follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Northern California

Northern California NorCal

User Tag List

Old 05-28-2013, 08:37 PM   #15
MidLife&luvIt
Resistance is futile

Drives: 2013 Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
Not sure if joking...

Not joking and thanks. I did see that....
MidLife&luvIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:40 PM   #16
BlaineWasHere
Grip>Drift

Drives: FRS
Thanked 1,749 Times in 918 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Old 05-28-2013, 08:43 PM   #17
BigFatFlip
sleep, drive, eat, repeat

Drives: '13 BRZ, '12 Outback
Thanked 3,796 Times in 1,981 Posts
Mentioned: 188 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
I still think dividing up the California forums was a mistake, this place has next to nothing going on now, at least with a bigger group we could talk about standard things affecting all of us like laws and tracks that we can visit and sanctioning bodies.

And get off my lawn.
I hear ya, I actually enjoyed having just one CA subforum. "You kids these days, back in my day, we had one CA sub forum, and we liked it, and we had to walk to school, barefoot, in the snow, uphill, both ways!"

Quote:
Well that escalated quickly...
Thanks, I needed that.
BigFatFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BigFatFlip For This Useful Post:
bignrichlll (05-28-2013), MidLife&luvIt (05-28-2013), strat61caster (05-29-2013)
Old 05-28-2013, 09:54 PM   #18
>(559)< FR-s

Drives: 2013 FR-s® (Red)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Well that escalated quickly...

Not sure what your rant is trying to prove, but might want to read this:

Northern California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In any case "Central California" generally refers to the "Central Valley", bitch about geography all you want but culturally speaking population density is waay more important when dividing people.

Edit: Just googled "Midnight Mayhem" I'm glad there's some Rocky Horror Picture love going on!

I can understand the density thing! The only reason I bring it up is because we are still a ways away from everyone. Like do you want to drive two and a half ta three hours one way for a three hour drive, just to have another three hour ride home? I know if im doing a 7-8hour trip I wana end up somewhere I can find a cold one an some boobies to play with! Not just home to the dogs. But anyways u came off a lil as an a$$holewith the hole get off ur lawn. I should have said 'get out my orange grove', an to face the fact (who wants to be socal)? there drives must consist of a 6 hour drive taking the 405 in one circle.

Why the split in the first place?
But anyways good research!!!

O and Midnight Mayhem is open track for LVMS/ Las Vegas Motor Speedway. They try and hold it a couple times a
http://www.lvms.com/dragstrip/midnight_mayhem/
>(559)< FR-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:56 PM   #19
>(559)< FR-s

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaineWasHere View Post
Old 05-28-2013, 10:02 PM   #20
>(559)< FR-s

Garage
Lightbulb

O and Midnight Mayhem is open track for LVMS/ Las Vegas Motor Speedway. They try and hold it a couple times a
http://www.lvms.com/dragstrip/midnight_mayhem/[/QUOTE]

Most tracks have them. you have to find info out through the arena.

Famoso Speedway
http://www.famosoraceway.com/fnd.htm
Old 05-28-2013, 10:31 PM   #21
bignrichlll
Because Bacon

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited Dark Grey Metallic
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by “559" FR-s View Post
I know if im doing a 7-8hour trip I wana end up somewhere I can find a cold one an some boobies to play with!
Your choice of emoticon grieves me greatly! How did you not see these?! Seriously tho I feel you on the driving thing. I grew up in fucking Chowchilla. The ratio of people on the forum to people with these cars is so small, there just arent more than about 6 central valley peeps total. And the valley is loooong..
MidLife&luvIt (05-28-2013)
Old 05-29-2013, 12:15 PM   #22
strat61caster
-

Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Thanked 9,476 Times in 4,997 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
The only reason I bring it up is because we are still a ways away from everyone. Like do you want to drive two and a half ta three hours one way for a three hour drive, just to have another three hour ride home? I know if im doing a 7-8hour trip I wana end up somewhere I can find a cold one an some boobies to play with! Not just home to the dogs. But anyways u came off a lil as an a$$holewith the hole get off ur lawn. I should have said 'get out my orange grove', an to face the fact (who wants to be socal)? there drives must consist of a 6 hour drive taking the 405 in one circle.

Why the split in the first place?
But anyways good research!!!
That's the way it has always been and the way it always will be, how do you think owners in Idaho or North Dakota feel? Rural Texas? And then you bring up Las Vegas, you are smack dab in between some of the most beautiful coastlines, mountains, and forests and can make a weekend out of visiting any of three world famous cities without worrying. :happy0180:

The get off my lawn comment was me being an old man reminiscing about the past and how things used to be. It's a relatively common phrase.

