follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List
steve99

Old 10-26-2017, 12:40 AM   #57
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern_18 View Post
I just tried logging on my 2016 FR-S and I can't see any of the accelerometer stuff that was supposed to have been released. I have the latest version of OFM (1.28.0) and it seems to have updated the OFT but still can't see that. I tried logging everything that was mentioned for knock detection (RPM, Engine load, FBKC (knock correction), iam, KC Learned and FLCK). IAM is nowhere to be found for logging, FLCK is pretty much always at -100, 100 or 0. Not sure what any of that gives me. Not sure how to find the iam if I can't log it.

Here is a link to my log with all those parameters plus I added a couple.
https://datazap.me/u/northern18/first-log?log=0&data=

I don't know if it's because I can't log some of the stuff yet for a 2016 FR-S (It is automatic) or if I need to update the template (I thought I read somewhere that we no longer need to touch templates and that it's all automatic now for updating).

EDIT: I haven't flashed a tune to my car yet since I want to make sure I know how to log and use this beforehand. Not sure if that makes a difference regarding missing parameters when logging?
Yes its a logging issue with some rom id with oft. Flasging a oft tune may help as the tuned rom is oftem based on a different rom to original and this may log correctly
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
Northern_18 (10-26-2017)
Old 10-28-2017, 02:33 PM   #58
Northern_18

Drives: Silver 2016 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So since I am still having logging issues and can't see my IAM. (it is always 0. IAM is Ignition advance multiplier right?) Do I just need to look at the engine speed and the engine load at a specific point and compare the value for those two things in the Knock Correction Advance Max A table? Example: In the log lets say I was at WOT and at 4890 rpm with 1.12 for engine load. If I look in the table for the Stg 1 91 Oct tune in the Knock Correction Advance Max A table and the value there for those values is 5.98ish and I have 5.97 in my log for KC learned it means there is no dangerous knock? From my reading that is what I understood anyway. If the log isn't more than 1 over the value in the table it's not too severe. Am I correct?

Here is the log I am talking about. I cruised for a bit and then did a 3rd gear 2000ish rmp pull to redline in 3rd gear near the end of the log.
https://datazap.me/u/northern18/stg-...t?log=0&data=1
Northern_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 03:59 AM   #59
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern_18 View Post
So since I am still having logging issues and can't see my IAM. (it is always 0. IAM is Ignition advance multiplier right?) Do I just need to look at the engine speed and the engine load at a specific point and compare the value for those two things in the Knock Correction Advance Max A table? Example: In the log lets say I was at WOT and at 4890 rpm with 1.12 for engine load. If I look in the table for the Stg 1 91 Oct tune in the Knock Correction Advance Max A table and the value there for those values is 5.98ish and I have 5.97 in my log for KC learned it means there is no dangerous knock? From my reading that is what I understood anyway. If the log isn't more than 1 over the value in the table it's not too severe. Am I correct?

Here is the log I am talking about. I cruised for a bit and then did a 3rd gear 2000ish rmp pull to redline in 3rd gear near the end of the log.
https://datazap.me/u/northern18/stg-...t?log=0&data=1
Yeah it looks alright, the iam is likely close to one and not a huge amount of knock.

But see the sudden drops in kc learned in this view indicate some knock but looks less than -1 correction

https://datazap.me/u/northern18/stg-...2890-2872-2861

I can help you out with a tune that will log correctly and have some nice featurss

Pm me if interested
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 02:05 PM   #60
halujeddo

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
got to data logs topic, sorry!
halujeddo is offline   Reply With Quote