follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List
go_a_way1, MisterSheep, Sarlacc

Old 07-23-2015, 06:58 PM   #407
tysoNgwaNg
awesome.

Drives: 1994 Toyota Celica, 2014 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
On anything blizzard. Lol. And Xbox one and Ps4
tysoNgwaNg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 07:08 PM   #408
radroach

Drives: car
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Does anyone have Duck Game?
radroach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 09:19 PM   #409
Packofcrows
hey you, yeah you <3

Drives: 2014 37J FR-S
Thanked 1,258 Times in 809 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
Sorry you read it backwards....

PC gaming > Console any day of the week.

I for the most part only play PC games. I only play consoles when absolutely forced to...too many years playing keyboard, then keyboard/mouse to ever be able to be effective with a controller.

It's the controller that's well, just wrong, but that's my own personal hang-up.
hahaha for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelhaus View Post
I used to think that, but there's many things consoles do exceptionally well. I go back and forth, but right now my PC isn't doing much gaming at all lately, it's all on the PS4. Same with kb/mouse vs controller, saying one is always better than the other is a little shortsighted. Embrace the everythings! I have a XB1 controller for my PC for some games, Dark Souls for instance, and virtually anything third person.

Oh nopes. I agree. Console is amazing and has come long way. Each is magnificent.

What I'm saying is PC has more mod potential from hardware to software. More innovation. I embrace it all. Just more fond of PC's in general. Easier to fix imo. Not always cheaper but repairs are fun.
Dadhawk (07-23-2015)
Old 07-23-2015, 09:24 PM   #410
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,942 Times in 11,378 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelhaus View Post
I used to think that, but there's many things consoles do exceptionally well. I go back and forth, but right now my PC isn't doing much gaming at all lately, it's all on the PS4. Same with kb/mouse vs controller, saying one is always better than the other is a little shortsighted. Embrace the everythings! I have a XB1 controller for my PC for some games, Dark Souls for instance, and virtually anything third person.
Nope, can't do it, tried and have the death count to match. In fact, as I've said on here before, my forum name is my gamer tag given to me by my kids because with a controller I'm just cannon fodder. (all my kids had a xxxHawk gamer tag. the Dad in mine, besides the obvious means "Death After Death".)

I do think that consoles are better for some games (sports and "social" games) and are just as good for "playability" for others, but gamepad style controllers are useless to me (maybe I should say for me). I think a lot of games have ended up controller "dumbed down" just to accommodate issues with them. That is one of the primary reasons you don't see cross-platform games, trying to balance controller inputs to make it "fair". Screw fair, in war the person with the best guns is supposed to win!

I've literally been playing graphical PC video games for over 35 years (Sublogic and MS Flight Simulator 1.0 anyone?) with a keyboard and later keyboard/mouse. If I spent hours with a controller I probably could master it, but frankly there isn't a single game that is console only I want to play so bad its worth the investment. My limited gaming time can't be spent floundering around....

Like I said, it's my own personal hangup.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 09:29 PM   #411
radroach

Drives: car
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZrwIrfr7xk"]DUCK GAME - YouTube[/ame]
radroach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 09:33 PM   #412
Andrew025

Drives: Neptune GR86
Thanked 3,505 Times in 1,806 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quote:
Nope, can't do it, tried and have the death count to match. In fact, as I've said on here before, my forum name is my gamer tag given to me by my kids because with a controller I'm just cannon fodder. (all my kids had a xxxHawk gamer tag. the Dad in mine, besides the obvious means "Death After Death".)

I do think that consoles are better for some games (sports and "social" games) and are just as good for "playability" for others, but gamepad style controllers are useless to me (maybe I should say for me). I think a lot of games have ended up controller "dumbed down" just to accommodate issues with them. That is one of the primary reasons you don't see cross-platform games, trying to balance controller inputs to make it "fair". Screw fair, in war the person with the best guns is supposed to win!

I've literally been playing graphical PC video games for over 35 years (Sublogic and MS Flight Simulator 1.0 anyone?) with a keyboard and later keyboard/mouse. If I spent hours with a controller I probably could master it, but frankly there isn't a single game that is console only I want to play so bad its worth the investment. My limited gaming time can't be spent floundering around....

Like I said, it's my own personal hangup.
I think you kinda missed his point.
Playing a game like Dark Souls with kb/mouse is horrible regardless how much you play with kb/mouse.
Old 07-24-2015, 07:35 AM   #413
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew025 View Post
I think you kinda missed his point.
Playing a game like Dark Souls with kb/mouse is horrible regardless how much you play with kb/mouse.
Well, first, let me say my original comment (about playing Borderlands on the PC with a gamepad being just wrong) was intended as a joke. I have no real issue with someone using a gamepad on a PC, just not my preference. I've even used one myself, but primarily to play games on MAME or other sims that were designed for gamepads or arcade controllers.

