follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 01-08-2017, 07:50 PM   #1
Phantobe

Drives: 14 Ultramarine FR-S
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Low Profile Polyurethane Front Lip FR-S

As the title reads, I know there are a bunch of threads already looking for lo-pro front lips. Most of these threads seem to point to the evasive downforce front lip...

Downforce FRP Front Lip

Which I really love, its just that is made of either FRP (fiberglass) or CF and I'm definitely looking to get some durability out of the lip I choose. A C7 owner at my work had a CF front lip and within a week I had seen he scuffed it up really bad (and then he just bought another one lol). FRP on the other hand I've seen stories about people shattering those...

Given that I scrape every now and again not really looking to spend $300 bucks on a lip that may not last me the entire year, but at the same time most of the polyurethane front lips look big and gaudy.

Anyways the only two lips I seem to like are in FRP or CF so I'm looking for some suggestions, but most that I have seen in PU are not low profile or simple and clean...

Stivo Chin Spoiler FRP Painted

The only PU I kinda like is the rep from Bayson R...but its not very low-profile. Looking for some solid suggestions or options

Bayson R

2014 Ultramarine Scion FR-S
2000 Integra LS - SOLD
Phantobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 02:29 PM   #2
Darkone

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cant help you but I will bump your thread with my own stupid comments...lol
I like that Bayson R ...I found it on ebay for like 86 bucks...I wonder if the fitment is good?
I suppose the downforce (based on its price around 250) is better fitment and quality.
Old 01-19-2017, 02:40 PM   #3
asdf
Loading...████████] 99%

Drives: #0517
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I have the downforce lip in cf and it has been holding up relatively well. Then again I drive pretty conservatively and very slowly around dips/speedbumps/potholes/driveways... although I suppose that's just out of habit.

I have scraped the lip a number of times, usually on the outside edges since that section hangs a tiny bit lower, but any scrapes are only underneath. I think if you hit something on the road or really just go hard up/down a driveway, any lip will not fare well.
asdf is offline   Reply With Quote