follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

View Poll Results: Which off-the-shelf FI kit would you like to see CSG test?
Vortech Complete system 26 13.07%
Innovate Stage 2 Complete 98 49.25%
Jackson Racing Factory Tuned 36 18.09%
Kraftwerks Fully Tuned 39 19.60%
Voters: 199. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Old 10-29-2013, 11:30 PM   #43
JerryMichaels7

Drives: Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wait for the 500hp blower from sprintex :P
Old 10-30-2013, 12:19 AM   #44
Dezoris

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 2,997 Times in 1,095 Posts
Mentioned: 159 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjohnx View Post
Sounds like you're making an argument FOR CSG to go with the Innovate in this situation. They're looking to see which kit we want to see them test. Being that the innovate has so many "unanswered questions", one would think that there would be plenty of content and just as much interest in seeing the results.....no?
kit has been out long enough for someone to post quality track data including Innovate. The truth is anyone doing track time is not running an out of the box setup.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:43 AM   #45
xjohnx
Grip>Slip

Drives: 13 SWP BRZ Ltd - Innovate Powered!
Thanked 1,716 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezoris View Post
kit has been out long enough for someone to post quality track data including Innovate.

I'll go ahead and count that as a vote of support for them testing the innovate in an out of the box setup (as they mentioned they would be doing if they went with that kit.) You know, to satisfy your dying thirst for answers.

Quote:
The truth is anyone doing track time is not running an out of the box setup.
The kit has been out long enough? The IC kit has been available in North America for a full 5 days. I know you love bashing this kit and the thought of someone doing a valid test drives you crazy as you won't be able to continue spewing hyperbole, but such is life.
xjohnx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to xjohnx For This Useful Post:
phloozy (10-30-2013)
Old 10-30-2013, 08:02 AM   #46
s2d4

Drives: R32 GTR, AW11 MR2 SC, GTS86 R
Thanked 1,223 Times in 708 Posts
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
kit has been out long enough for someone to post quality track data including Innovate. The truth is anyone doing track time is not running an out of the box setup.
Well, you've just provided another reason to go for the innovate, because mike sounded like he would test the out of the box setup.
s2d4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:26 AM   #47
CajunFRS

Drives: Challenger R/T, CRX SI,
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjohnx View Post
I'll go ahead and count that as a vote of support for them testing the innovate in an out of the box setup (as they mentioned they would be doing if they went with that kit.) You know, to satisfy your dying thirst for answers.

The kit has been out long enough? The IC kit has been available in North America for a full 5 days. I know you love bashing this kit and the thought of someone doing a valid test drives you crazy as you won't be able to continue spewing hyperbole, but such is life.
The questions and concerns Dezoris has are valid. Anyone slapping some FI on this car should have these questions answered. Its 2013 tuners need to be transparent about results. Knowledge is power.
CajunFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:39 AM   #48
xjohnx
Grip>Slip

Drives: 13 SWP BRZ Ltd - Innovate Powered!
Thanked 1,716 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunFRS View Post
The questions and concerns Dezoris has are valid. Anyone slapping some FI on this car should have these questions answered. Its 2013 tuners need to be transparent about results. Knowledge is power.
That's exactly my point. If these questions are valid and he REALLY wants the answers, then why WOULDN'T he want CSG to test the innovate kit?
xjohnx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to xjohnx For This Useful Post:
normancw (10-30-2013)
Old 10-30-2013, 09:38 AM   #49
Dustin
Twin Screw You

Drives: 2013 Supercharged Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
Has the Vortech really been tested in harsh conditions? I know it's perfectly fine for street driving, but I don't think I've really seen one being pushed hard at the track.
Quote:
I have hours of data logged from track on Vortech. Almost 2 hours straight in a single day running the tank dry both times. FT86Speed has plenty of track time on their Vortech but never posted logs. Gem has tons of track time on the Vortech. I think by far its the most track tested on this site.

