follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 08-17-2014, 05:24 PM   #99
Wilso
"Patience young Padawan"

Drives: 2017 Crystal White BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
You shouldn't be at fault, in Ontario anyways, you're not legally aloud to merge when the light changes :/ could be wrong though
Wilso is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wilso For This Useful Post:
chas3wba0 (10-14-2014)
Old 08-17-2014, 08:30 PM   #100
aristo

Drives: BRZ SWP 14
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
1. I just realized what your name means.

2. It did not look like you were trying to run a red light or even attempt to run a yellow.. You could have simply been moving up to the crossing line because it was clear path until that guy cut in.

The only way I see they can say it is a little bit your fault at all is that they would argue you could have braked faster and harder

Hopefully you kept yourself cool when dealing with that idiot cause I would have lost my shittttt

Just saw this has been a few weeks ago - any updates on the situation?
aristo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aristo For This Useful Post:
chas3wba0 (10-14-2014)
Old 10-10-2014, 06:40 AM   #101
chas3wba0

Drives: Yes
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
An update for ya'll. Looks like the other insurance company did try to pin partial fault on me, but my adjuster wouldn't have it so he submitted my statement to the higher powers, along with the vid. Got my deductible back in the mail last week, so looks like I'm off the hook this time...
aristo (10-10-2014), Atropine (10-15-2014), Braces (10-15-2014), brandonblt2 (10-15-2014), DarkSunrise (10-10-2014), Giccin (10-14-2014), mjh712 (10-10-2014), pinski (10-14-2014), RobertPaulson (10-15-2014), Wilso (10-15-2014)
Old 10-14-2014, 04:43 PM   #102
pinski
Stole my avy from zGrinch

Drives: 2015 Audi S3
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas3wba0 View Post
An update for ya'll. Looks like the other insurance company did try to pin partial fault on me, but my adjuster wouldn't have it so he submitted my statement to the higher powers, along with the vid. Got my deductible back in the mail last week, so looks like I'm off the hook this time...
As you should be since the other driver impeded your progress. The fact that the light changed is moot, and you weren't doing anything wrong up until the moment that you theoretically would've run the red. Good on your insurance company for sticking up for you. Hate to see that happen to another DGM

2015 Audi /S3 | Panther Black | DSG
Gone...2014 BRZ, 2010 Lexus IS F-Sport, 2006 Mazda MX5, 1997 Mustang GT
pinski is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pinski For This Useful Post:
chas3wba0 (10-14-2014)
Old 10-14-2014, 05:44 PM   #103
Giccin
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Drives: Yaris HBK, Audi 09' TTS<Had>
Thanked 1,899 Times in 966 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Quote:

A bit late to the party.

Glad you got out of the fault.

But... I firmly believe you're not at fault.

Fuckin' changing lanes last minute like that is fucking stupid. Everyone saying his reaction time is slow... you guys forget to realize there are two options that pop up when that shit happens. You look for your "exit route" and you slam your brakes at the same time while hoping the fucker doesn't hit your car. At the same time you pray the idiot sees you coming and changes back into their lane.

Anyways... as for the "speeding up" at the yellow. I would've just said I was rev matching. It sounds like I'm speeding up but not.

Logic > Emotion
┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
Yashio Factory Pink adds +10HP to anything.
TOYOTA FT-86
Giccin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Giccin For This Useful Post:
chas3wba0 (10-14-2014), Wilso (10-15-2014)
Old 10-14-2014, 05:56 PM   #104
torqueno

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Just letting you know that you have convinced me to buy the FT86SF Catted UEL Header.

Sorry you had to go through this.
torqueno is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to torqueno For This Useful Post:
chas3wba0 (10-14-2014)
Old 10-14-2014, 06:26 PM   #105
chas3wba0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giccin View Post
A bit late to the party.

Glad you got out of the fault.

But... I firmly believe you're not at fault.

Fuckin' changing lanes last minute like that is fucking stupid. Everyone saying his reaction time is slow... you guys forget to realize there are two options that pop up when that shit happens. You look for your "exit route" and you slam your brakes at the same time while hoping the fucker doesn't hit your car. At the same time you pray the idiot sees you coming and changes back into their lane.

Anyways... as for the "speeding up" at the yellow. I would've just said I was rev matching. It sounds like I'm speeding up but not.
Thanks I honestly did expect him to back off after I laid on the horn. It seems like just a year ago when people actually responded when you gave them a warning honk, but these days, they just shove in front of you with an "I'm entitled to cut you off, deal with it" attitude. Faith in the average American driver: lost.

