follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 07:46 PM   #113
vtmike

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I've noticed I get more attention from tc drivers than anyone else while driving my frs. I've found it curious since I personally wasn't cross shopping a tc while purchasing my frs. Makes me wonder if the car was badged a Toyota 86 here in the states if these same people would show the same interest.

Never quite understood the appeal of the tc as a sporty car. The civic si with its awesome k20 and superior chassis is so much better of a sports car. Not to mention the gti.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to vtmike For This Useful Post:
KO7 (10-14-2012)
Old 10-13-2012, 08:02 PM   #114
einzlr

Drives: several
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxgoose View Post
hey, mini coopers are more fun than you might think. minimal torque steer thanks to BMW technology.

course, gonna be trading mine for an FRS/BRZ very soon (just need to get $2500 more together)
+1
They're very ftw at autox and fabulous (and fun!) in the snow.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF_ZYQoOJik"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF_ZYQoOJik[/ame]
Old 10-13-2012, 10:08 PM   #115
wrxgoose
WUB WUB

Drives: 2013 Firestorm
Thanked 1,573 Times in 858 Posts
Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by einzlr View Post
+1
They're very ftw at autox and fabulous (and fun!) in the snow.

yeah they are. very nimble (thank you short wheelbase!) and the only problem i ever had in the snow was when i got to a stoplight that was on a hill. (unfortunately, there's more around here than there should be)

edit: he's having a hell of a fun time in that vid. so many people underestimate how fun minis are to drive
Old 10-14-2012, 12:48 AM   #116
mrwiggles

Drives: Hot Lava FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Comparison threads always crack me up. The fact of the matter is, every single car on the street has people who are haters/jelly of it. Even random cars like minivans.

I overheard some older lady who saw a minivan she wanted and was totally butthurt that she couldn't have it, so she started hating on the occupants of said minivan to the people she was with.

I bought my car because I like it. My attitude is, if you don't like it,
Old 10-14-2012, 03:03 PM   #117
itisthumper

Drives: WRB BRZ MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
The fact that the FRS/86/BRZ is even associated (and mentioned) with the TC turns me off
Old 10-14-2012, 03:19 PM   #118
Craig

Drives: Asphalt FRS
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
My ex girlfriend drives a TC, in silver. We still chat from time to time, when I told her I got a Scion FR-S in dark gray (she wouldn't know color codes), she made it a point to say "I see you're copying me."

When she saw the car, she asked what happened to my scion..so I believe I've won.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Craig For This Useful Post:
boonFRS (01-13-2013), Turbowned (10-21-2012)
Old 10-14-2012, 03:51 PM   #119
ahausheer
Re-member

Drives: Toyota camry
I test drove the TC and I found I really loved it. Its not a sports car by any means and I think people are mislead by the marketing of it, they are fooled into thinking its sporty which perhaps may lead to the jelly? I really liked the hatchback and resultant massive cargo area, the surprisingly useable back seat and the large moon roof is nice. The steering wheel is the best I've ever felt, better than the FR-S, and the flat-ish dash and simple layout are nice.

If the FR-S ends-up being out of my price range the TC is my second choice. And yes I will be jealous as hell at the rest of you!!!
Old 10-14-2012, 04:20 PM   #120
fatoni

Drives: miata, mazdaspeed protege, ls430
Thanked 1,442 Times in 787 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtmike View Post
I've noticed I get more attention from tc drivers than anyone else while driving my frs. I've found it curious since I personally wasn't cross shopping a tc while purchasing my frs. Makes me wonder if the car was badged a Toyota 86 here in the states if these same people would show the same interest.

Never quite understood the appeal of the tc as a sporty car. The civic si with its awesome k20 and superior chassis is so much better of a sports car. Not to mention the gti.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
well the tc takes to boost really well for a car that pedestrian. also there is price. there are a lot of reasons to like the tc over those cars mentioned...largely price though
Quote:
Originally Posted by itisthumper View Post
The fact that the FRS/86/BRZ is even associated (and mentioned) with the TC turns me off
just grow up and stop caring about being offended by other people values. do you think cayman owners like this forum going on and on about the comparisons. probably not, and they are douche bags. dont be a douche bag
Old 10-14-2012, 04:28 PM   #121
Tanuki
Turtle Factory

Drives: Mint M3
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
What has been sacrificed in the name of performance to make the TC a sports car? Has anyone seen a local TC on a road course, or only sponsored/ built ones? How are they in autocross? NASA events?
Old 10-14-2012, 04:50 PM   #122
fatoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanuki View Post
What has been sacrificed in the name of performance to make the TC a sports car? Has anyone seen a local TC on a road course, or only sponsored/ built ones? How are they in autocross? NASA events?
I was confused by how well they did on a road course. Nothing amazing but I think they take to mods well and that goes a long way
Old 10-14-2012, 05:16 PM   #123
ozzykhan16

Drives: S2000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Don't judge the car. People driving all sorts of cars can be douche's. I have an s2000, and a dude in an FR-S was trying to race me on a busy street. Should I judge FR-S drivers based on this? A case can be made for practically any car including s2000 owners. Kids driving their parents Camry will drive them hard and stupid.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ozzykhan16 For This Useful Post:
einzlr (10-14-2012), YourFearlessLeader (10-14-2012)
Old 10-14-2012, 06:04 PM   #124
itisthumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatoni View Post
just grow up and stop caring about being offended by other people values. do you think cayman owners like this forum going on and on about the comparisons. probably not, and they are douche bags. dont be a douche bag
I never said I was offended; I said it was a turn off and takes away the purist image of the car. Do I go around trashing TCs? Nope. It's an opinion that I have developed.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:58 PM   #125
fatoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisthumper View Post
I never said I was offended; I said it was a turn off and takes away the purist image of the car. Do I go around trashing TCs? Nope. It's an opinion that I have developed.
when i said offended i meant that you were reacting negatively to another persons values. thats all. if you cared at all about image, this isnt the car to begin with. its not faster than anything really so it already has a stupid image. the way some one with a tc feels about your car shouldnt change the way you feel about your car. you can care about being pure or you can care about image but those are mutually exclusive. you dont get both.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:12 PM   #126
itisthumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatoni View Post
when i said offended i meant that you were reacting negatively to another persons values. thats all. if you cared at all about image, this isnt the car to begin with. its not faster than anything really so it already has a stupid image. the way some one with a tc feels about your car shouldnt change the way you feel about your car. you can care about being pure or you can care about image but those are mutually exclusive. you dont get both.
I also never said I react negatively to how TC drivers feel about my car. I really dont care about that. Once again, I said I am turned off being grouped into the same category of drivers(different from TC drivers' opinions). So I guess you can say Im offended by the people who group these cars together. And yes I do care about the image; I obviously embrace the image of being a slow straight line car with great handling characteristics.

Closed Thread