follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 09-23-2019, 04:44 PM   #57
CounterSpace Garage

Drives: Subaru BRZ / Toyota 86 Experts
Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by timurrrr View Post
I believe the right OEM part numbers for BRZ Performance Package brake disks are 26300FE001 for the front and 26700CA000 for the rear.

Source:
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2744390 (keep in mind that the prices have been somewhat reduced since then)

See also
https://www.subarupartsdeal.com/part...6300fe001.html
https://www.subarupartsdeal.com/part...6700ca000.html
for some discounts (Currently: $350/ea front disk, $330/ea rear disk)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toast View Post
Why would anyone go to the dealer for rotors? Pull up the PP package on TireRack and see what size the rotors are and order Centric blanks.
If you need replacements, please let us know. We generally keep the fronts in stock. Generally speaking, you shouldn't be killing the rears and if you are, please lay off the traction control a little bit.
CounterSpace Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 01:37 AM   #58
showrun

Drives: 2015 FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'm a skeptic by nature.
I don't believe things.
Religions. Astrology. Homeopathy. I believe none of that.

I also didn't believe that a $400 set of pads of unknown origin could be significantly better than something like the sub-$200 XP10.

I was wrong.
The CSG C1 are life-changing.

Today was my first HPDE on them. Stock car except for SX2 tires, pads, fluids and crash bolts.

This is the best braking I've ever experienced on track. It reminded me of the PFC pads I had on my C6. I actually wouldn't be surprised if the CSGs were made by PFC.

It's not just the lack of fade. The XP10s were fine there. It's the control, the modulation, the confidence.

I shaved 2 seconds off of my best time at my home track. And I was more consistent lap after lap than before (to be fair, this is not all thanks to the pads. I also experimented with tire pressures more than usual, and got good results)

I can't comment on how long they will last (yet). But unless they wear out in like 3 days, I am re-ordering.
showrun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to showrun For This Useful Post:
CounterSpace Garage (10-29-2019), FirstWinter (10-28-2019), mixxxx (01-19-2020), wparsons (01-14-2020)
Old 10-29-2019, 02:14 AM   #59
timurrrr

Drives: 2022 GR86
Thanked 1,292 Times in 715 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I've been trying CSG Spec C1 front + Project Mu Club Racer rear (because C1 rears were out of stock) on my '17 PP BRZ lately, previously I've only tried the stock pads. Other than my BRZ with stock pads, I've previously tracked a few other cars with track pads.

With the CSG C1/PMu CR combo, the brakes feel very consistent and I didn't experience any fade on the track.
The perceived level of friction is so much higher than stock pads that I spent a few laps just re-learning how to trail brake and heel-toe. It also took me a bit to re-learn how to use the brake pedal at AutoX (admittedly, this isn't a pad for autox, see laso below).
Honestly, I'd personally prefer slightly lower level of friction to have a bit more control, but maybe I just need more practice. Perhaps this level of performance makes more sense when using higher-grip tires (I'm on SX2s now).

The pads get really noisy when street driving, but are otherwise safe to get to and from the track so you can do all the pad swaps at home with cold brakes and tires. In fact, I kept them in the car for ~3 weeks between my track days just because I'm lazy to swap them back and forth.

Last edited by timurrrr; 10-30-2019 at 04:59 PM.
timurrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to timurrrr For This Useful Post:
CounterSpace Garage (10-29-2019), J1Avs (01-14-2020)
Old 10-29-2019, 03:37 PM   #60
CounterSpace Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by showrun View Post
I'm a skeptic by nature.
I don't believe things.
Religions. Astrology. Homeopathy. I believe none of that.

I also didn't believe that a $400 set of pads of unknown origin could be significantly better than something like the sub-$200 XP10.

I was wrong.
The CSG C1 are life-changing.

Today was my first HPDE on them. Stock car except for SX2 tires, pads, fluids and crash bolts.

This is the best braking I've ever experienced on track. It reminded me of the PFC pads I had on my C6. I actually wouldn't be surprised if the CSGs were made by PFC.

It's not just the lack of fade. The XP10s were fine there. It's the control, the modulation, the confidence.

I shaved 2 seconds off of my best time at my home track. And I was more consistent lap after lap than before (to be fair, this is not all thanks to the pads. I also experimented with tire pressures more than usual, and got good results)

I can't comment on how long they will last (yet). But unless they wear out in like 3 days, I am re-ordering.
Thank you for your honest feedback.

Quote:
I've been trying CSG Spec C1 front + Project Mu Club Racer rear (because C1 rears were out of stock) on my '17 PP BRZ lately, previously I've only tried the stock pads. Other than my BRZ with stock pads, I've previously tracked a few other cars with track pads.