Last edited by chas3wba0; 10-14-2014 at 06:44 PM.
chas3wba0 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chas3wba0 For This Useful Post:
Giccin (10-15-2014)
Old 10-14-2014, 06:33 PM   #106
chas3wba0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazbo View Post
I don't like the exhaust note. You asked bro. That annoying drone gets old and your ears probably won't like it when you're older. Sorry about your car. Dealership bumped my front bumper during first oil change, so body work at 3k miles was no bueno.
The exhaust is pretty audible inside, but it's not an ear-piercing drone by any means. I agree, I will probably want a quieter, more mature-sounding car after this one, but I still think the current setup sounds amazing. I'll call it a "ricer phase" for now.
Old 10-15-2014, 01:48 PM   #107
KelvinBRZ
GBS Mafia Member

Drives: with Snow mode on
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Thanks I honestly did expect him to back off after I laid on the horn. It seems like just a year ago when people actually responded when you gave them a warning honk, but these days, they just shove in front of you with an "I'm entitled to cut you off, deal with it" attitude. Faith in the average American driver: lost.
I know how you feel. I commute 85 miles a day round trip on freeways in traffic. The amount of stupid careless drivers cutting people off in their lanes is far too common. I get these close call incidents every damn week! I usually honk profusely and high beam the driver... I have so many dashcam vids on my iPhone with lane change close calls. Maybe it's time to get a real dedicated dashcam..

Also it appears that from most of the incidents I've recorded, half of the cars are trucks or large vans. Are we just invisible to them?!

GBS Mafia
KelvinBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KelvinBRZ For This Useful Post:
chas3wba0 (10-15-2014), Giccin (10-15-2014)
Old 10-15-2014, 05:30 PM   #108
chas3wba0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelvinBRZ View Post
I know how you feel. I commute 85 miles a day round trip on freeways in traffic. The amount of stupid careless drivers cutting people off in their lanes is far too common. I get these close call incidents every damn week! I usually honk profusely and high beam the driver... I have so many dashcam vids on my iPhone with lane change close calls. Maybe it's time to get a real dedicated dashcam..

Also it appears that from most of the incidents I've recorded, half of the cars are trucks or large vans. Are we just invisible to them?!
My commute is 80 miles round trip brotha, and the dashcam was the best $50 investment I've ever made! I feel naked driving without it now...

I want to believe that our cars are just so low and small that they looked but didn't see us, but my cynical mind leads me to believe that truck/SUV drivers simply don't bother to look because having such a big, heavy car makes them feel so safe (read: isolated from the road/traffic) that they don't feel the need to check. I don't want to misrepresent commercial truck drivers though--most are very professional and are some of the safest drivers on the road.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:53 PM   #109
Giccin
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Drives: Yaris HBK, Audi 09' TTS<Had>
Thanked 1,899 Times in 966 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelvinBRZ View Post

I get that shit on the 5N heading towards the 10.

God.

-_-

Logic > Emotion
┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
Yashio Factory Pink adds +10HP to anything.
TOYOTA FT-86
Giccin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 10:57 PM   #110
Fastbrew

Drives: 2014 Pearl White BRZ
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Dude! Great news. I am sure you will remember that not everyone on the road is paying attention. And - driving a twin is kind of like matrix time - we zip around a bit faster than other folks. So - keep the eyes open and drive defensively!
Fastbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fastbrew For This Useful Post:
chas3wba0 (10-16-2014)
Old 10-16-2014, 12:13 AM   #111
swpbrz

Drives: swp brz limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
By the law its his fault. IMO my human morality meter says its your fault. really really stupid self centered driving. you should think about what other drivers are perceiving and realize not everyone is playing hyperaware driving game. He's casually driving and doing something you should have expected. I wouldn't ride with you if I saw this video.
swpbrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 12:37 AM   #112
chas3wba0

Quote:
Originally Posted by swpbrz View Post
By the law its his fault. IMO my human morality meter says its your fault. really really stupid self centered driving. you should think about what other drivers are perceiving and realize not everyone is playing hyperaware driving game. He's casually driving and doing something you should have expected. I wouldn't ride with you if I saw this video.
Thank you, teacher, we've established that about 10 times in this thread already