follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

AUSTRALIA Australia and New Zealand

User Tag List

Old 06-22-2012, 08:29 AM   #15
FT-86GOD
Senior Rocket Bunny

Drives: 1982 XX KE70
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0nty View Post
I would too if I'm honest. The car doesn't deserve discounts but good on you for getting a deal.

Im not arguing if it does or does not deserve discount.... Im saying Melville Toyota are charging more than RRP to unsuspecting customers which is illegal!!!!!......
FT-86GOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:37 AM   #16
m0nty

Drives: 86 GT
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT-86GOD View Post
Im not arguing if it does or does not deserve discount.... Im saying Melville Toyota are charging more than RRP to unsuspecting customers which is illegal!!!!!......
Its not illegal. Its a recommended retail price after all. There may be something in the franchise agreement with Toyota that says they can't charge more than X, but there's nothing illegal about it.
m0nty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:53 AM   #17
FT-86GOD
Senior Rocket Bunny

Quote:
Its not illegal. Its a recommended retail price after all. There may be something in the franchise agreement with Toyota that says they can't charge more than X, but there's nothing illegal about it.
Whatever.... Im not even gonna bother arguing this with u......

Last edited by FT-86GOD; 06-22-2012 at 09:23 AM.
FT-86GOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:57 AM   #18
Gir

Drives: 86 GT Manual - Sonic Blue
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
It is illegal to sell a product higher then RRP in Australia. If you try to do a quick price rise on a product, you have to get it approved by the ACCC.
Gir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:30 AM   #19
Nostalgia1987

Drives: Subi
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Lol I went to Melville Toyota today. Seemed an ok place. However while Scarborough Toyota said a June 2013 wait on the vehicle Melville said December 2012.. Wtf getting a bit confused here.
Nostalgia1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:38 AM   #20
newft86

Drives: 86 Every Chance I get!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgia1987 View Post
Lol I went to Melville Toyota today. Seemed an ok place. However while Scarborough Toyota said a June 2013 wait on the vehicle Melville said December 2012.. Wtf getting a bit confused here.
We dealers are starting to be more cautious about the expected delivery times as the last thing we want is a repeat of earlier this month when one day it was all good then a few hours later the production dates all got pushed back without warning - thank heavens for our outstanding Stock Controller otherwise we wouldn't have even known about it. Anyway, the build system still says September Build for October delivery 2012, however, after the previous production shift we're just not precisely 100% certain about the actual production/delivery month for fresh orders at the moment.

Once we receive an update from TMCA (East Coast Distributor) we'll hopefully have a more accurate idea but until then we're being over-cautious.
newft86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to newft86 For This Useful Post:
Nostalgia1987 (06-22-2012)
Old 06-22-2012, 11:47 AM   #21
Nostalgia1987

Drives: Subi
Really appreciate the insight there. We need more people as yourself over here on the west coast also!
Nostalgia1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:59 PM   #22
primetime

Drives: Shiro White 370Z
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Many thanks also to newft86 for the insight.

Although it seems to be that a June 2013 delivery seems waaayyy off for nostalgia1987.
primetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:40 AM   #23
m0nty

Drives: 86 GT
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gir View Post
It is illegal to sell a product higher then RRP in Australia. If you try to do a quick price rise on a product, you have to get it approved by the ACCC.
That's why we have dealer delivery. It's at the discretion of the dealer, unless part of the franchise agreement. Dealer delivery is not bound by law.
m0nty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:21 AM   #24
Z86

Drives: 86 GTS Auto in Pegasus White
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT-86GOD View Post

MELVILLE TOYOTA W.A... U HAVE BEEN WARNED!!! WORST IN W.A... DO NOT GO HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I want to necro this thread (is 10 days a necro?). I didn't want to post sooner as I felt like I'd jinx myself.

