follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Great Lakes

Great Lakes IL, IN, MI, MN, OH, WI

User Tag List

Old 01-29-2012, 10:18 PM   #29
Chupacabra
'it's the yeti of Texas'

Drives: 2013 Whiteout 6MT FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutron256 View Post
Bloomington Subaru seemed not only to be ontop of this but excited about it. The sales person they set me up with does autocross, and for an extra suckup the manager came out to say hi. Unnesscary since I'm already sold on the car, but a nice touch. If people were asking me to buy a car I knew nothing about I wouldn't be turning them away, I'd be doing my research.
I'm really glad you've had a great experience thus far with Bloomington Subaru!

So, for those Minnesota based BRZ/ FR-S buyers, head to Bloomington Subaru and Burnsville Scion to get deposits since there are 2 positive experiences out there. If there is another dealership that you know is taking deposits and you've had a good experience, share it here.
Chupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:28 AM   #30
Chupacabra
'it's the yeti of Texas'

Hi MN members,

I wanted to inform all of you that I just spoke with Subaru and Scion about their participation at the Auto Show this year.

According to Scion, they will not be bringing the FR-S to the Twin Cities

Subaru left me a voicemail this morning confirming that the BRZ will be on display but they didn't mention if we will be able to sit in it.

So optimists can say 'At least I won't have to go to Chicago to see the AS1'

And pessimists will say 'WTF?! Why can we only see the BRZ? I wanted to compare them both!'

I will say I'm grateful that the BRZ will be here instead of nothing.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:41 PM   #31
xrs

Drives: 02 Mitsubishi Mirage
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupacabra View Post
Hi MN members,

I wanted to inform all of you that I just spoke with Subaru and Scion about their participation at the Auto Show this year.

Subaru left me a voicemail this morning confirming that the BRZ will be on display but they didn't mention if we will be able to sit in it.

And pessimists will say 'WTF?! Why can we only see the BRZ? I wanted to compare them both!'

:happy0180: NICE FIND! I was wondering if they were bringing a BRZ or FRS out. It'll be awesome to finally see one in person. Upon seeing the car, I may just drop by a dealership with my $500 deposit.
xrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:15 PM   #32
neutron256

Drives: '13 GBS Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Hi MN members,

Thanks for that update. I was wondering if it would be at the show. I never go to the auto show but since I'm planning on getting the BRZ this will give me a first chance to see it in person. I hope I get to sit in it but even just seeing it in person will make me happy.
neutron256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:22 PM   #33
Chupacabra
'it's the yeti of Texas'

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrs View Post
:happy0180: NICE FIND! I was wondering if they were bringing a BRZ or FRS out. It'll be awesome to finally see one in person. Upon seeing the car, I may just drop by a dealership with my $500 deposit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutron256 View Post
Thanks for that update. I was wondering if it would be at the show. I never go to the auto show but since I'm planning on getting the BRZ this will give me a first chance to see it in person. I hope I get to sit in it but even just seeing it in person will make me happy.
No problem, I'm glad I could help out. I'm so desperate to see it in person and I will go to the show March 11th and snap some pics. Even though I'm getting the FR-S, I'll be able to get some visualization for actual appearance and assimilate interior differences in person.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:20 PM   #34
xrs

First contact attempt to Burnsville Scion today via email. Hope it goes well.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:09 PM   #35
Chupacabra
'it's the yeti of Texas'

Quote:
First contact attempt to Burnsville Scion today via email. Hope it goes well.
Yeah! Good Luck, they're a building full of good people.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:35 PM   #36
xrs

Just got off the phone with Justin. If you guys listen to KDWB Dave Ryan in the Morning, dude sounded like Crisco. Told me production date was March. He was estimating arrival date was gonna be in June. A bit later than I thought but gives me more time to save for my down payment. Gonna drop by with my deposit Saturday. From what he's said, it doesn't sound like Scion/Subaru are allocating many units to our neck of the woods. Makes sense cuz at mazda, we only received 1 or 2 RX-8/Miatas per month. We did end up with like three of each by years end only cuz they were such slow sellers but it sure doesn't give you a lot of options.

I'll try and see if he'll throw me some more nuggets of info this Saturday.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:02 PM   #37
ayau

Drives: Some rust bucket
Thanked 1,045 Times in 556 Posts
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quote:
Just got off the phone with Justin. If you guys listen to KDWB Dave Ryan in the Morning, dude sounded like Crisco. Told me production date was March. He was estimating arrival date was gonna be in June. A bit later than I thought but gives me more time to save for my down payment. Gonna drop by with my deposit Saturday. From what he's said, it doesn't sound like Scion/Subaru are allocating many units to our neck of the woods. Makes sense cuz at mazda, we only received 1 or 2 RX-8/Miatas per month. We did end up with like three of each by years end only cuz they were such slow sellers but it sure doesn't give you a lot of options.

Which dealer did you call?
ayau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:39 PM   #38
xrs

Burnsville Scion.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:21 AM   #39
Chupacabra
'it's the yeti of Texas'

Quote:

I don't think anything has changed much for info from what I found out. March production, June arrival. As far as I know MN has yet to receive a First 86 winner. The closest is in Nebraska or 'Sconny and that aggravates me.

All I will tell you about Burnsville is they want to get as many as they can, in any color/ transmission they can. But, they will look to get you taken care of prior to the others if you have a deposit on the car. I was told by Bill F.(super-duper sales manager) that much like the FJ's, they will place an order but don't expect more than 1-2 a month initially because of demand.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:23 PM   #40
GrimmSpeed

Drives: '13 BRZ, '12 WRX
Thanked 3,550 Times in 885 Posts
Mentioned: 218 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to GrimmSpeed Send a message via MSN to GrimmSpeed
Hey guys. We've been bugging the shit out of all the Subaru dealers over the last 4 months but I have gained nothing. Subaru isnt even taking deposits so i'm wondering if FRS is the way to go if you want one of the first ones.

Also, we got really lucky with Scion, we are able to get our hands on one for a few hours. If you can keep a secret maybe we can invite a few of you over to check it out.

Subscribed

Justin
GrimmSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:54 AM   #41
Chupacabra
'it's the yeti of Texas'

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimmSpeed View Post
Hey guys. We've been bugging the shit out of all the Subaru dealers over the last 4 months but I have gained nothing. Subaru isnt even taking deposits so i'm wondering if FRS is the way to go if you want one of the first ones.

Also, we got really lucky with Scion, we are able to get our hands on one for a few hours. If you can keep a secret maybe we can invite a few of you over to check it out.

Subscribed

Justin
Name the time and the place Justin, and I'm there. You have already received my info when I contacted you a few weeks ago; this is Jason B. who works at the motorcycle dealership.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:28 AM   #42
neutron256

Drives: '13 GBS Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Name the time and the place Justin, and I'm there. You have already received my info when I contacted you a few weeks ago; this is Jason B. who works at the motorcycle dealership.
I second that
neutron256 is offline   Reply With Quote