follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 11-08-2013, 05:57 AM   #701
pixel67

Drives: 13 Asphalt FRS AT
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admired View Post
What is the current delivery time for the turbo kit? I ordered it on Oct 14 and was curious of the wait time.
8 to 12 weeks approximately depending on options. UEL header takes longer

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Old 11-08-2013, 09:50 AM   #702
bgibbsunc

Drives: Firestorm Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
ughhh is this thread really going to turn to disgruntled consumers like most on ft86club. come on guys nobody wants to read pages of this when trying to find information abou this kit. No offense but create a thread and bitch over there.

FA20 club 60 trim + flex fuel
467 whp 356 ft lbs @ 19 lbs
Owner of Sidewinders Auto LLC.
San Antonio TX
bgibbsunc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bgibbsunc For This Useful Post:
pixel67 (11-08-2013)
Old 11-08-2013, 10:28 AM   #703
ecko04
Seems Legit

Drives: Toyota
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
FA20Club Turbo Kit Owners Topic

Well this is an owners thread and they've paid so they're owners...

I prefer prospective buyers see this thread and pickup on the positives (satisfied owners) and negatives (wait times).

Going back to the beginning of this thread all the comments were about wait times. I don't see why it's logical that it would change. It's as if some receive their kits and suddenly don't want to read about the wait times others are experiencing because they have theirs.

There was more than a couple of posts at the beginning of the thread where people received incomplete packages or items that did not fit. This issue reappeared later in the thread as well.

I think people should see this and as a owner, I don't mind reading about issues others are having and offering a hand if at all possible. I understand their frustration because it's something I've gone through myself.

When a prospective customer asks about the wait, I won't mince words, it'll take awhile. If you're not willing to wait then this isn't the system for you. They're short staffed and you might receive incorrect parts. Hell, I received @Ny Brz's red powder coated turbo before he did because it was mis-shipped to me. Communication may be sparse, emails may go unread, text messages may go un-replied but you can call, and it's your best bet for a response. These are mistakes and hopefully they won't happen in the future. However, once you're up and running it'll be well worth it but you may have to deal with a little bit before getting there.

There's also FA20Club review threads for detailed reviews for prospective buyers.

Last edited by ecko04; 11-08-2013 at 10:45 AM.
ecko04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:48 PM   #704
Ny Brz
Hella Flush

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko04 View Post
Well this is an owners thread and they've paid so they're owners...

I prefer prospective buyers see this thread and pickup on the positives (satisfied owners) and negatives (wait times).

Going back to the beginning of this thread all the comments were about wait times. I don't see why it's logical that it would change. It's as if some receive their kits and suddenly don't want to read about the wait times others are experiencing because they have theirs.

There was more than a couple of posts at the beginning of the thread where people received incomplete packages or items that did not fit. This issue reappeared later in the thread as well.

I think people should see this and as a owner, I don't mind reading about issues others are having and offering a hand if at all possible. I understand their frustration because it's something I've gone through myself.

When a prospective customer asks about the wait, I won't mince words, it'll take awhile. If you're not willing to wait then this isn't the system for you. They're short staffed and you might receive incorrect parts. Hell, I received @Ny Brz's red powder coated turbo before he did because it was mis-shipped to me. Communication may be sparse, emails may go unread, text messages may go un-replied but you can call, and it's your best bet for a response. These are mistakes and hopefully they won't happen in the future. However, once you're up and running it'll be well worth it but you may have to deal with a little bit before getting there.

There's also FA20Club review threads for detailed reviews for prospective buyers.
Hahhaha....wonder if u received ally other parts also. People should be expected for wait times with a local shop that fab their kits. I think what gets most people upset is when they say they have sent something out and they haven't or mis-shipped something
Old 11-08-2013, 08:07 PM   #705
Frs300

Drives: Pile of junk
Mentioned: 232 Post(s)
Frs300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 04:40 AM   #706
natedogg86

Drives: 2013 Toyota 86 GT 6M
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Hey guys, bit of an update, I received one of the 3 boxes that mine was shipped in. Toni sent it last Friday and it arrived a week later (yes even via international shipping, it only took a week) and it included the turbo, catted downpipe, wastegate, bov, random hoses and clamps and intake air filter.

Now the downsides, I am still yet to receive the headers, tapped oil pan, intercooler and piping. I was informed by Andy these were sent about 4 weeks ago in 2 seperate boxes however, the 3rd box is the only one I have received to date. I should note, I had tracking on the 3rd box via Fedex but multiple emails to Andy and Toni to get tracking for the other 2 boxes has provided no responses yet. I think I will call the office next week.