With the CSG C1/PMu CR combo, the brakes feel very consistent and I didn't experience any fade on the track.
The level of friction is so much higher than stock pads that I spent a few laps just re-learning how to trail brake. It also took me a bit to re-learn how to use the brake pedal at AutoX (admittedly, this isn't a pad for autox, see laso below).
Honestly, I'd personally prefer slightly lower level of friction to have a bit more control, but maybe I just need more practice. Perhaps this level of performance makes more sense when using higher-grip tires (I'm on SX2s now).

The pads get really noisy when street driving, but are otherwise safe to get to and from the track so you can do all the pad swaps at home with cold brakes and tires. In fact, I kept them in the car for ~3 weeks between my track days just because I'm lazy to swap them back and forth.
The CSG C1 pad is actually much lower friction compared to most other sprint pads available on the market. The stiffness of the pad is significantly higher compared to a large majority of brake pads. SX2s require some finesse to work with. All performance pads will make noise on your Brembo system.
Old 10-29-2019, 03:47 PM   #61
timurrrr

Drives: 2022 GR86
Thanked 1,292 Times in 715 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Oh maybe it's indeed the stiffness of the pads that makes the control a bit too sensitive.

Yup, totally understandable that noise is unavoidable with any non-street pads with Brembos
timurrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 04:03 PM   #62
CounterSpace Garage

Quote:
Oh maybe it's indeed the stiffness of the pads that makes the control a bit too sensitive.

Yup, totally understandable that noise is unavoidable with any non-street pads with Brembos
Just a minor recalibration on what you're used to. OEM pads are not meant to be high performance track pads, which is a common misconception even on high end sports cars. Even proper street legal super cars need a good pad to perform on track despite having a large brake system and dual compound pads.
Old 01-14-2020, 03:35 PM   #63
J1Avs

Drives: 2018 BRZ tS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I'm currently running PMU Racing 999's on my 2018 BRZ tS with a JRSC and 200TW tires. Been having excellent results with the 999's, but thinking of moving up to the C1 or C2's this season. I'm solely doing HPDE and Trackcross Events. Would C1 or C2 be the more appropriate transition. From CSG's website, it sounds like C2, but everyone here is having great results with C1's. Curious if my extra power would require the C2's.

Great to hear these generate some less heat than the 999's. They made the white Brembo letters in my front calipers turn salmon/pink-colored! Right of passage I guess to separate me from all those pearly white letters I see running around.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
J1Avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 03:09 PM   #64
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,166 Times in 6,828 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by J1Avs View Post
I'm currently running PMU Racing 999's on my 2018 BRZ tS with a JRSC and 200TW tires. Been having excellent results with the 999's, but thinking of moving up to the C1 or C2's this season. I'm solely doing HPDE and Trackcross Events. Would C1 or C2 be the more appropriate transition. From CSG's website, it sounds like C2, but everyone here is having great results with C1's. Curious if my extra power would require the C2's.

Great to hear these generate some less heat than the 999's. They made the white Brembo letters in my front calipers turn salmon/pink-colored! Right of passage I guess to separate me from all those pearly white letters I see running around.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
It's more tire dependent than power dependent. If you can handle the 999 on the factory Brembos, you'll be just fine with both the C1 or C2, and may find the extra modulation quite welcome.

Maybe try the C1 first, and then try the C2 when you finish the C1.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
J1Avs (01-15-2020)
Old 01-15-2020, 03:21 PM   #65
J1Avs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
It's more tire dependent than power dependent. If you can handle the 999 on the factory Brembos, you'll be just fine with both the C1 or C2, and may find the extra modulation quite welcome.

Maybe try the C1 first, and then try the C2 when you finish the C1.
Thanks, Mike! I currently run Toyo R1R’s, but may be swapping to RS-4’s - haven’t decided yet though. C1 sounds like it should be great. Worth sticking with the PMU brake fluid, or swap to Winmax or RBF660?
Old 01-15-2020, 03:23 PM   #66
Jdmjunkie

Drives: Scion FR-S 10 Series
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
@CSG Mike

Are you going to get the CP street pads in sizes for the stock calipers?
Jdmjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 06:15 PM   #67
CSG Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1Avs View Post
Thanks, Mike! I currently run Toyo R1R’s, but may be swapping to RS-4’s - haven’t decided yet though. C1 sounds like it should be great. Worth sticking with the PMU brake fluid, or swap to Winmax or RBF660?
Any of the 3 will work!
The Following User Says Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
J1Avs (01-15-2020)
Old 01-15-2020, 06:15 PM   #68
CSG Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdmjunkie View Post
@CSG Mike

Are you going to get the CP street pads in sizes for the stock calipers?
I believe the CP pad is currently A90 exclusive.
Old 01-15-2020, 06:53 PM   #69
HachirocksU

Drives: Friggin Really Sweet
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I'm in an area where temperature dips to mid ~30-40F at night and wondering if C1 will work at the temperature? Thank you!
HachirocksU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 07:25 PM   #70
J1Avs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
Any of the 3 will work!
You rock - thanks, Mike!

Tags