follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 01-06-2016, 05:05 PM   #505
zc06_kisstherain

Drives: SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by keen as View Post
Do what Gums said. The dump pack is separate and does not get used or charged until the controller is on, when the car is on.

When my car is parked in my garage, I directly connect the starter battery (12v) to my charger to keep it fully charged. It does nothing to the dump pack (24v).
thank you for assurance!
zc06_kisstherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 09:38 PM   #506
BRZ-y

Drives: Brz limited
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
well, no sooner do you guys post up this issue, and I left my dome light on for a day and a half.......
Odyssey completely dead..... won't hold a recharge... ordering a new one now......
BRZ-y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 09:39 PM   #507
TM

Drives: DGM BRZ 6MT
Garage
This is unrelated, but just came back from a 3 week vacation and my odyssey started my car up strongly within the first crank. Should've trashed my old battery a long time ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-06-2016, 11:10 PM   #508
zc06_kisstherain

Drives: SWP BRZ
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZ-y View Post
well, no sooner do you guys post up this issue, and I left my dome light on for a day and a half.......
Odyssey completely dead..... won't hold a recharge... ordering a new one now......
try to charge it with lower/slower charging
zc06_kisstherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 05:54 PM   #509
Sunrise161

Drives: 2015 FR-S RS 1.0
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Before you do that try this.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf ProceduretorecoverdeeplydischargedODYSSEY.pdf (80.6 KB, 301 views)
Sunrise161 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sunrise161 For This Useful Post:
WNDSRFR (01-08-2016)
Old 01-08-2016, 07:59 AM   #510
WNDSRFR

Drives: FR-S,GTI
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Outstanding article!
I killed my OEM battery by letting it sit unused in the garage for a year and a half. It wouldn't take a charge with a normal charger. I connected it to a trickle charger and after about 4 days it came back to life!
Don't give up on your Odyssey until you try this.
WNDSRFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 01:10 PM   #511
BRZ-y

Drives: Brz limited
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Thats awesome! I'll give it a try. Had to go pickup a new odyssey anyways (found it in Compton for $90 (4wheelparts).
I had a couple friends in town that I had to show off the supercharger to..... success though as the went from
to

I don't have a trickle charger...
looking at this one from the homey's.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Battery-T...0192/204841738

$39 or $22 online. what do you guys think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrise161 View Post
Before you do that try this.
BRZ-y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 02:03 PM   #512
Sunrise161

Drives: 2015 FR-S RS 1.0
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Thats awesome! I'll give it a try. Had to go pickup a new odyssey anyways (found it in Compton for $90 (4wheelparts).
I had a couple friends in town that I had to show off the supercharger to..... success though as the went from
to

I don't have a trickle charger...
looking at this one from the homey's.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Battery-T...0192/204841738

$39 or $22 online. what do you guys think?
Got this one from Costco to charge my Odyssey. The trick was to use my existing 12V battery via jumper cables to "boost" the Odyssey to a level that it could take the trickle charge.

http://www.costco.com/Battery-Tender...100241973.html
Sunrise161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 02:10 PM   #513
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Drives: Limited Red 6MT BRZ
Thanked 1,167 Times in 644 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Just to let you know odyssey batteries have two batteries. Trickle chargers sometimes won't charge them properly.

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel
Sojhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 11:19 PM   #514
shaynek

Drives: BRZ Limited; GR86
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Hey guys so I have the newest procede controller and i have a version 1 esc. My esc switch (no partial boost) is a straight wire brown/black (no aux) which goes to the phantom controller. Does anyone know which wire (brown or black) i need to cut and attach to the Procede? I'm guessing brown wire since black is most likely ground
shaynek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 02:36 AM   #515
TM

Drives: DGM BRZ 6MT
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaynek View Post
Hey guys so I have the newest procede controller and i have a version 1 esc. My esc switch (no partial boost) is a straight wire brown/black (no aux) which goes to the phantom controller. Does anyone know which wire (brown or black) i need to cut and attach to the Procede? I'm guessing brown wire since black is most likely ground

You have to use a multimeter to test which wire is ground and which has 5v of current. I don't remember having two wires to the WOT switch. I do remember there being one shielded wire and then copper surroundings. One is ground and one is positive, but you need to test them, as there is not a standard of which is which, since it was before the procede's time. For me, the copper wires was what I needed to tap to the procede. For another member, the single shielded wire was what he needed to tap.

