follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 03-10-2015, 04:29 PM   #1345
kch
Senior Misanthrope

Drives: 2015 BRZ Series.Blue CWP
Thanked 1,168 Times in 645 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Just got a voicemail from JDL. Invoice #528 is expected to ship out next week
kch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 10:06 PM   #1346
jprice130
AutoX Nut

Drives: 2022 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I have an overpipe on order and am trying to resist bugging JDL. I know header orders might be a bit longer due to the aforementioned mandrel bending delays, but was wondering what kind of turnaround time folks have been having with their overpipe and frontpipe orders. I'm about 5 weeks out from when I originally placed my order, so I'm hoping to hear something soon!
jprice130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 11:34 PM   #1347
DocWalt

Drives: '22 BRZ
Thanked 1,472 Times in 767 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jprice130 View Post
I have an overpipe on order and am trying to resist bugging JDL. I know header orders might be a bit longer due to the aforementioned mandrel bending delays, but was wondering what kind of turnaround time folks have been having with their overpipe and frontpipe orders. I'm about 5 weeks out from when I originally placed my order, so I'm hoping to hear something soon!
I was ~2 months or something like that. Worth the wait, IMO.
DocWalt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DocWalt For This Useful Post:
jprice130 (03-10-2015)
Old 03-12-2015, 03:16 PM   #1348
Dum11567

Drives: Argento FR-S 6AT
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Does anyone have on idea of what overpipes have proven fitments with the catless UEL??
Old 03-12-2015, 03:24 PM   #1349
leoh007

Drives: 2014 Monogram
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dum11567 View Post
Does anyone have on idea of what overpipes have proven fitments with the catless UEL??
Not any that I know of, JDL is the last comapny that I would think of that would have fitment issues. Though I could be biased as I have a JDL overpipe, Header, and Catted Front Pipe waiting for shipment in the next few weeks
leoh007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to leoh007 For This Useful Post:
Dum11567 (03-12-2015)
Old 03-12-2015, 03:55 PM   #1350
BAMF86
much slow

Drives: 13 Raven FRS, 05 Rio Yellow S2000
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dum11567 View Post
No fitment issues here with the Motiv OP for my catless UEL
BAMF86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BAMF86 For This Useful Post:
Dum11567 (03-12-2015)
Old 03-12-2015, 09:09 PM   #1351
DocWalt

Drives: '22 BRZ
Thanked 1,472 Times in 767 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Cheapo ISIS overpipe fits perfectly too, but it had pinhole leaks at one of the welds and rusted VERY quickly for being stainless.
DocWalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 05:06 AM   #1352
JOSEC

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ WRB
Just to share my experience with JDL. I'm in no way complaining, I'm simply sharing what happened in my case. I first bought a header from JDL back in Mid October. And didn't receive my header until about mid December. So it wasn't too bad. I put on the header and found out that my exhaust is now really loud. So I went ahead and contacted them for a 3 inch UQ Frontpipe. Was told it'll be done by early January. I didn't get an email from them until about the last week of January. Sent me shipping notice, 2 weeks pass and the front pipe was never picked up or sent. I email them and was told to call. So I call the shop, and I was told they didn't make the right one, that they made a 2.5inch instead of a 3. And said that they're getting materials, it'll be done within the week. I said okay, that's fine. Hang up. That same day, I emailed back and said, I'll take the 2.5 inch as I was gonna have a trip soon. (Spring break) and I didn't really wanna deal with the drone on the freeway. They said they'll make it for me and I asked for the 2.5 inch. 2weeks past, I called and emailed multiple times and I get no replies. I try again 2 weeks later And only 2 days ago (3/11) they contacted me back saying they'll ship it tomorrow. No explanation as to why it took so long. 3 months for a Frontpipe...I asked them I need them by Friday (3/13) today and if it'll be alright to get it overnight to me, I'll pay any extra. They agreed, and didn't chrage me anything as there was extra left since it was just 2.5 instead of 3 inch. Now my Frontpipe has missed the "FedEx cutoff" and won't be delivered until Monday (3/16). I'm just frustrated by the entire experience. Even with the massive amount of lead time, I didn't get to quiet down my exhaust any. Now they tried to get it to me at the last moment, and I'm thankful. But an extra month for a Frontpipe? I'm not sure what took so long for them to make it. The Frontpipe with less complexity took longer than my header. I really don't want to deal anything like this for a while. It's frustrating and really hard to keep patient since there was really no communication. It took a quarter of the year for me to get a Frontpipe...or yet to get. That being said, the quality is probably going to be top notch. But sadly I can't enjoy any of that because I won't be back until after my trip to NC.

