follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > ASIA

User Tag List

Old 10-25-2013, 03:15 AM   #1667
Tye300

Drives: Toyota 86 TRD Version AT
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Usually start around 9pm and end around 1am.
Tye300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:05 PM   #1668
Wilcats

Drives: Toyota 86
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKDENG View Post
@x3m_priv8,

Your aircon is normal. The FRS/BRZ climate control settings are on the higher side (+2 to +3degC)compared to most other cars so a 19 setting on the FRS/BRZ is equivalent to a 21-22 setting on other cars. Checked this out by using a temperature gun on my BRZ in comparison with my other cars. The FRS/BRZ compressor also turns off automatically on WOT and when the engine rpm exceeds 6k rpm which adds to the feeling that the cooling system is inadequate.

@musclecars,

You might want to take another look using a flashlight and small mirror. The socket is usually tied to the power cable of the dome light and is pretty tucked inside the dome light cavity that is why you can't see it.

@Wilcats,

If your suspension is fully stock and the noise is coming from the front then it is most likely caused by incorrectly torqued bolts on the bottom engine cover. It is not enough to just tighten them, they have to be torqued to the correct specs. For your reference on the bolts and corresponding torque settings:

If the noise is coming from the rear, this is most likely caused by your rear deck rattling. This can be remedied by bending the tab shown below so that it joins the two rear deck panels together instead of hitting each other.

Just an update... re-torquing the bolts of the Aluminum plate didn't work... The "something is loose" feeling is still there...
Old 10-27-2013, 10:14 PM   #1669
JMx86

Drives: Toyota 86 Aero AT SWP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
OT: Selling GT86 Badge

Guys, OT lang muna. Baka meron sa inyo may gusto ng GT86 na badge. I'm selling it for 2.5k, pwede shipping.
Name:  1384373_10153364717235258_1782515831_n.jpg
Views: 714
Size:  65.4 KB
JMx86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:17 AM   #1670
pcuerpo

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to pcuerpo Send a message via Yahoo to pcuerpo
i know wala masyado gains with a muffler pero what about installing a catback? any difference other than sound? thinking of installing one but its a bit pricey so im having second thoughts.. im after gains so im hoping there would be kahit minimal since i might be paying a lot compared to getting headers

Last edited by pcuerpo; 10-29-2013 at 02:42 AM.
pcuerpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:25 AM   #1671
Tye300

Cat backs don't give much gains other than sound and looks. If you want bang for you buck, get headers and tune if you plan to stay NA.
Old 10-29-2013, 04:24 AM   #1672
pcuerpo

@Tye300, what about changing the front pipes? any marginal gains? if i wont be changing to a catback, i might have enough budget for a headers and front pipe upgrade
Old 10-29-2013, 02:22 PM   #1673
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKDENG View Post
@dagame,

Depends on when the picture was taken. I have tried different mags/tires/suspension combinations. I would assume you are looking at reducing the fender gap. These were the different combinations I have used:

<snip>
3. 18 inch mags, 225/45 tires and stock springs: fender gap = ~1.45 inches
Most comfortable ride, even better than stock wheels and tires. Car looks lowered even with stock springs. Speedometer reading is lower than what it should be but hardly noticeable.
5. 18 inch mags, 225/40 tires and stock springs: fender gap = ~1.9 inches
Gap is too big for me almost like stock and ride comfort is worst than stock tires and mags.
7. 18 inch mags, 235/40 tires and stock springs: fender gap = 1.7 inches
Very comfortable ride, tons of grip. Looks already lowered. For me this is the best daily driving setup and what I use the most. No problem with clearance at all.
Resurrecting an old post from @NIKDENG. Getting my 86 tomorrow and already doing extensive research. Thanks for all the useful posts.

Considering getting 18" so currently thinking about wheel configuration. A little curious on your observations for #5 vs #7. If 225/40 vs 235/40, isn't the difference only the width of the tire? If so, and with about a fender gap difference of .2 - .3" as you mentioned -- your ride comfort observation looks extremely varied from "worst than stock" to "best daily driving setup".

In any case, any updates on the best wheel/tire combination for daily driving? Looking for perfect balance between comfort and look. 18s vs 19s? Stock vs Springs?

Thanks!
Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:14 PM   #1674
pcuerpo

@Incognito, other than tire width, kumakapal din yung tires because yung tire series is the % of the width... so kung 225/40 = 225 x 40% compared to 235/40 = 235 x 40% kaya mas malaki overall diameter hence, smaller fender gap

im on Eibach lowering springs using 235/40/18 and 265/35/18 and ride seems more plush than stock pero yung tagtag is still there

btw, congrats on your new car!
Old 10-30-2013, 09:22 AM   #1675
Tye300

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcuerpo View Post
@Tye300, what about changing the front pipes? any marginal gains? if i wont be changing to a catback, i might have enough budget for a headers and front pipe upgrade
If you're getting a tune after you change your header, I suggest you get a front pipe. If you're just getting a header and no tune, the gains would be marginal if you get a front pipe, just extra noise. The best mod you can do for the car is header+tune. IMO, the stock header design is really restrictive, thats why if you get a header, it frees up HP right away.
If you ask me, get a tune first. A lot of threads here, namely the FA20club tuner has added 20whp to an otherwise stock engine. If you get headers, you just add 7-10whp without the tune. Pricewise, header and ecutek tune are almost the same.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:27 AM   #1676
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcuerpo View Post
btw, congrats on your new car!
Thanks! Already looking forward to modding it but it feels like the civic back in the day -- WAY too many bolt-ons and options to consider! I'm already formulating a spreadsheet in my head and going insane with what to go with. Will be visiting the shops listed on the thread this weekend starting with AUTOKOZMETIX and do some initial assessments.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:03 PM   #1677
Alabang 86

Drives: GT86
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
Thanks! Already looking forward to modding it but it feels like the civic back in the day -- WAY too many bolt-ons and options to consider! I'm already formulating a spreadsheet in my head and going insane with what to go with. Will be visiting the shops listed on the thread this weekend starting with AUTOKOZMETIX and do some initial assessments.
I did the same, I'd show you my xls but how to post it to the forum?
Old 10-30-2013, 12:38 PM   #1678
trustyler

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Anyone know a reputable shop where I can have my new springs installed? I know it has to be aligned also once installed but have heard that other shops try to trick you to buy other unnecessary parts or others don't even know what they're doing which causes problems later on. Any suggestions? I'm fine going to shops within Q.C. and Pasig.

Last edited by trustyler; 10-30-2013 at 12:49 PM.
trustyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:24 PM   #1679
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabang 86 View Post
I did the same, I'd show you my xls but how to post it to the forum?
Wow, would love to see this. Public Dropbox maybe and just post the link? Or better yet convert to Google Docs so people can update and maybe add columns for shops/price/etc?

I'd appreciate this extremely.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:29 PM   #1680
gpac

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trustyler View Post
Anyone know a reputable shop where I can have my new springs installed? I know it has to be aligned also once installed but have heard that other shops try to trick you to buy other unnecessary parts or others don't even know what they're doing which causes problems later on. Any suggestions? I'm fine going to shops within Q.C. and Pasig.
Hi
try Fusion R along e rod, after t morato and before balete drive.
Look for OLI.
gpac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gpac For This Useful Post:
trustyler (10-30-2013)