follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 06-13-2019, 01:45 AM   #1
maregt

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Cusco rear upper control arm

Hello everybody, i'm about to buy them, any advice?

I read they allow 15mm of adjustment over stock, is it enough to reduce rear negative camber from drop (let's say to 0 for drifting purpose)?
For those who have them, any fitment issue?

Thank you!

Inviato dal mio LG-M320 utilizzando Tapatalk
maregt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 11:13 AM   #2
Vital

Drives: 2015 BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maregt View Post
Hello everybody, i'm about to buy them, any advice?

I read they allow 15mm of adjustment over stock, is it enough to reduce rear negative camber from drop (let's say to 0 for drifting purpose)?
For those who have them, any fitment issue?

Thank you!

you can just get rear lower control arms easier to install and easy to adjust.
http://www.ft86speedfactory.com/cusc...e-lca-100.html
Vital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 12:38 PM   #3
churchx

Drives: 2014 GT86
Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,436 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
UCAs cost more. As LCA is sufficient to gain rear camber adjustment, it's what most get for these cars. Not sure of reasons why UCAs at premium cost will be better choice for that.
For drifting purpose .. better just use cheap not wide tires with high threadwear for limited grip and longer running .. and to further limit grip (if drifting with limited NA power) you can pump much higher pressures in rear. Though imho front will be that will limit you most for drifting. Preferably to have very high front negative camber eg. -4 or -5 for drifting, to get even contact on countersteering outer front tire. Another limiting factor, again in front - small max steering angle on these cars (due limited clearance from wide boxer layout engine). Maybe some megan racing end links will help for that, if budget is tight for true drifting front suspension such as from wisefab or parts shop max or fdf raceshop angle kits. And then limit of stock lack of NA power.
Imho not worth to bother with serious flashy drifting at high angles and lot of smoke on these cars without high budget to redo suspension and add (forced induction) power. They excel for HPDE track use, better go with that as hobby.
churchx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 01:49 PM   #4
maregt

I read multiple times that ruca adjustments doesn't affect toe significantly and this is a big win to me cause i'd like to be able to set camber at home or at the track by feel, take note of setting (mm) and then make my own presets for hpde and drifting

I've asked about 0 camber cause it's the most extreme setting i'd like to try, if i can get there with the car lowered let's say 50mm then i'll know for sure that i wont need to spend money again (at least for rear camber )

Old 06-13-2019, 02:45 PM   #5
NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,253 Times in 7,346 Posts
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
I read multiple times that ruca adjustments doesn't affect toe significantly.
It will effect it quite a bit. Maybe not as severely as an LCA being the UCA is closer to where the toe arm connects to the knuckle. But it will change the toe a lot.
NoHaveMSG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NoHaveMSG For This Useful Post:
maregt (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 03:11 PM   #6
strat61caster
-

Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Thanked 9,470 Times in 4,993 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
If you get threaded adjusters for both lower control arms you can learn how much to turn each to affect camber and not toe or change toe and not camber by practicing in the garage for example 2 flats on the rear lca, 1 flat on the 'toe' lca = a camber change.

Limited access to the upper control arm will be the disadvantage when trying to adjust at the track.
strat61caster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to strat61caster For This Useful Post:
churchx (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 03:41 PM   #7
maregt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
It will effect it quite a bit. Maybe not as severely as an LCA being the UCA is closer to where the toe arm connects to the knuckle. But it will change the toe a lot.
Thank you! Do you have data to share (not questioning, just asking for data to make an educated decision)?

I mean, let's assume i'm at -3 degree camber 0.1 total toe in and willing to bring camber up to -2...do you think toe will end up to be negative?

Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
If you get threaded adjusters for both lower control arms you can learn how much to turn each to affect camber and not toe or change toe and not camber by practicing in the garage for example 2 flats on the rear lca, 1 flat on the 'toe' lca = a camber change.

Limited access to the upper control arm will be the disadvantage when trying to adjust at the track.
Oh no, if it has to be that difficult then it will be cheaper and more convenient to buy lca and threaded toe arm from the beginning...i'll have to do the same amount of work at home but at least if i take the car to a shop for alignment the alignment guy will be happier
Old 06-13-2019, 03:44 PM   #8
NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,253 Times in 7,346 Posts
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Thank you! Do you have data to share (not questioning, just asking for data to make an educated decision)?

I mean, let's assume i'm at -3 degree camber 0.1 total toe in and willing to bring camber up to -2...do you think toe will end up to be negative?
The toe arm attaches to the front of the knuckle, so increasing negative camber will toe it out. Positive camber will toe it in. I don't know how much a degree will change it. I have toe plates and a camber gauge so I just use those.
NoHaveMSG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NoHaveMSG For This Useful Post:
maregt (06-13-2019), strat61caster (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 03:50 PM   #9
Racecomp Engineering

Drives: 2016 BRZ, 2012 Paris Di2 & 2018 STI
Thanked 7,233 Times in 2,957 Posts
Mentioned: 303 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Racecomp Engineering
An adjustable toe arm is IMO worth it either way. I don't like the stock one.

Adjusting rear alignment is a little bit of a pain but it just takes some patience.

- Andrew
Racecomp Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Racecomp Engineering For This Useful Post:
maregt (06-13-2019), wparsons (06-14-2019)