follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List
jpit

Old 05-12-2014, 12:24 PM   #4355
tennisfreak

Drives: 2018 BMW M240i
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
I sure do see Nameless thanking posters which post comments praising/defending them.

That means they are here.

They sure have ignored and failed to address any questions and comments about their headers and or the dynos they promised to give us many months ago.
I understand them ignoring the posts that are being unreasonable or defamatory but I don't understand them not even giving an explanation to the people asking legitimate questions like where are the dynos you promised us.

It gives the impression that the product does not live up to expectations and/or they don't care about about their customers and just want to sell product.
tennisfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 12:29 PM   #4356
raul
Lap time enthusiast

Drives: Asphalt '13 FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by w00t692 View Post
I dont' think you appreciate just how much work it is to try multiple different combinations of exhaust and intake cam angles... think about how many different ways that can play out...
My Nameless header tune took 2-3 hours of street tuning for AFR/Timing/Knock etc, and about 1.5 to 2 hours on the dyno on just playing with the cams. It's a process to get every ounce of performance out of an N/A system.
raul is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to raul For This Useful Post:
Sportsguy83 (05-12-2014)
Old 05-12-2014, 12:38 PM   #4357
DatApex

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfreak View Post
I sure do see Nameless thanking posters which post comments praising/defending them.

They sure have ignored and failed to address any questions and comments about their headers and or the dynos they promised to give us many months ago.
I understand them ignoring the posts that are being unreasonable or defamatory but I don't understand them not even giving an explanation to the people asking legitimate questions like where are the dynos you promised us.

It gives the impression that the product does not live up to expectations and/or they don't care about about their customers and just want to sell product.
Really? Do you seriously not see the post 5 posts above you? You ask for a dyno from Nameless, they post one, then everyone cries about how it's not independent. This thread is huge, a couple thanks on posts is hardly evidence they're keeping up on the thread. The sense of entitlement a fair number of people in this thread seem to have is embarrassing. The info is out there, they've said SEVERAL TIMES to just call them if you have any questions or concerns or want more info. Maybe if you did, you'd understand why. They've always been very forthcoming when I've called, and answered all my questions without fail. I'm not concerned they don't cater to a bunch a whiny anonymous mooks on the internet who are very clearly not going to be spending any money with them anyway. And they shouldn't, given the piss-poor attitudes whenever they DO post anything.

I'll have my header in a week or so, and I'll be getting it tuned by one of their recommended tuners when time allows. I'll post my results when I can.
DatApex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DatApex For This Useful Post:
Shneegle (05-12-2014), SirBrass (05-12-2014)
Old 05-12-2014, 01:19 PM   #4358
Ryan@Nameless

Drives: 2014 SWP BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quote:

Alright, you have my full attention.

I apologize for not really having time to come in here and post, usually just check up on this forum every couple of days when I have a message or something of the like. Most of my day is spent responding to emails, phone calls, or chats on our website, and I am available all day to answer any questions you may have there.

I would like to address some of the points you are trying to make with your post. We absolutely posted our dyno findings as soon as they were available to us. Like I had mentioned before, our tuner is a busy guy, and he did a ton of fantastic work for us with our header. Even after we posted dynos, people clamored for independent dynos, which obviously we cannot provide. Furthermore, we absolutely care about our customers. I take all of my interactions personally with everyone who contacts me here at the shop, as do John and Jason. Have you ever called the shop here? Dropped an email? Used our website chat feature?

But, I digress. Since this has proven to be your preferred medium, what can I do for you, exactly? Let me know what I can do to better help you out.

-Ryan @ Nameless
Ryan@Nameless is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ryan@Nameless For This Useful Post:
2superblus (05-12-2014), Marchy (05-12-2014), QFry (05-13-2014), Shneegle (05-12-2014), SirBrass (05-12-2014), slates74 (05-13-2014), Slysdexia (05-12-2014), tennisfreak (05-12-2014)
Old 05-12-2014, 01:59 PM   #4359
SirBrass
Trust me, I'm the Doctor

Drives: 2019 WRX Limited (WRB)
Thanked 1,251 Times in 781 Posts
Garage
Even after folks have been utter asshats, NP is still willing to be courteous. That's customer service, folks.

Don't be d*bags.

On phone I am. Therefore, if mistakes I make, Frank Oz blame you should.

^GT5 Replay Photo Mode^
SirBrass is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SirBrass For This Useful Post:
Marchy (05-12-2014), Shneegle (05-12-2014)
Old 05-12-2014, 02:22 PM   #4360
tennisfreak

Drives: 2018 BMW M240i
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan@Nameless View Post
Alright, you have my full attention.

I apologize for not really having time to come in here and post, usually just check up on this forum every couple of days when I have a message or something of the like. Most of my day is spent responding to emails, phone calls, or chats on our website, and I am available all day to answer any questions you may have there.

I would like to address some of the points you are trying to make with your post. We absolutely posted our dyno findings as soon as they were available to us. Like I had mentioned before, our tuner is a busy guy, and he did a ton of fantastic work for us with our header. Even after we posted dynos, people clamored for independent dynos, which obviously we cannot provide. Furthermore, we absolutely care about our customers. I take all of my interactions personally with everyone who contacts me here at the shop, as do John and Jason. Have you ever called the shop here? Dropped an email? Used our website chat feature?

But, I digress. Since this has proven to be your preferred medium, what can I do for you, exactly? Let me know what I can do to better help you out.

-Ryan @ Nameless
Thanks Ryan.

The only thing I was wanting was the untuned dyno results that Nameless said they would provide. I'm not ready to commit to a tune yet and wanted to know what benefits I would get untuned. http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...postcount=2707
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan@Nameless View Post
The header is headed out today for some additional testing. Will have dyno results for both untuned and tuned (via Motec M1) available at the end of this week/early next week.