Old 01-19-2016, 09:19 PM   #516
KoolBRZ

Drives: Silver 2013 BRZ Ltd Auto 45,000 mi
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Garage
Knocking problem with Procede and OFT ESC tune

@shaynek contacted me about fixing a knock problem that was dropping his IAM when he boosted at low rpms. The first thing I thought was "Try my tune instead of the OFT tune", but it knocked just as bad as the OFT tune. Well, in theory, I should be able to plant my foot at any rpm without getting engine knock, if the tune is right...
So I started with Timing compensation and looked at the MAP comp table. It looked like the more pressure it got, the more it changes the timing. That should do it, right? But, in the description in RR it says in parenthesis, "(clutch depressed)", see pic below. Well that isn't going to work on an AT, and sure enough, it didn't.
So I looked in the Timing Advance section and saw the Knock Correction Advance Max A table, and thought "Let's give this a try."
I rescaled it to go to an Engine Load of 4.0, since that was as high as I saw in my logging, and lowered the cells where I saw the most knocking. This is only my first try at modding this table, but it did virtually eliminate knock. 3 out of 5 logs had no knock whatsoever, and the 2 that did had only momentary knock, not long enough to drop the IAM. See the logs here, http://datazap.me/u/koolbrz/log-1453...ata=1-2-8-9-10
If you're getting knock between 2000 and 3000 rpms when boosting heavy, (I saw Engine Loads as high as 3.82, and boost as high as 4 psi) you'll need to change this table to eliminate knock.
If anyone has a dyno, they can optimize this map to get the most out of it. Just start with a table full of 3's, then log the knocks and pull timing from those cells, bump the other cells to 3.5, log and pull timing, bump up to 4, log and pull etc...
Attached Images

DAEMANO (01-20-2016), shaynek (01-19-2016)
Old 01-20-2016, 02:22 AM   #517
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Drives: Limited Red 6MT BRZ
Thanked 1,167 Times in 644 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolBRZ View Post
@shaynek contacted me about fixing a knock problem that was dropping his IAM when he boosted at low rpms. The first thing I thought was "Try my tune instead of the OFT tune", but it knocked just as bad as the OFT tune. Well, in theory, I should be able to plant my foot at any rpm without getting engine knock, if the tune is right...

So I started with Timing compensation and looked at the MAP comp table. It looked like the more pressure it got, the more it changes the timing. That should do it, right? But, in the description in RR it says in parenthesis, "(clutch depressed)", see pic below. Well that isn't going to work on an AT, and sure enough, it didn't.

So I looked in the Timing Advance section and saw the Knock Correction Advance Max A table, and thought "Let's give this a try."

I rescaled it to go to an Engine Load of 4.0, since that was as high as I saw in my logging, and lowered the cells where I saw the most knocking. This is only my first try at modding this table, but it did virtually eliminate knock. 3 out of 5 logs had no knock whatsoever, and the 2 that did had only momentary knock, not long enough to drop the IAM. See the logs here, http://datazap.me/u/koolbrz/log-1453...ata=1-2-8-9-10

If you're getting knock between 2000 and 3000 rpms when boosting heavy, (I saw Engine Loads as high as 3.82, and boost as high as 4 psi) you'll need to change this table to eliminate knock.

If anyone has a dyno, they can optimize this map to get the most out of it. Just start with a table full of 3's, then log the knocks and pull timing from those cells, bump the other cells to 3.5, log and pull timing, bump up to 4, log and pull etc...

Hey kool nice job spotting that. Were you getting knock on your system as well?

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel
Sojhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 12:11 PM   #518
KoolBRZ

Drives: Silver 2013 BRZ Ltd Auto 45,000 mi
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Garage
Yes, I was getting it too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojhinn View Post
Hey kool nice job spotting that. Were you getting knock on your system as well?

Yep, IAM went as low as .55 before I let off. Everyone says to change Base Timing B for knock, but it doesn't go to 4.0 Engine Load, so I did some research and found a post by @Wayno, where he put 6 in all the KCA cells to flatten it out, then he pulled timing from Base Timing B, and the KCA tables, everywhere it knocked. So I copied @Waynos work, re-scaled the KCA table to reach 4.0 and will pull any timing under 1.4 Engine Load from both Base Timing B, and from the KCA tables, and if it knocks over 1.4 Engine Load, I will pull it just from the KCA table. (KCA is short for Knock Correction Advance Max A, in the Timing Advance section of RR).

Last edited by KoolBRZ; 01-20-2016 at 12:25 PM.
KoolBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KoolBRZ For This Useful Post:
shaynek (01-20-2016)