follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 04-03-2018, 10:18 PM   #1891
olsonpg

Drives: BRZ. R34 GT-T
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
I was at Vex for a service recently and they were wrapping up a built FA20 for someone, is that person on these forums? I am curious what it dyno'd at if it has been.

Deorio - not sure about too many shops but Vex does a lot with Subaru's and they were very fair on a timing belt replacement for my brothers STi.
That car at Vex would be mine.

Are they almost done with it? I haven't heard any updates in a month or so lol.

And the car hadn't been dyno'd a month ago. It may have hit the dyno in the last few weeks but it's been radio silent for a few weeks now.

The gist of the build is borgwarner 7163, built engine 10.5 and e85.
Old 04-04-2018, 09:20 PM   #1892
Baloo

Drives: 2015 BRZ Series Blue (White)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by olsonpg View Post
That car at Vex would be mine.

Are they almost done with it? I haven't heard any updates in a month or so lol.

And the car hadn't been dyno'd a month ago. It may have hit the dyno in the last few weeks but it's been radio silent for a few weeks now.

The gist of the build is borgwarner 7163, built engine 10.5 and e85.
I didn't quiz much, mostly asking what they have seen for BRZ/FRS stuff while I was in for an oil change. They said that a fully built turbo BRZ build was wrapping up and should be on the dyno soon. Apparently they don't dyno stuff in the winter and season was opening.

I have been kicking around the idea of forced induction, doing catless header and OFT this spring to see if that will suffice for now. Once you do get that on the road again I'd love to see it.
Baloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 11:53 PM   #1893
olsonpg

Quote:
I didn't quiz much, mostly asking what they have seen for BRZ/FRS stuff while I was in for an oil change. They said that a fully built turbo BRZ build was wrapping up and should be on the dyno soon. Apparently they don't dyno stuff in the winter and season was opening.

I have been kicking around the idea of forced induction, doing catless header and OFT this spring to see if that will suffice for now. Once you do get that on the road again I'd love to see it.
Hey man once I get it done I'd love to show you!

Lets go up to edmonton to the racetrack sometime this summer. I have yet to do a track day and this year is the year.

I'm hoping a reliable 400 wheel with a quick spool, full boost at sub 3700 rpm (I hope). Seen a few dyno sheets like that floating around.
Old 04-04-2018, 11:54 PM   #1894
olsonpg

Quote:

Yeah I started with Catless header and tune. Its all I would recommend for NA bang for your buck mods- and e85 if your close to that new gas station thats going to carry it in town.
Old 04-05-2018, 11:26 AM   #1895
JustSomeGuy
A Nobody

Drives: FRS
Quote:
Yeah I started with Catless header and tune. Its all I would recommend for NA bang for your buck mods- and e85 if your close to that new gas station thats going to carry it in town.
did you have any other exhaust components? i wanna go FI later down the road but since i just daily my car all year round i didnt wanna put strain on the -40 winters lol. my plan is just header and tune, what header did you use?
JustSomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 04:14 PM   #1896
Baloo

Quote:
Holy shit there is e85 in Calgary now??? Just looked it up and its not even far from me! Thanks for the heads up.
The Following User Says Thank You to Baloo For This Useful Post:
olsonpg (04-05-2018)
Old 04-05-2018, 07:10 PM   #1897
olsonpg

Quote:
Holy shit there is e85 in Calgary now??? Just looked it up and its not even far from me! Thanks for the heads up.
Game changer for Calgary tuning scene!
Old 04-05-2018, 07:15 PM   #1898
olsonpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSomeGuy View Post
did you have any other exhaust components? i wanna go FI later down the road but since i just daily my car all year round i didnt wanna put strain on the -40 winters lol. my plan is just header and tune, what header did you use?
I got the ace 150 type B.

Which I eventually had to sell for a turbo header.

If I could go back I wouldn't spend that kind of coin for a header. The difference between a 1500 dollar header and 600 dollar header is relatively very small.

I did header, overpipe, and midpipe. All catless. And eventually an axleback (greddy supreme sp) to try and tame the raspy sound of an equal length header. The axleback i'll be selling very shortly for next to nothing once I get it back from the shop. Maybe 400?

Yeah..I dont know much about forced induction but I can guess it doesnt like to be bothered in -40 degree weather lol.
Old 04-10-2018, 09:47 PM   #1899
cocoy_labuyo

Drives: WRB BRZ
anyone know where I can get stock tires for our cars for cheap? looking to get a few sets for drift season. gonna be my first
cocoy_labuyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 05:11 PM   #1900
Baloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoy_labuyo View Post
anyone know where I can get stock tires for our cars for cheap? looking to get a few sets for drift season. gonna be my first
UrbanX Wheel & Tire has always been good to me on prices. I know they used some of my old tires in the past for some of their drift car clients, perhaps they have some stuff for you to burn off! They are pretty much the highest rated tire shop in town.
The Following User Says Thank You to Baloo For This Useful Post:
cocoy_labuyo (04-11-2018)
Old 04-17-2018, 11:37 AM   #1901
ChanceSkeleton

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ Sport tech
New 2016 BRZ owner here. How are you guys dealing with the slush right now? I have studded winters on, and slushy driveways still give me problems. Any tips?
ChanceSkeleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 01:22 PM   #1902
dara

Drives: Scion FRS
When going slow, I turn off traction and stability control. I find that makes it quite easy to drive.
dara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 01:32 PM   #1903
dara

Drives: Scion FRS
Photos

Hey Everyone,

My name is Dara. I'm a photographer in Saskatoon but I spend a lot of time in Calgary. I wanted to offer to take some photos of your cars. For those of you who are interested, let me know and I can arrange something. I have copied a few photos that I have taken of my car.

Reach out!
Attached Images

dara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 12:55 AM   #1904
olsonpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dara View Post
Hey Everyone,

My name is Dara. I'm a photographer in Saskatoon but I spend a lot of time in Calgary. I wanted to offer to take some photos of your cars. For those of you who are interested, let me know and I can arrange something. I have copied a few photos that I have taken of my car.

Reach out!
I'll take you up on that. Car should be out of shop in a month or so.