follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 08-04-2016, 06:28 PM   #57
kuczynskika

Drives: Harrop TVS86 STi BRZ tS
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bfranklyn86 View Post
Yup I'm a victim of this too - my install has been delayed twice. New install date is the 20th.
Ugh, bummer! BTW I will add you to the owners list as well. Exciting that several of us are installing this kit concurrently!
kuczynskika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 03:23 PM   #58
Bfranklyn86

Drives: GT86 Harrop S/C
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodename47 View Post
It's not the peak whp that's the issue. Also, go based off info from Mark and the well quoted info from @Matt@Cosworth.... 270 peak who is not an issue.
Haha, must seem like I'm asking everyone the same question until I get the answer I want.....

I will speak to Mark about it. But there seems to be a decent amount of expertise/experience on this forum too. An extra 20whp without loading extra stresses on the stock internals is quite tempting. Probably fails the HP vs £££ test, but would save some weight too.

Just after opinions. I know that ultimately there are no safety gaurentees and that's what comes with the aftermarket world I'm getting myself in to.
Bfranklyn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 03:51 PM   #59
Bfranklyn86

Drives: GT86 Harrop S/C
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczynskika View Post
Ugh, bummer! BTW I will add you to the owners list as well. Exciting that several of us are installing this kit concurrently!
Yeh it is. Not that I've been to any car meets, but it seems like there is a novelty factor with this kit which I wasn't aware of when I got it.
Bfranklyn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 04:41 PM   #60
Kodename47

Drives: UK GT86
Thanked 1,629 Times in 1,112 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bfranklyn86 View Post
Yeh it is. Not that I've been to any car meets, but it seems like there is a novelty factor with this kit which I wasn't aware of when I got it.
It's more common here than in the US, which is unusual. Abbey seem to have sold well with them, I guess the Edelbrock seems the obvious TVS1320 choice if you're in the States, CARB tune and no need to import. We don't have much of a choice about importing and the E-Force has yet to make it to our shores AFAIK. I was considering the Edelbrock for that reason.

Kodename 47 DJ:
Soundcloud / Instagram / Facebook
Kodename47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 09:35 PM   #61
Pyrium

Drives: Raven 2016 FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodename47 View Post
It's more common here than in the US, which is unusual. Abbey seem to have sold well with them, I guess the Edelbrock seems the obvious TVS1320 choice if you're in the States, CARB tune and no need to import. We don't have much of a choice about importing and the E-Force has yet to make it to our shores AFAIK. I was considering the Edelbrock for that reason.
I stumbled on this kit and I love how the cooling is built into intake manifold. I am planning on buying all of my parts to do one giant build in a few years after my warranty goes out. I like this, the Edelbrock, and the Cosworth. I want to learn more about this kit.
Pyrium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:41 AM   #62
kuczynskika

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrium View Post
I stumbled on this kit and I love how the cooling is built into intake manifold. I am planning on buying all of my parts to do one giant build in a few years after my warranty goes out. I like this, the Edelbrock, and the Cosworth. I want to learn more about this kit.
If warranty is what you are worried about do the Edelbrock. 30000 mile powertrain warranty.
The Following User Says Thank You to kuczynskika For This Useful Post:
Pyrium (08-08-2016)
Old 08-08-2016, 07:01 AM   #63
Pyrium

Drives: Raven 2016 FR-S
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczynskika View Post
If warranty is what you are worried about do the Edelbrock. 30000 mile powertrain warranty.
I am going to keep the car stock until the warranty is up. I want my Son to be old enough to build it with me.
Pyrium is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pyrium For This Useful Post:
CxG (01-05-2018), funwheeldrive (08-08-2016)
Old 08-09-2016, 06:11 AM   #64
O86O86

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS
Hi Guys long time lurker on forums. My car is booked in with Harrop on the 29th to get the kit installed and with the oil cooler. Can't Wait!
O86O86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to O86O86 For This Useful Post:
Irace86 (08-13-2016), kuczynskika (08-09-2016), Vulcan (08-13-2016)
Old 08-09-2016, 06:16 AM   #65
Vulcan

Drives: GTS86
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by O86O86 View Post
Hi Guys long time lurker on forums. My car is booked in with Harrop on the 29th to get the kit installed and with the oil cooler. Can't Wait!

