follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 01-17-2012, 04:24 AM   #29
Nerfie

Drives: Yaris SR 1.8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guff View Post
Lol, I think the chances of a key fob running put of charge is more likely than a key snapping in half, but nevertheless in your situation I suppose a keyless system would be better...
Just going to chime in here, what with all the Smart Entry/Start hate. I've been using it since 2007, on my Yaris, and I couldn't go back to the old way of using a key. When I have to use a key, for say, pool cars at work, it annoys the fuck outta me. Ever tried to open a car with both hands full with kit? Don't want to put the kit on the floor because it's raining/mucky? keyless entry makes it incredibly easy.

On another note, if the battery dies on your keyless fob, you can still get in, and start the car. There's a backup key hidden in the fob which will open the drivers door. From there, you simply need to put the fob next to the start button, which assuming that has power from the car battery, will pick up the immobiliser chip. You can then press the button and start the car and go find a battery.

Toyota's Smart Entry and Push Start is the best toy I've ever had on car, it's intelligent enough to know exactly where you're standing around the car... for example, If I was stood at the back of the car, no one can open the car at any door, other then the back. Same if I was stood on the passenger side, with the key fob, no one could open any other door.

Trust me, take a chance, and go with it if it's an option, you will not regret it.

It's not like the crude setup you see on those cheap American cars like that Dodge Challenger or Fords.
Nerfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:49 AM   #30
TheAsgard

Drives: sth. not as fast as my XJR1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerfie View Post
Just going to chime in here, what with all the Smart Entry/Start hate. I've been using it since 2007, on my Yaris, and I couldn't go back to the old way of using a key. When I have to use a key, for say, pool cars at work, it annoys the fuck outta me. Ever tried to open a car with both hands full with kit? Don't want to put the kit on the floor because it's raining/mucky? keyless entry makes it incredibly easy.

Trust me, take a chance, and go with it if it's an option, you will not regret it.
TheAsgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:55 AM   #31
Snoopyalien24
Mr. Sarcasm

Drives: 2016 VW Jetta TSI Sport 5-Speed
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
I like this keyless option, so what if one leaves car running, gets out to idk pick up something, does the car shut off or what happens?

Ive never really been in that situation, because ive never been ina car with keyless entry
Snoopyalien24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:55 AM   #32
zigzagz94
BRZerhood Lurker #13

Drives: 15 DGM BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rL-gT View Post
Anyone else gonna wait for it?

Ive got a strong feeling that they will release one in 1-2 years time with:
1. Push Button
2. Digital Hvac
3. LED Lights (unlikely)

Any other features you guys would like to see on the production model?
Don't care about any of these features so, if that's all a RS has, I won't wait and will definately save some cash. Now if there's a supercharger and the TRD body kit standard on the Release Series well that's a whole different story....
zigzagz94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:10 AM   #33
Kunzite

Drives: Toyota Auris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopyalien24 View Post
I like this keyless option, so what if one leaves car running, gets out to idk pick up something, does the car shut off or what happens?

Ive never really been in that situation, because ive never been ina car with keyless entry
No; the car will beep to warn you the key is not in range, and that's all.
Kunzite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:19 AM   #34
dabocx

Drives: Scion FRS
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
A car loaded with all the TRD goodies from the lip kit to the brakes and suspension setup would be nice. Maybe a special color and id be happy.

Though i dont think i could wait that long >_>
dabocx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:32 AM   #35
tripjammer

Drives: WRB BRZ limited 6MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerfie View Post

On another note, if the battery dies on your keyless fob, you can still get in, and start the car. There's a backup key hidden in the fob which will open the drivers door. From there, you simply need to put the fob next to the start button, which assuming that has power from the car battery, will pick up the immobiliser chip. You can then press the button and start the car and go find a battery.

Toyota's Smart Entry and Push Start is the best toy I've ever had on car, it's intelligent enough to know exactly where you're standing around the car... for example, If I was stood at the back of the car, no one can open the car at any door, other then the back. Same if I was stood on the passenger side, with the key fob, no one could open any other door.

It's not like the crude setup you see on those cheap American cars like that Dodge Challenger or Fords.
Thanks! That is what I am talking about convenience! And it is a simple device that does not really add to the price of the car. Its amazing that Scion is going to leave it out.

Hopefully an option it will be....along with the HIDS.
tripjammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:37 AM   #36
dabocx

Drives: Scion FRS
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Yep i really want it. My moms sonata has it and its great and quite smart. Wont turn on the car unless its on the drivers side. If you try and throw the key in the back or the passanger seat it wont turn on. The farthest you can put it is the center cup holders. Its so handy when your hands are full
dabocx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:08 PM   #37
Dark
Elite Padawan

Drives: '15 WRX, 15 GLA250, and 2 feet
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabocx View Post
Yep i really want it. My moms sonata has it and its great and quite smart. Wont turn on the car unless its on the drivers side. If you try and throw the key in the back or the passanger seat it wont turn on. The farthest you can put it is the center cup holders. Its so handy when your hands are full
Not true for my IS. As long as the key is in the car, you can push start it.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:33 PM   #38
Guff
Now w/ over 400 womprats!

Drives: BRZ LZR
Thanked 3,420 Times in 1,424 Posts
Mentioned: 301 Post(s)
Garage
Well, I'm getting a BRZ so I suppose I will have push start...
Guff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:05 PM   #39
Dark
Elite Padawan

Drives: '15 WRX, 15 GLA250, and 2 feet
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guff View Post
Well, I'm getting a BRZ so I suppose I will have push start...
I think Push Start comes standard in Limited model only.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:24 PM   #40
tripjammer

Drives: WRB BRZ limited 6MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark View Post
I think Push Start comes standard in Limited model only.
Yep only on the Limited...the Premium model is basically a FR-S with HIDS.
tripjammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:44 PM   #41
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Drives: Attitude
Thanked 4,889 Times in 2,902 Posts
Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
We've "confirmed" the FR-S does not include LED running lights, right? Where are y'all getting the no HIDs info from? Forgive me if I'm being obtuse...
OrbitalEllipses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:58 PM   #42
Blaster

Drives: 2007 VW GTI
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
HID headlights is all I really care for.
Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote