follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 02-03-2016, 09:48 PM   #309
NissanGuy

Drives: Strangely.
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
Whatever came of this?
Could not verify complaint. Also, they damaged the paint, soiled the interior, tried to void all kinds of warranties, lied about doing their diagnosis, and didn't change the oil.

So, avoid Toyota of Marin?

I'll find a new dealer in a few thousand miles once it gets incredibly bad.
Old 02-04-2016, 12:12 AM   #310
Lonewolf

Drives: Moped
Thanked 2,128 Times in 1,193 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanGuy View Post
Could not verify complaint. Also, they damaged the paint, soiled the interior, tried to void all kinds of warranties, lied about doing their diagnosis, and didn't change the oil.

So, avoid Toyota of Marin?

I'll find a new dealer in a few thousand miles once it gets incredibly bad.
Wow, what great service, lol! I hope you panned them on the survey afterwards.

That dealer sounds like a nightmare and should be reported to Toyota or at least Yelp.
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 08:16 PM   #311
Reedarobinson

Drives: 2014 Scion FRS MONOGRAM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Coolant Loss, Coolant Smell

Hello, new to this site. My 2014 Monogram with 8500 miles has been slowly losing coolant since I bought it new. Coolant smell is obvious just getting out of the car after the vehicle has been driven and warms up I have requested that it be looked over during the last two Toyata service intervals. Allegedly no trace of a leak was found and they topped off the reservoir as I have done numerous times.
Rarely drive the car, but with summer almost here in League City Texas I took it into the local dealer and told them that I did not want the vehicle back until it was repaired. Three days later, no word on what he the issue is. I have seen numerous other postings regarding this same issue. However I have never seen a post with a final resolution to this problem. If anyone has the answer please let me know. This dealer has already NPF'ed four of my other obvious complainints.
Thanks
Reedarobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 08:34 PM   #312
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedarobinson View Post
Hello, new to this site. My 2014 Monogram with 8500 miles has been slowly losing coolant since I bought it new. Coolant smell is obvious just getting out of the car after the vehicle has been driven and warms up I have requested that it be looked over during the last two Toyata service intervals. Allegedly no trace of a leak was found and they topped off the reservoir as I have done numerous times.
Rarely drive the car, but with summer almost here in League City Texas I took it into the local dealer and told them that I did not want the vehicle back until it was repaired. Three days later, no word on what he the issue is. I have seen numerous other postings regarding this same issue. However I have never seen a post with a final resolution to this problem. If anyone has the answer please let me know. This dealer has already NPF'ed four of my other obvious complainints.
Thanks

I think people found using hose clamps and not the "spring type" clamps used stock and aftermarket radiator hoses completely dropped the amount of coolant loss. If the dealer refuses to look into it go to a better dealer otherwise do it yourself.
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 09:52 PM   #313
Mr.Impreza
Mr.Fujitsubo

Drives: 2018 STI
Thanked 1,552 Times in 784 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Well checked my coolant today and its empty.
It started going down during this winter. In the winter month it was still in between the low and full, than in the spring it was low. Now its empty.

Before taking it to the dealer, I'm going to buy coolant first at Subaru and fill it up and monitor it as well as check t make sure all hoses are secure.

Mr.Impreza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 09:56 PM   #314
B-R-Z
I love peanut butter

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Definitely buy a jug of the Subaru super coolant and just keep an eye on your reservoir when you do an oil change, top it off as needed.

I've topped mine off probably around 3 times since I bought it in May of 2013. It has been around 1/4 above the low line for over a year now. At nearly 80k miles and running strong.
B-R-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to B-R-Z For This Useful Post:
FirstWinter (05-20-2016), Mr.Impreza (05-18-2016)