EcuTek Tune information to follow shortly after.

-Ryan @ Nameless
As for other methods of communication I have used many of them.
I have chatted directly with you on your website with questions about my exhaust setup and advice on which direction to take. You have always been very helpful and honest.
I have also posted on your facebook page numerous times but have never received a response to my posts using that form of communication.

@SirBrass try to take off the blinders and realize just because people post a question they are not an asshat. Shouting down anyone with a question/concern makes you an asshat.
tennisfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 02:47 PM   #4361
SirBrass
Trust me, I'm the Doctor

Garage
Thing is concerns were brought up, and then addressed. Those concerns, now turning into shrill basically became "We want our demands met now!". As seen by the "We want dyno graphs!" *np finally is able to get a good dyno chart*, then "That's not independent!" Oi vey!

That's what I'm slamming, not the raising of concerns in general. Giving the current complaints the dignity of being called concerns isn't doing the english language any justice.

^GT5 Replay Photo Mode^
The Following User Says Thank You to SirBrass For This Useful Post:
acro (05-12-2014)
Old 05-12-2014, 02:55 PM   #4362
mad_sb

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimman View Post
I thought @mad_sb had one of these, and was going to have a go at tuning, or at least just dynoing, it.
I have one, it make my nameless front pipe rub on the corner of the head and make aweful noises that make me not want to drive the car. I need to pull off the header and frontpipe to "clearance" everyting with a big freaking hammer but i'm tired of messing with the exhaust on this car right now so it is on the back burner until i finish my 4runner project and start driving that daily.

It's a little stronger than my fa20club header was. I have not seen the need to re tune after swapping the header based on AFR, logged load, and how it pulls. I am also tired of spending hundreds of dollars for dyno time every time i change a part. It's a good header but I don't think it is that much better than anything else out there at the moment.
Old 05-12-2014, 03:01 PM   #4363
Ryan@Nameless

Drives: 2014 SWP BRZ Limited
Quote:
Thanks Ryan.

The only thing I was wanting was the untuned dyno results that Nameless said they would provide. I'm not ready to commit to a tune yet and wanted to know what benefits I would get untuned..
I'll see if I can dig up the numbers, I'm sure we have them somewhere. The way I have been describing it to people on running the header untuned vs. tuned is like paying a bunch of money to have your kitchen remodeled, but then still using it to cook Kraft mac and cheese. Obviously you will see a bump in performance, but the true benefit of the header is the fact that it allows you to be more aggressive in tuning, and really gain a significant amount of horsepower and torque.

If all you are really after is quantifiable data, I'll do my best to honor that request.

-Ryan @ Nameless
Ryan@Nameless is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ryan@Nameless For This Useful Post:
Calum (05-13-2014), SirBrass (05-12-2014), tennisfreak (05-12-2014)
Old 05-12-2014, 03:48 PM   #4364
SirBrass
Trust me, I'm the Doctor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_sb View Post
I have one, it make my nameless front pipe rub on the corner of the head and make aweful noises that make me not want to drive the car. I need to pull off the header and frontpipe to "clearance" everyting with a big freaking hammer but i'm tired of messing with the exhaust on this car right now so it is on the back burner until i finish my 4runner project and start driving that daily.

It's a little stronger than my fa20club header was. I have not seen the need to re tune after swapping the header based on AFR, logged load, and how it pulls. I am also tired of spending hundreds of dollars for dyno time every time i change a part. It's a good header but I don't think it is that much better than anything else out there at the moment.
That seems to be the general concensus that NP and JDL EL headers are pretty much on par. That said, JDL is top line on available performance increases, so the NP ELH would be just as good.

Question then is do you want Long tube 4-2-1 or long tube 4-1. Pick one and pony up the $$.

^GT5 Replay Photo Mode^
Old 05-12-2014, 05:36 PM   #4365
DatApex

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBrass View Post
That seems to be the general concensus that NP and JDL EL headers are pretty much on par. That said, JDL is top line on available performance increases, so the NP ELH would be just as good.

Question then is do you want Long tube 4-2-1 or long tube 4-1. Pick one and pony up the $$.
JDL isn't longtube, btw.
DatApex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 05:39 PM   #4366
Shneegle

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
The only thing I was wanting was the untuned dyno results that Nameless said they would provide. I'm not ready to commit to a tune yet and wanted to know what benefits I would get untuned. http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...postcount=2707

See below for untuned results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shneegle View Post
Finally got all the files from my tuner and have the dyno below. All runs were done on the same day and same car. I included 3 pull in the dyno graph and they are as follows:

Blue - Stock FRS
Red - Nameless 4-2-1 Header + 3" Nameless Header-back Exhaust
Green- Header + Exhaust + Tune

Tuned By Aaron at ATSRacing in Denton, TX
Not many parts are worth it when you have decided not to tune the car.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:45 PM   #4367
Deathreaper

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
While I understand the desire to isolate the header gains from tune gains, I don't think it will achieve the desired outcome nor does it make much sense. It's like benchmarking computer hardware without installing the drivers...
Deathreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Deathreaper For This Useful Post:
ATL BRZ (05-13-2014), sato (05-13-2014), SirBrass (05-12-2014), Slysdexia (05-13-2014)
Old 05-12-2014, 10:58 PM   #4368
FrsDuke
Fanboy

Drives: 2013 ultramarine frs
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
A far better comparison is tuned stock car vs tuned with header.

-Duke
FrsDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FrsDuke For This Useful Post:
mad_sb (05-13-2014), SirBrass (05-12-2014)

Tags
21 months no dyno, 22 months no vendor dyno, 22months4rattles&leakssmh, amazing warped qualiy, y u no tag