follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 08-23-2014, 02:51 PM   #1387
ModalSoul37

Drives: 2014 Limited WR Blue Brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
@DSOmegaX @Khazzy @krayzie seems like we all have/had the same concern, haha....I'm probably gonna throw on the fender badges soon (before the exhaust) because the emblem is smaller and I like the duller look of the "chrome" garnish. The trunk and front badges I'll hold off on until I get some wheels for the car (picking wheels is such a hard decision haha)
ModalSoul37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:49 PM   #1388
Trap63

Drives: Brz WRB - Europe LHD
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
new parts....
Old 08-29-2014, 06:56 PM   #1389
chanomatik
Snow Don't Hurt!

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited 6MT CBS
Thanked 1,497 Times in 902 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModalSoul37 View Post
So when did everyone badge their car as an "STi"...I already have the aero kit and the springs will be installed as soon as they get here, the exhause will follow a month or so after...with the exhuast, will my car be worthy of the "STi" moniker? haha...I don't want to get "that guy" who just throws badges on a car...
I've been waiting for a few "big projects" to be completed before I threw on my trunk, door and front grill "STI" badges. It's been torture to say the least. I went ahead and did the fender "tS" replacements since they were just too cool, but now people ask, "Is that the STI version?" Man, they don't even know the half... In my mind this car is about 70% complete. Some stuff is just going to have to wait until I drive this car down through Washington on my way to Jersey next May (2015).
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chanomatik For This Useful Post:
ModalSoul37 (08-31-2014)
Old 08-29-2014, 10:45 PM   #1390
ModalSoul37

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanomatik View Post
I've been waiting for a few "big projects" to be completed before I threw on my trunk, door and front grill "STI" badges. It's been torture to say the least. I went ahead and did the fender "tS" replacements since they were just too cool, but now people ask, "Is that the STI version?" Man, they don't even know the half... In my mind this car is about 70% complete. Some stuff is just going to have to wait until I drive this car down through Washington on my way to Jersey next May (2015).
Yeah I'm thinking of throwing on the fender garnishes this weekend...I just like how they're a duller chrome than my stock ones, the STi logo is just a bonus haha...in other news, I just got a fat ass rock chip on my front lip, hella lame cuz it's not like I can use touch up paint to fix it...the dealer that installed it nicked the corner of my front lip so the service manager said he'd replace it, gonna check in tomorrow to see when I can drop of my car to get it replaced...
The Following User Says Thank You to ModalSoul37 For This Useful Post:
chanomatik (09-01-2014)
Old 08-30-2014, 11:21 AM   #1391
Khazzy

Drives: SWP Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Yeah I'm thinking of throwing on the fender garnishes this weekend...I just like how they're a duller chrome than my stock ones, the STi logo is just a bonus haha...in other news, I just got a fat ass rock chip on my front lip, hella lame cuz it's not like I can use touch up paint to fix it...the dealer that installed it nicked the corner of my front lip so the service manager said he'd replace it, gonna check in tomorrow to see when I can drop of my car to get it replaced...
That sucks. When I first saw the tS pictures...all I wanted were the fender garnishes. As soon as Japanparts had them I ordered within hours. Best addition to my car in my opinion.

Sorry to hear about the lip. My car got hit with a nice rock in the front bumper...lucky for clear bra as it took most of the impact but it still made a nice divet.

I think I am done with tS parts now. I would love the cluster gauge but the work for it is not worth it. The last part I want is the wing....it keeps screaming at me to buy it but I am not paying 3k dollars for it. I kind of want the original STi trunk lip that was put on the Australian models.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Khazzy For This Useful Post:
chanomatik (09-01-2014), ModalSoul37 (08-31-2014)
Old 08-30-2014, 12:03 PM   #1392
Neokolzia

Drives: 1996 Celica GTFour ST205
Ya thats what I was figuring that wing for 3k >-< ouuchhhh.... But its so beautiful.
Neokolzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 12:53 PM   #1393
aznatama

Drives: 2014 BRZ MT (Sold); 2006 V70R
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Anyone have experience with the coilovers, short shifter, or recaros seats?
Old 08-30-2014, 11:17 PM   #1394
DSOmegaX

Drives: '19 M2 Comp, '20 GR Supra
Thanked 2,153 Times in 986 Posts
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznatama View Post
Anyone have experience with the coilovers, short shifter, or recaros seats?
Not a coilover. Just a spring and damper combo. And I have them. Runs the car noticeably smoother

2019 BMW M2 Competition | LBB | ///M Performance Build Thread
2020 Toyota GR Supra | Turbulence | TRD | Build Thread
DSOmegaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 10:39 AM   #1395
aznatama

Drives: 2014 BRZ MT (Sold); 2006 V70R
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSOmegaX View Post
Not a coilover. Just a spring and damper combo. And I have them. Runs the car noticeably smoother
Do you think they were worth the ~$2k, and does it give increased wheel clearance over stock parts? Thanks.
Old 08-31-2014, 01:55 PM   #1396
krayzie
Drive From Home

Drives: BRZ STI Performance
Thanked 3,111 Times in 2,007 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznatama View Post
Do you think they were worth the ~$2k, and does it give increased wheel clearance over stock parts? Thanks.
Increased shock travel with the tS shocks NOT increased wheel clearance. The car sits 15mm lower with STI Performance suspension.
krayzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:19 PM   #1397
ModalSoul37

So I'm gonna install the STi fender garnishes tomorrow...for those that already have them on, would you recommend heating the existing garnish before I go in with the fishing line? Is the included adhesive enough for a secure install?
Old 09-01-2014, 11:46 AM   #1398
Khazzy

Drives: SWP Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
So I'm gonna install the STi fender garnishes tomorrow...for those that already have them on, would you recommend heating the existing garnish before I go in with the fishing line? Is the included adhesive enough for a secure install?
I just went right in with fishing line. I did not want to damage the pre existing fender garnish because I was selling them. Also the pre-installed adhesive is more than enough. There are also clips to hold it in so you will be fine. Have had mine installed for a few months now no issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to Khazzy For This Useful Post:
ModalSoul37 (09-01-2014)
Old 09-01-2014, 12:39 PM   #1399
ModalSoul37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khazzy View Post
I just went right in with fishing line. I did not want to damage the pre existing fender garnish because I was selling them. Also the pre-installed adhesive is more than enough. There are also clips to hold it in so you will be fine. Have had mine installed for a few months now no issues.
Awesome, thank you...it's funny how a small piece can really change the look of the car, I guess it's all in the details haha.
The Following User Says Thank You to ModalSoul37 For This Useful Post:
chanomatik (09-01-2014)
Old 09-01-2014, 08:01 PM   #1400
ModalSoul37

Got the fender garnishes on...the last clip towards the hood of the car was a pain in the butt... the adhesive residue, however, was the most time consuming part...one more exterior STi part, then I'll move on to the interior, then the engine bay, hopefully I can get my OEM+ club membership card after all that stuff haha...

Tags
it sucks to be broke, sti omg!