follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting

Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting What these cars were built for!

User Tag List

Old 10-27-2019, 02:20 AM   #127
geraldjust

Drives: MR2, Sliver BRZ
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_classic View Post
gerald
I'm about to hit the pre-order button on your site. When do you think you'll have something for delivery? I'm looking for the Pedal Dance box pretty much as you have it now with only the additional ability to wire into a switch (I can do that myself).

Thank you.
Hey there! well i think im expected to ship out by mid november. For now im customizing each one for each person but hopefully by the time it goes live to full retail i will have it able to be customizable as a list in the website. And yes, i will have both push button support. and im currently wiring just simple switch support. actually tested it out a hour ago:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBo164kZaOg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBo164kZaOg[/ame]
Joon525 (10-27-2019)
Old 10-27-2019, 09:52 AM   #128
ermax

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited Silver
Thanked 2,045 Times in 1,188 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Is there any chance of disabling the LEDs?
ermax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 11:48 AM   #129
beanswv17

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
How will these wire up to the seriesblueadventures switches? They have 3 poles total, when I wired a set of lights to them I had power to one pole, the lights themselves to the middle pole, and ground to the third I believe. Will they work with just the two wires like you have shown in the video, and if so will the light on the switch still function?
beanswv17 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to beanswv17 For This Useful Post:
Stang70Fastback (11-14-2019)
Old 10-27-2019, 02:40 PM   #130
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanswv17 View Post
How will these wire up to the seriesblueadventures switches? They have 3 poles total, when I wired a set of lights to them I had power to one pole, the lights themselves to the middle pole, and ground to the third I believe. Will they work with just the two wires like you have shown in the video, and if so will the light on the switch still function?
the seriesblue switches are lighted-single-pole. meaning that the +12v, and ground are required. they output a +12v signal. as long as these PDB's(Pedal Dance Box) can utilize a 12v signal for switching, they'll work fine.
Old 10-27-2019, 02:54 PM   #131
geraldjust

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
the seriesblue switches are lighted-single-pole. meaning that the +12v, and ground are required. they output a +12v signal. as long as these PDB's(Pedal Dance Box) can utilize a 12v signal for switching, they'll work fine.
Yup! I actually contacted him to know how the switch worked to make it work with it too. (sorry I did not know this was you! Lol). So I have a couple of wires available there. One is 12v+ that turns on when the car is on. One is ground from the car. And a third wire will be the actual signal to the device. It's a 12v inputs for it so it should work perfectly fine with those switches. ( I based my design around those because I am ganna buy some too lol). The only thing is that the 12v and the ground do need to be connected to multiple switches though. So a little Daisy chain would need to be done.

Do any of you guys know what terminals those switches uses? I mean for the backside. As in a generic slide in connector like a speaker tabs?

Edit: and each additional signal has its own cable. But the 12v and ground need to be shared.
Old 10-27-2019, 03:08 PM   #132
Butterballz

Drives: Black FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by geraldjust View Post
Yup! I actually contacted him to know how the switch worked to make it work with it too. (sorry I did not know this was you! Lol). So I have a couple of wires available there. One is 12v+ that turns on when the car is on. One is ground from the car. And a third wire will be the actual signal to the device. It's a 12v inputs for it so it should work perfectly fine with those switches. ( I based my design around those because I am ganna buy some too lol). The only thing is that the 12v and the ground do need to be connected to multiple switches though. So a little Daisy chain would need to be done.

Do any of you guys know what terminals those switches uses? I mean for the backside. As in a generic slide in connector like a speaker tabs?

Edit: and each additional signal has its own cable. But the 12v and ground need to be shared.
Does this mean your box will have a single 12v accessory wire to power the lights on the switch as well as a ground wire or will I need to find a 12v accessory to power the switch and then ground the switch to the chassis? It would make the install cleaner if the box has those two wires and a single wire for the features since I wouldn't need to tap other sources like the footwell fuse box and it will power/ground through the options plug.
Butterballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 03:09 PM   #133
rice_classic

Drives: Nevermorange FRS
Thanked 4,200 Times in 1,803 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
And yes, i will have both push button support. and im currently wiring just simple switch support.
I just pre-ordered mine - I'll follow up with an email.

Quick question - When the PD is engaged, both lights on the dash are on, but the same thing happens with the TC-long press. How were you able to confirm that your module was turning on PD as opposed to just TC-Long press.

I ask because earlier it was claimed that the ECUTEK app was able to do the PD but it was discovered that wasn't the case.