As far as Dark Souls, what you say may very well be true, I don't know haven't played it. The reason I haven't is because it is a console port to the PC by a company that had never done PC games before. Recipe for disaster. It may be a great game on the PC, but if it requires a gamepad to be great (or even playable), then it's really just a console game, so I would just play it there. (I have owned just about every generation of every console since the Atari 2600, and right now have all the last gen and current gen consoles in the "game room", and have played them, it's just not my "go to" system)

Again, its all just personal preference. I only have a couple hours a week where I can do any gaming, so I'm going to stick to what works for me. I also tend to not play "the hot" game right away, I'm admittedly usually about 12 to 24 months behind the release curve. I say its because I just don't have time, my wife tells me its because I'm cheap.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dadhawk For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (07-24-2015)
Old 07-24-2015, 10:19 AM   #414
DylanFRS
Lost in Kansas

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS (Raven)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAEMANO View Post
Currently playing:

Star Citizen (betas)
How is it?
DylanFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 01:07 PM   #415
Andrew025

Drives: Neptune GR86
Thanked 3,505 Times in 1,806 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quote:

As far as Dark Souls, what you say may very well be true, I don't know haven't played it. The reason I haven't is because it is a console port to the PC by a company that had never done PC games before. Recipe for disaster. It may be a great game on the PC, but if it requires a gamepad to be great (or even playable), then it's really just a console game, so I would just play it there.
That was just an easy example. There's many other PC only/PC first games that are much more playable with a controller.
That was my only point.
But yes, I get it, you don't like using a controller.
Old 07-27-2015, 07:18 PM   #416
Sideways&Smiling

Drives: AP2 S2000, S14 240sx
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Well, first, let me say my original comment (about playing Borderlands on the PC with a gamepad being just wrong) was intended as a joke. I have no real issue with someone using a gamepad on a PC, just not my preference. I've even used one myself, but primarily to play games on MAME or other sims that were designed for gamepads or arcade controllers.

As far as Dark Souls, what you say may very well be true, I don't know haven't played it. The reason I haven't is because it is a console port to the PC by a company that had never done PC games before. Recipe for disaster. It may be a great game on the PC, but if it requires a gamepad to be great (or even playable), then it's really just a console game, so I would just play it there. (I have owned just about every generation of every console since the Atari 2600, and right now have all the last gen and current gen consoles in the "game room", and have played them, it's just not my "go to" system)

Again, its all just personal preference. I only have a couple hours a week where I can do any gaming, so I'm going to stick to what works for me. I also tend to not play "the hot" game right away, I'm admittedly usually about 12 to 24 months behind the release curve. I say its because I just don't have time, my wife tells me its because I'm cheap.
A controller has little to do with whether a game is a pc game or a console game unless you're talking about a first person shooter, where a keyboard and mouse are clearly superior.

The Souls series games (Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 1, Dark Souls 2, Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin, Bloodborne, etc.), in general, are some of the very best games ever made. Ignoring them because of the need for a controller is a mistake.
Sideways&Smiling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 07:51 PM   #417
DAEMANO
Time Traveller

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS - Raven
Thanked 3,416 Times in 1,677 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanFRS View Post
How is it?
It's still pretty raw, but you can tell the greatness is in there. This is probably going to be the most ambitious release in the last decade or so. I recommend jumping in now and getting to know the flight mechanics. The FPS bits are falling into place now. Myself and @WRB5titch are committed. Join up, the more the merrier.
DAEMANO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 12:27 PM   #418
tennisfreak

Drives: 2018 BMW M240i
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAEMANO View Post
It's still pretty raw, but you can tell the greatness is in there. This is probably going to be the most ambitious release in the last decade or so. I recommend jumping in now and getting to know the flight mechanics. The FPS bits are falling into place now. Myself and @WRB5titch are committed. Join up, the more the merrier.
Did you play any of the Wing Commanders?

I played most of them and am really hoping Star Citizen has some of the magic those games had.
tennisfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tennisfreak For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (07-28-2015)
Old 07-28-2015, 01:37 PM   #419
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways&Smiling View Post
A controller has little to do with whether a game is a pc game or a console game unless you're talking about a first person shooter, where a keyboard and mouse are clearly superior.
I don't disagree, I was referring more to the original way the game was designed, and I just prefer to play it in it's "native environment". So if a game is a console game ported to PC, I'd rather play it on the console.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways&Smiling View Post
The Souls series games (Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 1, Dark Souls 2, Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin, Bloodborne, etc.), in general, are some of the very best games ever made. Ignoring them because of the need for a controller is a mistake.
Again, not ignoring it, I would just prefer to play the console version than what has been (from what I've read) a poor port to PC (Controller or not).
A lot of this is merging together anyway, and lots of choices are available to meld the two worlds. Here's some developments in that space on the PS3, PS4 and Xbox One....

http://www.gizmag.com/hori-tactical-...details/38634/

Old 07-28-2015, 03:13 PM   #420
TheVoiceOfReason

Drives: BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonypepatone View Post
Iracing is my game so if anyone sim races on here would love to race y'all!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Same here. Mostly oval racing though.
TheVoiceOfReason is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pc master race, u no have 3080