I want to back up how bad my experience at Melville Toyota was. I preordered with them at the start of May. I was very specific about wanting early delivery and asked if I'd get one in the first batch - and was clear that I'm happy to shop around to get one early (at the time, the east coast dealers had July delivery cars available). They told me they could do that - but I'd have to have a manual GTS, I couldn't have an Auto.
I proceeded to follow them up 3 times between ordering and the date the pricing was released, and was again assured I was getting a car in July.
Once pricing was released I asked how far away my car was - it was June so if the car was coming in July it must be scheduled for production - and heaps of you guys had tracking numbers (which we don't get in WA). The next day I get a call the I'll have a car in Sept/Oct.
Not only did I feel like they told me what I wanted to get me to sign up, they misled me many times when I enquired... and when they finally told me how long the wait was going to be, they tried to tell me that they didn't say July. Well they certainly didn't say anything to make me think the wait would be so long. To their credit, they did offer to let me out of the contract.
Z86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Z86 For This Useful Post:
sticky (07-05-2012)
Old 07-05-2012, 02:30 AM   #25
Z86

Drives: 86 GTS Auto in Pegasus White
On the positive side - Great Southern Toyota (in Katanning)!
These guys went above and beyond (Wes Bond was the sales manager I dealt with).

Great communication - Even sent me photos of the car after they prepped it even though I was picking it up the next day. Was really a great buying experience given it was all over the phone/email.

Not only did they have a car for me (which to be honest was pure luck that I logged onto carsales when I did), they offered to either deliver it to Perth - or I could pick it up from Katanning (3 hours south). I decided to pick it up - would be a great first drive to start the run in process.

They then organised a car for me to drive to Katanning (one they had sitting in Perth - I'm guessing they bought wholesale - it was only a couple of years old), and said if it needs fuel, fill it up and we'll reimburse you.

Really were great - they have a couple of cars due soon that are not sold - because Toyota is just allocating random cars out, so if you are on a long queue in WA, give Wes a call (08)98217100.
Z86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:08 AM   #26
FT-86GOD
Senior Rocket Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z86 View Post
I want to necro this thread (is 10 days a necro?). I didn't want to post sooner as I felt like I'd jinx myself.

I want to back up how bad my experience at Melville Toyota was. I preordered with them at the start of May. I was very specific about wanting early delivery and asked if I'd get one in the first batch - and was clear that I'm happy to shop around to get one early (at the time, the east coast dealers had July delivery cars available). They told me they could do that - but I'd have to have a manual GTS, I couldn't have an Auto.
I proceeded to follow them up 3 times between ordering and the date the pricing was released, and was again assured I was getting a car in July.
Once pricing was released I asked how far away my car was - it was June so if the car was coming in July it must be scheduled for production - and heaps of you guys had tracking numbers (which we don't get in WA). The next day I get a call the I'll have a car in Sept/Oct.
Not only did I feel like they told me what I wanted to get me to sign up, they misled me many times when I enquired... and when they finally told me how long the wait was going to be, they tried to tell me that they didn't say July. Well they certainly didn't say anything to make me think the wait would be so long. To their credit, they did offer to let me out of the contract.

MELVILLLE TOYOTA.... OW WHAT A FEELING....... IN THE ASS

Not surprised at all.............. Who did u deal with from Melville btw? Pays to shop around boys, or just avoid Melville..............
Old 07-05-2012, 09:26 AM   #27
pr0j

Drives: 2010 Forester X
Name of Dealer and Location: Llewellyn Toyota Ipswich (Robbie)
86 Spec: white auto gts and orange manual gt
Date Ordered:
Approx. Delivery Date:
Approx. Waiting Time:
Dealer Delivery Charge:
Total Price: not telling, but very good
Customer Service Rating: 9
Comments: Really nice dude, was a bit of a wait to see him as he was flat out the day I went down there, but it's a good sign if he's in demand. Genuinely excited about the car, and ready to help in whatever way he can to get you into it. Still waiting on that call from the finance dept, mate ;P
pr0j is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pr0j For This Useful Post:
sticky (07-05-2012)
Old 07-05-2012, 06:55 PM   #28
Gir

Drives: 86 GT Manual - Sonic Blue
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
That's why we have dealer delivery. It's at the discretion of the dealer, unless part of the franchise agreement. Dealer delivery is not bound by law.
It is if the website advertises a maximum dealer delivery charge. Basically it's illegal to exceed the advertised price of a product.
Gir is offline   Reply With Quote