Thank you in advance.
Old 10-27-2019, 04:09 PM   #134
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quote:
(sorry I did not know this was you! Lol)
to be clear, seriesblue is not me. i just like to pretend to be an electrical wizard from time to time.

i'm staying quiet, but watching this. my application will be a little different, as i'll need it to be activated by the 'snow/ice' AT momentary switches. but it'll be a little while before i have the money together, so i ain't gonna bother till then!
Old 10-27-2019, 04:56 PM   #135
geraldjust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterballz View Post
Does this mean your box will have a single 12v accessory wire to power the lights on the switch as well as a ground wire or will I need to find a 12v accessory to power the switch and then ground the switch to the chassis? It would make the install cleaner if the box has those two wires and a single wire for the features since I wouldn't need to tap other sources like the footwell fuse box and it will power/ground through the options plug.
yeah my box includes the 12v switched and the ground to make a neater install.

@rice_classic

well like you said its a long press long press requires time between turning it on and off. i can touch and release at will like the video stated. Plus one hand had the wires and the other hand i was holding the camera lol.

I do think the ECUteck actually send the PD signal though canbus. Kind of weird that did not work for you. But i can confirm it myself.

how would you like me to prove it to you?
@soundman98
Ah ok. sorry i got confused for a quick second. and sounds good!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_x-z0cVuH0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_x-z0cVuH0[/ame]

Last edited by geraldjust; 10-27-2019 at 05:32 PM.
geraldjust is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to geraldjust For This Useful Post:
beanswv17 (10-27-2019), Joon525 (10-27-2019), Tristor (10-27-2019)
Old 10-27-2019, 08:21 PM   #136
rice_classic

Quote:
yeah my box includes the 12v switched and the ground to make a neater install.

@rice_classic

well like you said its a long press long press requires time between turning it on and off. i can touch and release at will like the video stated. Plus one hand had the wires and the other hand i was holding the camera lol.

I do think the ECUteck actually send the PD signal though canbus. Kind of weird that did not work for you. But i can confirm it myself.

how would you like me to prove it to you?
Well, I don't know, as I'm ignorant of how this works. I'm primarily curious how it all works.

It seems that just having the TC lights illuminated doesn't confirm PD, since their illumination could mean either TCLP or PD. Were you able to identify the individual command codes for PD and TCLP and are specifically sending the PD command to the ECU?
iLuveKetchup (10-27-2019)
Old 10-27-2019, 08:44 PM   #137
iLuveKetchup
My VTEC fluid is full

Drives: EFF JAY
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Pedal
iLuveKetchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 10:01 PM   #138
geraldjust

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_classic View Post
Well, I don't know, as I'm ignorant of how this works. I'm primarily curious how it all works.

It seems that just having the TC lights illuminated doesn't confirm PD, since their illumination could mean either TCLP or PD. Were you able to identify the individual command codes for PD and TCLP and are specifically sending the PD command to the ECU?
Well how this work is that dealer level software or even factory level software that had commands that are send though canbus. They can activate or deactivate various part of different systems. Well not sure what to tell you.. but you can check if your in PD mode is by when your on it, short pressing or long pressing either the TC or the sport button wont work at all until you turn off the car or send the PD off command though canbus. Which i can, but while in PD mode the buttons wont do anything. Also, these commands are not to the ecu but the ABS module. They are dealer level/factory level commands. So outside the typical OBD2 commands, and they are not the vehicle level data (i mean the regular transport data for regular function).

Though canbus there isnt any long press traction control "command" so its not possible to send TCLP though canbus. Only by physically possible by actually pressing the button.
Tristor (10-27-2019)
Old 10-27-2019, 10:05 PM   #139
rice_classic

Quote:
Well how this work is that dealer level software or even factory level software that had commands that are send though canbus. They can activate or deactivate various part of different systems. Well not sure what to tell you.. but you can check if your in PD mode is by when your on it, short pressing or long pressing either the TC or the sport button wont work at all until you turn off the car or send the PD off command though canbus. Which i can, but while in PD mode the buttons wont do anything. Also, these commands are not to the ecu but the ABS module. They are dealer level/factory level commands. So outside the typical OBD2 commands, and they are not the vehicle level data (i mean the regular transport data for regular function).

Though canbus there isnt any long press traction control "command" so its not possible to send TCLP though canbus. Only by physically possible by actually pressing the button.
I'm sold.

Consider me enlightened. Thank you sir.
Old 10-27-2019, 11:01 PM   #140
Tristor

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
I'm sold, I want to wire this in from behind the radio to a switch on my dash.
Tristor is offline   Reply With Quote