Congrats Mate, you will love it.
What size pulley you going with?

Haha, just realised, I'm dropping mine off on the 29th as well for some MCA coilovers!
Vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 06:34 AM   #66
O86O86

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
Congrats Mate, you will love it.
What size pulley you going with?

Haha, just realised, I'm dropping mine off on the 29th as well for some MCA coilovers!

At this stage the std 95mm, looking at your numbers you seem to have pick up some more torque going with the 90mm, might ask them about that

What MCA are you getting? I have had blues for 7 months now with my daily , no issues
O86O86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 06:56 AM   #67
Vulcan

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by O86O86 View Post
At this stage the std 95mm, looking at your numbers you seem to have pick up some more torque going with the 90mm, might ask them about that

What MCA are you getting? I have had blues for 7 months now with my daily , no issues

I am getting the X series (X-C), the extra comfort ones. I currently have a set of Pedders eXtreme reds but the dampening is too hard for me. The slightest lump in the road almost knocks the fillings out of my teeth.
Old 08-12-2016, 04:10 PM   #68
The Racers Line

Drives: FRS, Supra, Colorado D, GLC63
Thanked 1,515 Times in 532 Posts
Mentioned: 111 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Hey guys, just wanted to make a more formal announcement, for people interested in Harrop products.

We are very excited to announce The Racers Line is the newest US dealer for Harrop Performance Products. @kuczynskika has already ordered his supercharger kit through the shop, and will be coming here for the install in the near future. My goal is to help bridge the "out of reach" feeling people have about buying from out of the US. TRL will be stocking Harrop products. Their supercharger, engine oil coolers and diff covers will be available on site in the coming months, but are on our website for immediate order now.

The advantage of purchasing Harrop products through TRL, other then very personalized customer service and product experience, but also reduced shipping costs, and installation packages for locals.

Lastly the testing Harrop has done with their supercharger and oil cooler kits, have shown the ability to withstand terribly high Australian track temps. Our most popular Northern California track is also known for some of the highest temps around, which makes the Harrop kit extremely appealing to track focussed individuals. There is a strong possibility a Harrop SC will be installed on the shop track car and tested heavily, so I look forward to being on the owners list soon as well!

Feel free to PM, Email, or Call for any questions or comments!

The Racers Line is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Racers Line For This Useful Post:
Irace86 (08-13-2016), kuczynskika (08-12-2016), Vulcan (08-13-2016)
Old 08-12-2016, 04:24 PM   #69
kuczynskika

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Racers Line View Post
Hey guys, just wanted to make a more formal announcement, for people interested in Harrop products.

We are very excited to announce The Racers Line is the newest US dealer for Harrop Performance Products. @kuczynskika has already ordered his supercharger kit through the shop, and will be coming here for the install in the near future. My goal is to help bridge the "out of reach" feeling people have about buying from out of the US. TRL will be stocking Harrop products. Their supercharger, engine oil coolers and diff covers will be available on site in the coming months, but are on our website for immediate order now.

The advantage of purchasing Harrop products through TRL, other then very personalized customer service and product experience, but also reduced shipping costs, and installation packages for locals.

Lastly the testing Harrop has done with their supercharger and oil cooler kits, have shown the ability to withstand terribly high Australian track temps. Our most popular Northern California track is also known for some of the highest temps around, which makes the Harrop kit extremely appealing to track focussed individuals. There is a strong possibility a Harrop SC will be installed on the shop track car and tested heavily, so I look forward to being on the owners list soon as well!

Feel free to PM, Email, or Call for any questions or comments!

Now this is news! Awesome to hear that you will be stocking these products and even more awesome to hear you'll potentially be doing some testing on the SC! Good stuff Neal!
The Following User Says Thank You to kuczynskika For This Useful Post:
The Racers Line (08-12-2016)
Old 08-13-2016, 07:44 AM   #70
Vulcan

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Racers Line View Post
@kuczynskika has already ordered his supercharger kit through the shop, and will be coming here for the install in the near future.

kuczynskika, I hope the "near future" is soon mate, the suspense must be killing you!