follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 05-24-2012, 07:02 PM   #29
mattles
Proud of FR Layout

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaphse View Post
Not Airaid, just me working after hours.
Oh well then thats even better. I saw your attention to detail with that Kaiser, it's safe to say we're in good hands then.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:09 PM   #30
mattles
Proud of FR Layout

Scion Factory authorized? luxmn you DO sound like a douche.

There is no Scion Factory, and beyond that Scion is barely a tangible company. Its easier on the mind just to think of Scion as a very small team of Toyota Employees. Now don't get me wrong, they are some of the most amazing Toyota employees that I have ever met and most of them are real car people, men and women that seem to 'get it' when it comes to cars. However, that tangent aside...

Jack Hollis already said the cars will never be 'officially serialized', remember when we asked him that direct question in Long Beach? The intention of Scion was only ever to assign a random number to each car based on receipt of a pen or license plate frame. The first 86 cars, unfortunately, do not hold the same weight as the 'Release Series' cars and thusly will likely never have real serialization from Toyota or Scion.

Personally, I could care less. I just want a spiffy plate for mine, but its not like I need it, my vin indicates my car is #500 and I think that will speak for itself when I feel the need to sell this vehicle.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:48 PM   #31
ntaphse

Drives: beater
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Easy killer, "factory authorized" were my words not his, but I do think that's what he was asking.

My point was that if you want to get licensing from Scion to use the logo, font etc I don't think we could afford to do this. And if you do ask them, believe me that's the direction they would take it.
ntaphse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:05 PM   #32
AtlantaRock
"First86" Delivered

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Special Plaque for First 86

rockyi tds.net
9:03 PM (0 minutes ago)

to Jack_Hollis, Jaycie

Mr. Hollis
Dear Jack;
A group of the First 86 would like to know if Toyota would consider making a plaque that designates our cars as one of the first 86. I am attaching a web site from Italy that had a custom made plaque for each owner it was all done online. I’m sure they have a cross reference to insure the request is valid.
The picture also attached is what they did in Italy; it fits in the area below the shifter in the depression in the console.
Might it be something that you or Scion US, would consider doing, maybe the Scion organization in Italy can make them for us in the states of course ours would have FR-S vs. 86 see the picture.
If you would please give a response, either yes or no. I do believe that the 86ers would be willing to pay a small charge to have this available
The comments on the forum have been very positive we love the car; we all see that some dealers cause a lot of potential buyers to hate car dealers, I hope Toyota is reviewing the overall performance of their dealers and can address the issues regarding up charges (it’s a special car), as well as added upgrades that were not asked for.
If you would please respond
Best Regards
Rocky Ienna
21 of 86

http://gt86.toyota.it/acquista-online/

Click here to Reply, Reply to all, or Forward
The Following User Says Thank You to AtlantaRock For This Useful Post:
GodSays (05-26-2012)
Old 05-24-2012, 09:30 PM   #33
AtlantaRock
"First86" Delivered

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaRock View Post

rockyi tds.net

to Jack_Hollis, Jaycie

Mr. Hollis
Dear Jack;
A group of the First 86 would like to know if Toyota would consider making a plaque that designates our cars as one of the first 86. I am attaching a web site from Italy that had a custom made plaque for each owner it was all done online. I’m sure they have a cross reference to insure the request is valid.
The picture also attached is what they did in Italy; it fits in the area below the shifter in the depression in the console.
Might it be something that you or Scion US, would consider doing, maybe the Scion organization in Italy can make them for us in the states of course ours would have FR-S vs. 86 see the picture.
If you would please give a response, either yes or no. I do believe that the 86ers would be willing to pay a small charge to have this available
The comments on the forum have been very positive we love the car; we all see that some dealers cause a lot of potential buyers to hate car dealers, I hope Toyota is reviewing the overall performance of their dealers and can address the issues regarding up charges (it’s a special car), as well as added upgrades that were not asked for.
Best Regards
Rocky Ienna
21 of 86

This what I emailed Jack and Jaycie
Old 05-24-2012, 10:17 PM   #34
mattles
Proud of FR Layout

Im glad you took the initiative because that email is way more professional and eloquent than I could have put it.

Looks good, sounds good, lets hope you hear back from them!
Old 05-24-2012, 11:37 PM   #35
luxmn
First FR-S

Drives: Whiteout MT FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
hope we hear back from them i dont have to have a plate, but if i do i kinda want it to be legit/special, that's douchy i know. its like i can go buy the hats and the shirts and the keychains from a first86 would that make me one of them? not really. i have a laser cutter at work and have access to a cnc but that's like paying for a gf. lol
luxmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:37 AM   #36
frsnky

Drives: fr-s tc
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
I think it would be perfect If any are made I am interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattles View Post
*coughcough* IF ANY SCION REPS ARE READING THESE FORUMS RIGHT NOW *cough*

This would be a good thing to have done for the First86 as well.

frsnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:12 AM   #37
ntaphse

Drives: beater
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Has anyone seen a real picture of that Italian badge? I'm pretty sure that's a rendering.
ntaphse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:27 PM   #38
viper_driver

Drives: 2013 BRZ ordered!
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
That Italian badge is really nice! I sure hope Scion can spare a couple bucks to get those for you First 86 guys.
viper_driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:18 PM   #39
Turbowned

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ Perf Pack 6MT
Thanked 1,945 Times in 1,150 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Garage
Damn! I wonder if we can get a bade like that made for all cars, not just the First86... I want one to cover up the ugly seat heater buttons in the BRZ...

Current: 2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S 6MT
Previous: 2 BRZ's, 997 C2S, C5 RS6, C4 S6, B8 S4, GDB STi, S30 240Z, FC3S RX-7 TII, AW11/SW20 MR2, E30 318is/325i, etc.
Turbowned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:22 PM   #40
Dang Lad

Drives: Asphalt MT FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbowned View Post
Damn! I wonder if we can get a bade like that made for all cars, not just the First86... I want one to cover up the ugly seat heater buttons in the BRZ...
Seconded - I'd love to get one for my FRS (#312) and would gladly pay for it.
Dang Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:25 PM   #41
civicdrivr

Drives: 2018 Golf R
Thanked 1,095 Times in 647 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Well said, but this part bothered me:

Quote:
Isn't it a Toyota in Italy? I know, Im nitpicking.....
Old 05-25-2012, 11:05 PM   #42
AtlantaRock
"First86" Delivered

Quote:

rockyi tds.net

to Jack_Hollis, Jaycie

Mr. Hollis
Dear Jack;
Best Regards
Rocky Ienna
21 of 86

Just want to let you know that I did get a response to this email. I was told that there is something special still being planned, I don't know what but the email said they didn't want to ruin it. They also said they are looking a less then stellar performance by the dealers on this marketing promotion.
I don't know what is going on but whatever happens from here is just an extra. Remember we got the car, a hat, and whatever else some of us received that others might not have.
Enjoy your car,
No I don't work for Scion I'm just trying to be real about the whole experience.
Drive safe
Rocky
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AtlantaRock For This Useful Post:
bestwheelbase (05-27-2012), Brett (05-26-2012), civicdrivr (05-26-2012), Dadhawk (05-25-2012)