follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 07-02-2012, 10:22 AM   #267
sdshores08

Drives: 2013 Ultramarine FR-S, AT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'm on a trip out in Japan and I went 5 days without seeing one (aside from a BRZ in a Subaru showroom window). Then tonight I was waiting in front of a restaurant and I saw two red 86's within ten minutes. The first one had aftermarket wheels, and was driven by an older lady, which kind of surprised me. The second had an aftermarket exhaust, but stock wheels.

sdshores08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:57 PM   #268
IceCreamMan
Decepticon

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S (Asphalt 6MT)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I can't believe my car hasn't made it to this thread yet..... with all the pictures of it that have been taken by random people......
Old 07-02-2012, 06:00 PM   #269
Re~Mix

Drives: 13' Scion FRS MT
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCreamMan View Post
I can't believe my car hasn't made it to this thread yet..... with all the pictures of it that have been taken by random people......
Completely agree. I've seen multiple people take cell phone shots of mine at red lights, etc.

Only seen one 'in the wild' myself as well, though.
Re~Mix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:47 PM   #270
Sushi
Sugoi

Drives: Supra (Mk III)
Non-driving review

So... I just went to Octagon Toyota in Reading (United Kingdom) and guess what just came in

Sorry for the quality of pictures, only had my iPhone 3GS with me when I was there... and I was too excited lol and forgot to take as many pictures as I could.

Anyway, here's how it went, I called up the dealership to see whether or not they have a GT86 on display, they said that they don't have one in the showroom but they have a demonstrator car so I told them that i'll be there as soon as I can! An hour later, I reached the dealership and finally saw a GT86 for the first time and dayuummm! The car is smaller and lower when you see it in person! (Which is a good thing in my opinion).

Went inside and asked the Toyota salesperson if I can have a look at the car, but told them at the beginning that I will not be purchasing it here as I will be getting one when I get back to my own country. The salesperson said alright and was still treating me very nicely even though he knows that he won't get a sale from me, very good customer service! He seemed to like this car as well, he kept on saying how much fun the car is.

The interior was better than I expected! The seats were very comfy! I like the centre console as well with the gear nut AC thingy... (different from the FRS, like the one in BRZ), it felt solid and looked good. The "fake" carbon fibre dash was actually nice as well, I liked how it felt. The stock sound system was also better than expected, it was good enough for me, but I probably will upgrade it in the future when I get it. The stock rims looked really good in my opinion, I like the two tone rims!

As I am a small person (5'4''), I could sit in the rear seats with the seat set to my driving position, which was a good thing! I was really worried that I won't be able to fit anyone in the back. I probably won't be bringing people around much, but it's nice to have the option.

This particular model have the optional roof and side stripes, which did not look good in person! I thought it looked kinda cool in pictures but nooooo... even the salesperson agreed that it didn't look good.

Anyway... like many of you guys, i've been following this car for years now... and finally seeing one in person was amazing! Will get this car when I get back to my country

Oh! Funny thing... a random guy just came up to the salesperson (who was explaining the tires to me at that time) and just said "I need this car... not want... I need it!" lol which is basically the same feeling I had after seeing the car for the first time. To anyone who haven't seen one a GT86/BRZ/FRS in person yet... I highly recommend going into the closest dealership to see it!
Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:59 PM   #271
Tommi

Drives: Various
i don't like the stripes
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:08 PM   #272
Sushi
Sugoi

Drives: Supra (Mk III)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
i don't like the stripes
Me too
Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:20 PM   #273
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,046 Times in 8,323 Posts
Mentioned: 676 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Alright, who got pulled over around State street & 600 South (give or take) 10~20mins ago?

Or it's just popo parked front of you?
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342812028.373620.jpg
Views: 580
Size:  65.9 KB