The split was due to complaints that it was confusing, people "wasting time" clicking on threads for meets that they didn't realize they had zero chance of making, people getting excited about a "Bay Area" thread and realizing it's the wrong one, and probably a little bit of rivalry.

Meanwhile entire continents get one lonely subforum, not to mention every other state that isn't California or Hawaii gets combined into large regional forums.
strat61caster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to strat61caster For This Useful Post:
MidLife&luvIt (05-29-2013)
Old 05-29-2013, 01:24 PM   #23
>(559)< FR-s

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bignrichlll View Post
Your choice of emoticon grieves me greatly! How did you not see these?! Seriously tho I feel you on the driving thing. I grew up in fucking Chowchilla. The ratio of people on the forum to people with these cars is so small, there just arent more than about 6 central valley peeps total. And the valley is loooong..

No where are those ones at? Im still really new to all this. I have not used any kind of social network in like 5 years!!!! I don't even have a FaceBook.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:22 PM   #24
SilentAngel

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
I would actually like to have some sort of section for Central cal so that it would be easier for us to setup meets and other stuff. We have 1 thread that we just post everything into and it just gets jumbled up with everything else. Even if the section was still listed under Nor cal I wouldn't care it would just be nice to have some way to be able sort through everything. Most of the time we don't see when someone is setting up a meet on our thread because it just ends up mixed together with everything else and we don't end up making it and having successful meets.

I think there is actually about 15 people in Cen cal total although probably only about 6 or 7 of us are actually really active. I do like going to some of the Nor cal meets even if we do get a cen cal group ill still go to some of those, but for the trips that are farther up i just won't make them. Any sort of friday night event or anything where as i still have work the next day there typically in nor cal. For instance the first event i went to in November I stayed at a friends place, but he has since moved and is really busy so that is not really an option anymore. the second event was closer, but i still had a
2 1/2-3 hour drive home, so i skipped the drive event and left for home early.

Just saying it would be nice to have some way to sort things into categories for us here in Central Cal.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
MidLife&luvIt (05-29-2013), skye67 (07-13-2014)
Old 05-29-2013, 03:28 PM   #25
bignrichlll
Because Bacon

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentAngel View Post
I would actually like to have some sort of section for Central cal so that it would be easier for us to setup meets and other stuff. We have 1 thread that we just post everything into and it just gets jumbled up with everything else. Even if the section was still listed under Nor cal I wouldn't care it would just be nice to have some way to be able sort through everything. Most of the time we don't see when someone is setting up a meet on our thread because it just ends up mixed together with everything else and we don't end up making it and having successful meets.
Just saying it would be nice to have some way to sort things into categories for us here in Central Cal.
ya I agree in theory but if you look at how dead our thread is... When Im here in phoenix its even worse,we just had a 35 car meet & bbq,and theyre VERY active & we only have a thread in the southwest regional forum.Its insane,some days they fill up 3 pages,try finding the info in that!

I think the best bet would be to have a cencal thread specifically for meets/drives(NO conversations),and use our existing cencal thread for riff raff..
Old 05-29-2013, 03:39 PM   #26
bignrichlll
Because Bacon

Garage
Quote:
No where are those ones at? Im still really new to all this. I have not used any kind of social network in like 5 years!!!! I don't even have a FaceBook.

Surprising how common that is still.. If you scroll to the bottom of the smileys template,there is a link for "more",just click that and then each one you click on will appear in the text box here..
>(559)< FR-s (05-29-2013), MidLife&luvIt (05-29-2013)
Old 05-29-2013, 03:47 PM   #27
>(559)< FR-s

Garage
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentAngel View Post
I would actually like to have some sort of section for Central cal so that it would be easier for us to setup meets and other stuff. We have 1 thread that we just post everything into and it just gets jumbled up with everything else.
Just saying it would be nice to have some way to sort things into categories
for us here in Central Cal.

*************Idea*************

So in away I do agree that splitting to another Region will just make things worse. Then instead of trying to organize 2 groups it will be 3. It will just cause conflict be so much more work and harder to organize . Every one wll be pissed at each other until we all fall out!!

So what if we stay on the Norcal Region, but start a Central Valley Owners Club? That way we can still organize our self's and be recognized, an still part of the bigger picture! We do need to stick together though. SoCal don't want us NorCal opened the door an welcomed us. The more we devide the faster we will all fall. We can do drives to Nor and So an link up when ever.

CenCal Owners
C.V. Owners
Central Valley Owners.......

How does every one feel about that?

Cause we know we don't want to go South, more trees North
Old 05-29-2013, 03:58 PM   #28
>(559)< FR-s

Garage