There is too much press on the Innovate kit and its a glorified re badged import kit with piss poor transparency at launch from Innovate. It's not a track ready kit out of the box non-intercooled. And even inter cooled there are plenty of questions left unanswered.
Quote:
This was my reasoning for choosing the Innovate kit. I did edit @Dezoris first post leaving out that he would choose KW 1st and Jackson 2nd, but I still want to see the Innovate OTS kit with good data posted. Again, just why I voted for that kit.
Dustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:54 AM   #50
Mikem53

Drives: FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
I voted for the innovate setup. Seems more "OEM" than the others.
Its not intended to create funny car power.. More in line with what an OEM would produce as the next power step up.
Some torture testing and hard runs would speak volumes for its ability to
Hold up in this application..
Thanks in advance!
Mikem53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:17 AM   #51
CK_Bladesmith

Drives: Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
I vote for the innovate stage 2 kit with the modified fa20club intercooler kit
Raven FR-S mods: Unichip, Ground Control street coilovers with camber plates and strut tower brace, SPC Lca's, Drag DR-38 wheels with Dunlop Direzza DZ101s, Perrin CAI and silicone inlet tube, Perrin 3" resonated catback, Perrin high flow catted front pipe, Rev Works UEL header.
CK_Bladesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CK_Bladesmith For This Useful Post:
PoWn3d_0704 (10-31-2013)
Old 10-30-2013, 10:20 AM   #52
TemeCal

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
I have hours of data logged from track on Vortech. Almost 2 hours straight in a single day running the tank dry both times. FT86Speed has plenty of track time on their Vortech but never posted logs. Gem has tons of track time on the Vortech. I think by far its the most track tested on this site.

There is too much press on the Innovate kit and its a glorified re badged import kit with piss poor transparency at launch from Innovate. It's not a track ready kit out of the box non-intercooled. And even inter cooled there are plenty of questions left unanswered.
What about Robi's (Innovated powered) car? It probably has more track miles than yours and Gem's combined. He's out there just about every weekend. I removed the rest of my comments, since they weren't really on topic.

Last edited by TemeCal; 10-30-2013 at 11:12 AM.
TemeCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:33 AM   #53
thill

Drives: 2020 SS1LE (previous 13 BRZ owner)
Thanked 1,463 Times in 802 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
I will be the odd sheep and vote for Jackson Racing. Everything I have read from Oscar Jackson Jr. seems very professional and straight forward. If I go FI, this is very important to me. JR has already torture tested their supercharger, but I would love for CSG to put it through the ringer and provide feedback.

KW is interesting as well, but I am getting a bad Visconti type vibe from their posts here.
thill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thill For This Useful Post:
NoppyNop (10-31-2013)
Old 10-30-2013, 11:10 AM   #54
ATL BRZ
Driving Coach

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 4,137 Times in 1,707 Posts
Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Voted for Jackson Racing. Simplicity is key for me and I like that about the JR kit. Upgradability is a non-issue for me since the C30-94 would deliver ~280whp with E85 on my setup easily. I'd also prefer to not exceed the stock fueling and clutch capacities should I ever go FI.
ATL BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:21 AM   #55
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,177 Times in 6,835 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TemeCal View Post
What about Robi's (Innovated powered) car? It probably has more track miles than yours and Gem's combined. He's out there just about every weekend. I removed the rest of my comments, since they weren't really on topic.
His car doesn't exactly run the off-the-shelf tune. While it shows that the Innovate blower itself lasts under hard use, his tune is completely different, and his setup is about as stock as the rest of the car is. Plus, he's on E85, which is approximately the equivalent of 104 octane AND meth injection.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:26 AM   #56
TemeCal

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
His car doesn't exactly run the off-the-shelf tune. While it shows that the Innovate blower itself lasts under hard use, his tune is completely different, and his setup is about as stock as the rest of the car is. Plus, he's on E85, which is approximately the equivalent of 104 octane AND meth injection.
True, but I'm not sure I'd want to run an "off-the-shelf" tune on the track. I've had enough issues on the track running NA. There's no way I'd run ANY of the FI kits on the track without it being dialed in by a tuner like Bill.

Same goes with an oil cooler, radiator, (and intercooler for me). As far as I remember, Robi is not even running an intercooler.
TemeCal is offline   Reply With Quote