follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 10-30-2018, 07:59 PM   #15
ShansBRZ

Drives: 2017 brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I’m 47, 6’1” and 230 lbs. I sit in the car with my legs out side of it then swing my legs in one at a time. Pretty much the same process getting out just backwards. If I try getting in any other way it hurts my hip. When I drive my seat is two notches away from being all the way back and I drive with the back almost straight up and down.
ShansBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 05:25 AM   #16
Adam_L

Drives: '16 FR-S RS2 MT, '06 xA Polar MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dake View Post
Don't know what to tell you.

I'm 43, 6'2" and 195 (that 15lbs may be the difference),
Lower weight is higher performance. Always have been, always will be.
Old 10-31-2018, 08:26 AM   #17
why?
Only happy when it rains.

Drives: series.blue
Thanked 1,263 Times in 749 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
I'm 6'2" and 320, and If I put the seat straight up my hair is also in the headliner. If your seat is all the way lowered, you might want to try and remove the slider mechanism etc and just bolt it to the floor, or get an aftermarket seat.

And I agree hip first is the best way to get in the car.

I use the car as my dd and I love it. At the moment my commute is slightly above an hour both ways and the car is great. Leaning the seat back helps with the comfort for me.
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to why? For This Useful Post:
LoXodonte (11-02-2018)
Old 10-31-2018, 01:25 PM   #18
g e

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
63 and amply proportioned here. Moderate arthritis in right hip flared up... enough to cause me to modify ingress and egress moves.

I prefer seat on almost the lowest setting. I raise the steering wheel, pivot in the seat so feet on ground and stand up. It helps to wear smooth sole shoes. Some of my textured ones would create just enough drag to get a yelp out of me. You need door completely open so a wide parking spot to do this. Either park in the boonies or get a handicap sticker.

I have some scuffs by speaker but not much to do about it. Not ready for a Buick yet, although the previous gen Regal GT wouldn't be too bad. ... would it?
g e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 04:05 PM   #19
Hypnocracy
Hypnocratic Missionary

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
57 5'11" 215lbs...I stick my right foot in...lower my bum to the seat and use my hand to help raise-pull my left knee-foot into the car...

Commute is 45 minutes...I find the car comfortable even on long trips.

Issues: I would like the seat bolsters to squeeze me a bit less (yeah getting 15-20 lbs off would help I know) and getting my right leg comfortable. My right knee tires of resting against the console. Is there an aftermarket pad that I could mount on that side of the console?

If I have my work boots on (in addition to safety glasses, gloves, bump hat, kevlar cut resistant arm sleeves, hearing protection and hair nets while actually at work...PPE's safety first you know...UGH) there is not much room for the clod hoppers down there in the foot-well to maneuver my foot and leg for comfort.
Hypnocracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 04:08 PM   #20
alphasaur
friendly

Drives: 17' 86
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Start squatting ass to the grass.

Solution to every problem.
alphasaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 04:32 PM   #21
Sapphireho
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Drives: '15 ultramarine
Thanked 18,260 Times in 8,619 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnocracy View Post
there is not much room for the clod hoppers down there in the foot-well to maneuver my foot and leg for comfort.

Put boots in trunk, wear sneakers, change shoes.
Sapphireho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sapphireho For This Useful Post:
g e (11-03-2018)
Old 10-31-2018, 07:34 PM   #22
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,847 Times in 16,435 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by g e View Post
63 and amply proportioned here. Moderate arthritis in right hip flared up... enough to cause me to modify ingress and egress moves.

I prefer seat on almost the lowest setting. I raise the steering wheel, pivot in the seat so feet on ground and stand up. It helps to wear smooth sole shoes. Some of my textured ones would create just enough drag to get a yelp out of me. You need door completely open so a wide parking spot to do this. Either park in the boonies or get a handicap sticker.

