follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting

Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting What these cars were built for!

User Tag List

Old 06-17-2012, 08:42 AM   #1
UncleFester

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question for those that are or have already ran in an SCCA event.

Hello all,

Without hijacking another thread I wanted to get some feedback on our SCCA classing situation.

I have a couple events coming up this weekend (6-23 & 24) and I would like to run in our road tire rwd stock class (RTR) and according to my regional committe I fall in the Super Stock category/multiplier because the FRS/BRZ is not officially classed yet.

I have seen quite a few autox pictures and comments of people racing in c-stock, which I feel is a reasonable class evaluation.

Have any of you experienced classing difficulties? If your region approved a classing I'd appreciate knowing where, and if anyone has any contacts that may swade my committee to make a ruling that would be great.

Last edited by UncleFester; 06-18-2012 at 05:20 PM.
UncleFester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:04 AM   #2
Sccabrz192
Detroit Region, MI

Drives: 13 BRZ, 13 Volt, 02 WRX
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Per the rulebook they are correct. It is up to the local club and your competitors if they are OK with deviating. If they want to stick with that, you are better off just following the rules, HOWEVER you should still qualify for RTR, you would just have to run the SS multiplier.

You may be in luck though, this upcoming week is the week the Fastrack is usually published, and most of us are anticipating this month's issue will be the official classification for the car. I too am racing next weekend so hopefully we'll have an official class before we run.
Sccabrz192 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sccabrz192 For This Useful Post:
ubersoph (06-18-2012), UncleFester (06-17-2012)
Old 06-17-2012, 02:26 PM   #3
UncleFester

Yea, it appears no wavering is their policy and like you said hopefully this month's release contains our official classification.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:49 PM   #4
AlanLGuy

Drives: Raven 6 speed Manual FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
I talked with the chairs in my region and they were fine with me running RTR with the C-Stock Classification. I missed the most recent even and the fastrack should be out by then, but ultimately it is their discretion before then.

If I were you I would run RTR under the SS modifier and you can figure out the times for a C-stock multiplier on your own, it might not be official but at least you can base your performance of of other similar cars.

2000 Celica GT-S - "Frankenstein" CAI, Boosted2.0 Ported Header, TRD Exhaust, ES Motor Mount Inserts, ES Suspension Bushings, Southbend TZ clutch, Fidanza Flywheel.
AlanLGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:13 PM   #5
Biggins

Drives: Yes
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
"Someone" is registered in RTR (CS multiplier) for the DC region event that I assume you're headed to this weekend. No one has told "someone" to move to a different class-multiplier or questioned their registration yet.
Biggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:18 PM   #6
ubersoph

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I ran in Milwaukee SCCA under Rear Drive Street Tire with a C-Stock index. I didn't seem to have a problem. Have heard again that it's going to be classed in the next week or so.
ubersoph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:05 PM   #7
UncleFester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggins View Post
"Someone" is registered in RTR (CS multiplier) for the DC region event that I assume you're headed to this weekend. No one has told "someone" to move to a different class-multiplier or questioned their registration yet.
That is interesting. It isn't me. I would assume it would come out during tech or registration. I tried to do the right thing and contact the committee members before hand, so I'll see what happens.