So progress is being made and I hope the headers and/or intercooler turns up in the next fortnight so I can start work on the crash beam or recirculating the wastegate to the dump (as I didn't request Toni to provide fabbed parts for this, right now it just dumps to atmosphere).

Btw, the quality of the fabbed downpipe and cat is top notch and am very impressed. It has been a long wait but its also been worth it.

Can't wait to finish :-)
natedogg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to natedogg86 For This Useful Post:
Ny Brz (11-09-2013)
Old 11-09-2013, 11:27 AM   #707
Ny Brz
Hella Flush

@Frs300 what's going on bro, how u holding up.

I do believe if you have purchased this kit you should have a right to express your opinion on this thread whether positive or negative, hell that's 3k plus we just spent on something. As a business owner I pride myself in making sure all consumers taken care of even if that means pointing the consumer in a different direction, consumers do appreciate honesty more than anything and come back to you for other services in the future.

Nobody here has knocked the quality of their work and usually says it was worth the wait but if you end up waiting 5-6 months for a kit that is a bit ridiculous. I really wished I could have sat down with Toni at Sema and tried to help him with management on how assess and control his services, but after a couple of back and forth with Andy the trail went cold. Either way I had a blast at Sema and made great contacts.

Either way I do wish everyone the best of luck with their build.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:40 PM   #708
tg_1981

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Hey just wanting to know people oil & coolant temps with this kit. Please list if you have an oil cooler or radiator or any other mods that would help keep the the temps down.
Koyo radiator & perrin oil cooler 60 trim turbo
Highest Oil temp 232F
Average 215F
Highest Coolant temp 215F
Average 197F
tg_1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:17 PM   #709
clayrush

Drives: FRS,09 370z, 00 CelicaGT-S, 85 300Z
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmccut View Post
Super confusing statement ^^.

I still have the same gt28. With the stock block I was somewhere in the low 200s (bad tunes) on 91 @ 7psi. A decent E85 tune @ 7psi made 293whp.

I went for FullBlown's built block w/ lower compression pistons so we could safely shove more boost. 353/275 @ 16psi were the numbers I saw on 91.

It's true the stock clutch can't handle that power. I've had both the exedy stage 1 and CM FX300 which have no issues with these power levels. The automatic trans is certainly fine at these power levels as well.
I saw yer car at 374hp at works. Did it not hold it?
clayrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 11:48 PM   #710
pmccut

Drives: Blue Subarus
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by clayrush View Post
I saw yer car at 374hp at works. Did it not hold it?
It had the fx300 on at that time. Then I switched to there exedy on the same tune. It seemed to hold that fine. We saw low 300s wtq for the very best runs.

I'm on that clutch now..still getting used to it.

</off topic>

@Frs300 can't wait to see your car finally tuned.
Old 11-10-2013, 11:40 AM   #711
clayrush

Drives: FRS,09 370z, 00 CelicaGT-S, 85 300Z
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmccut View Post
It had the fx300 on at that time. Then I switched to there exedy on the same tune. It seemed to hold that fine. We saw low 300s wtq for the very best runs.

I'm on that clutch now..still getting used to it.

</off topic>

@Frs300 can't wait to see your car finally tuned.
Woops. I meant if the tune continued making that power before you sent the car to full blown. Not if the clutch held it.
clayrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:44 PM   #712
FAER
Banned

Drives: Silver BRZ
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixel67 View Post
8 to 12 weeks approximately depending on options. UEL header takes longer

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
I ordered June 17th and still do not have my parts...
FAER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:47 PM   #713
Ny Brz
Hella Flush

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAER View Post
I ordered June 17th and still do not have my parts...
Wow.....what are you missing?
Old 11-11-2013, 04:51 PM   #714
SmsAlSuwaidi
Boosted

Drives: Not a supra....yet
Thanked 1,203 Times in 812 Posts
Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Going to pick up the car right now I'll have a video posted of the UEL + q300 as soon as I arrive, then I'll go back home and slap my buddy club spec II on it and get another for you guys hopefully
SmsAlSuwaidi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0-60 in 22million sec, beam, best of all, doyen done done it again!, fa20club header, fa20club.com, fa20crap, fa20crud.com, frs turbo kit, i like turbos, turbo frs, turbo kit, turbocharged brz, visconti 2.0?, welding4noobs, www.p&lclub.com, you'llneedamuletoride