I have some scuffs by speaker but not much to do about it. Not ready for a Buick yet, although the previous gen Regal GT wouldn't be too bad. ... would it?
Actually, you missed your perfect Buick by about 40 some years -

humfrz
Attached Images

humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 12:05 PM   #23
gravitylover

Drives: 2013 BRZ Premium 6MT White
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
Actually, you missed your perfect Buick by about 40 some years -

humfrz
Ha! We had one of these in the driveway when I was growing up. My just barely 5' tall dad looked so funny sitting in/driving that thing. His head barely reached the headrest on the drivers seat

I have the opposite problem getting in and out due to a leg length under 30". I need to keep the seat pretty close to operate the clutch pedal properly so when I get in I have to pretty much go in backwards putting my right leg in as I plop down then bring my left leg in. Sometimes I rub the steering wheel hard but more often I squish the lower and side bolster and the fabric is starting to wear thin. Sometimes I'll think of it and move the seat back before I get out but I usually forget
Old 11-01-2018, 12:13 PM   #24
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,285 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphasaur View Post
Start squatting ass to the grass.

Solution to every problem.

alphasaur (11-01-2018), gravitylover (11-01-2018)
Old 11-01-2018, 12:30 PM   #25
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,847 Times in 16,435 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
Ha! We had one of these in the driveway when I was growing up. My just barely 5' tall dad looked so funny sitting in/driving that thing. His head barely reached the headrest on the drivers seat

I have the opposite problem getting in and out due to a leg length under 30". I need to keep the seat pretty close to operate the clutch pedal properly so when I get in I have to pretty much go in backwards putting my right leg in as I plop down then bring my left leg in. Sometimes I rub the steering wheel hard but more often I squish the lower and side bolster and the fabric is starting to wear thin. Sometimes I'll think of it and move the seat back before I get out but I usually forget
The seat mod for you -

humfrz
Attached Images

humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 05:11 PM   #26
extrashaky

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Thanked 5,618 Times in 2,266 Posts
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
With regard to getting out of the car when fucking assholes park too close to your door, I can usually solve that problem by parking where the fucking assholes can't or just don't want to block me. That means parking in an end space with my driver's side door facing an island or just parking way out at the other end of the parking lot and walking a little further. When I lived in Louisiana, shitheads would intentionally park next to me way out in the back 40. However, I saw less of that when I moved to Texas and hardly any of it at all in Florida because Texas and Florida dimwits are simply too fucking lazy to walk another 20 yards to be an asshole.

Usually it works. Every now and then some piece of human excrement will block me in anyway. I carry bottles of water with me, and here in Florida there's usually sand nearby for their wet windshields. I've been thinking of maybe carrying Silly String for that instead. Or condiments.
extrashaky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to extrashaky For This Useful Post:
g e (11-03-2018)
Old 11-01-2018, 08:32 PM   #27
gravitylover

Drives: 2013 BRZ Premium 6MT White
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
The seat mod for you -
humfrz
I wish I could get a swivel bucket, those things used to kick ass. My buddy had a 75 Cutlass with them and I loved cruising in that car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extrashaky View Post
With regard to getting out of the car when fucking assholes park too close to your door, I can usually solve that problem by parking where the fucking assholes can't or just don't want to block me. That means parking in an end space with my driver's side door facing an island or just parking way out at the other end of the parking lot and walking a little further. When I lived in Louisiana, shitheads would intentionally park next to me way out in the back 40. However, I saw less of that when I moved to Texas and hardly any of it at all in Florida because Texas and Florida dimwits are simply too fucking lazy to walk another 20 yards to be an asshole.

Usually it works. Every now and then some piece of human excrement will block me in anyway. I carry bottles of water with me, and here in Florida there's usually sand nearby for their wet windshields. I've been thinking of maybe carrying Silly String for that instead. Or condiments.
Twice I've had to drop the back seat and squirm through the car to get in. Good thing I'm a young 52
Old 11-01-2018, 11:50 PM   #28
Face_Plant

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Is your seat all of the way down? If you look at the side of the seat there should be 2 handles: the rear most one is for angling the backrest and front one is for raising the entire seat up/down.
Face_Plant is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Face_Plant For This Useful Post:
LoXodonte (11-02-2018)

Tags
back, commute, ergonomics, knee, seats