Last edited by JOSEC; 03-13-2015 at 08:45 AM.
JOSEC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JOSEC For This Useful Post:
flippy (03-18-2015)
Old 03-13-2015, 07:00 AM   #1353
yomny

Drives: 2013 FRS Whiteout
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
I feel you on this, not because I've had a similar experience with them but bottom line is you guys JDL are a business and you need to get your crap together or you'll endup closing down. I'm sure you could live without our support work but at the same time trust me you're not the only one that welds stuff and this behavior from a business is unacceptable. Excuses will be no more than excuses whether your supplier is total crap or you're low on staff my problem is to have money to pay and yours to deliver good parts and customer service. When you answer the phones act like you're exicted to hear people because these bastards are the ones paying your bills. I'm sure this isn't going to get any work done or get things shipped faster but listen to how people feel about you and you won't have to wonder later on why business isn't great.
leoh007 (03-13-2015)
Old 03-18-2015, 09:03 AM   #1354
EquiFox

Drives: 2014 FRS Firestorm
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
What is the approximate lead time for these now ?
EquiFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 02:31 PM   #1355
leoh007

Drives: 2014 Monogram
Quote:
Originally Posted by EquiFox View Post
What is the approximate lead time for these now ?
I was told about 4 weeks now that they are back on track
leoh007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 05:08 PM   #1356
JDLAutoDesign

Drives: 13 FRS
Thanked 1,437 Times in 652 Posts
Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Thank you all for you patience. We got our UEL runners back from the bender and have been working on getting all of your orders fulfilled ASAP. Some of you been contacted and other will be as soon as your orders are close to completion. As always please call us if you any questions.

Couple of Catted UEL collectors

JDLAutoDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JDLAutoDesign For This Useful Post:
flippy (04-22-2015)
Old 03-19-2015, 05:10 PM   #1357
JDLAutoDesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEC View Post
Just to share my experience with JDL. I'm in no way complaining, I'm simply sharing what happened in my case. I first bought a header from JDL back in Mid October. And didn't receive my header until about mid December. So it wasn't too bad. I put on the header and found out that my exhaust is now really loud. So I went ahead and contacted them for a 3 inch UQ Frontpipe. Was told it'll be done by early January. I didn't get an email from them until about the last week of January. Sent me shipping notice, 2 weeks pass and the front pipe was never picked up or sent. I email them and was told to call. So I call the shop, and I was told they didn't make the right one, that they made a 2.5inch instead of a 3. And said that they're getting materials, it'll be done within the week. I said okay, that's fine. Hang up. That same day, I emailed back and said, I'll take the 2.5 inch as I was gonna have a trip soon. (Spring break) and I didn't really wanna deal with the drone on the freeway. They said they'll make it for me and I asked for the 2.5 inch. 2weeks past, I called and emailed multiple times and I get no replies. I try again 2 weeks later And only 2 days ago (3/11) they contacted me back saying they'll ship it tomorrow. No explanation as to why it took so long. 3 months for a Frontpipe...I asked them I need them by Friday (3/13) today and if it'll be alright to get it overnight to me, I'll pay any extra. They agreed, and didn't chrage me anything as there was extra left since it was just 2.5 instead of 3 inch. Now my Frontpipe has missed the "FedEx cutoff" and won't be delivered until Monday (3/16). I'm just frustrated by the entire experience. Even with the massive amount of lead time, I didn't get to quiet down my exhaust any. Now they tried to get it to me at the last moment, and I'm thankful. But an extra month for a Frontpipe? I'm not sure what took so long for them to make it. The Frontpipe with less complexity took longer than my header. I really don't want to deal anything like this for a while. It's frustrating and really hard to keep patient since there was really no communication. It took a quarter of the year for me to get a Frontpipe...or yet to get. That being said, the quality is probably going to be top notch. But sadly I can't enjoy any of that because I won't be back until after my trip to NC.

I apologize for this slipping through. We will make sure you are taken care of in the future
Old 03-19-2015, 05:15 PM   #1358
JDLAutoDesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomny View Post
I feel you on this, not because I've had a similar experience with them but bottom line is you guys JDL are a business and you need to get your crap together or you'll endup closing down. I'm sure you could live without our support work but at the same time trust me you're not the only one that welds stuff and this behavior from a business is unacceptable. Excuses will be no more than excuses whether your supplier is total crap or you're low on staff my problem is to have money to pay and yours to deliver good parts and customer service. When you answer the phones act like you're exicted to hear people because these bastards are the ones paying your bills. I'm sure this isn't going to get any work done or get things shipped faster but listen to how people feel about you and you won't have to wonder later on why business isn't great.

Yomny thanks for taking the time to talk to me over the phone about this. Again if you ever need anything answered please call us
The Following User Says Thank You to JDLAutoDesign For This Useful Post:
yomny (03-20-2015)