follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 07-30-2014, 09:18 PM   #1849
Scracho

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by df.dima View Post
So here is my quick story about warranty tail light replacement due to condensation. I went to Heffner, as they are closest to me and I go for oil changes there, their reputation is pretty good from what I dealt with and hear. I had no issues showing the condensation a week ago, they booked me in for today.

I drop off a car, get shuttled back home for a couple of hours, then get a call that a pickup is in order. 11:50 am, so I go on about my business (packing for the move), an hour goes by, I'm thinking something went bad, ok fine. Get a call from the driver, his name is Les I think, very nice man, he apologized, said another shuttled customer forgot the keys from house at dealership, he had to drive out the keys. He was very nice, it wasn't really their fault, I guess I was ok with it.
Now I get back to dealership, pick up the car, check it all around, everything seems solid, except I see a very tiny scratch on the new tail light on top surface, so I looked more at the light and it seemed fine in other spots (very sunny day). I go to work, park and get out to look at it more, my gut was telling me something is screwed up. I parked in the shade, inspect the light and immediately see that the whole light is scratched up all over the place. The scratches aren't deep, but it feels like someone put it on the floor and dragged it, as it has small nicks and scratches. I immediately go back to the dealership and go see Greg Brown, he's the service manager, he looked at it closely. I asked if this kind of quality of warranty work is normal? He asked me what do I think. Obviously I said that is not nice and he agreed. He said that the parts manager is on vacation this week and they got to go back and figure out if the warehouse shipped the taillight that was already scratched up etcc... I thought that was a bunch of fluff, but fine, maybe its their process to follow. Why would I care who scratched up the tail light, I really want a good replacement part? Is it too much to ask to get a proper new tail light in place? So I was promised to get a follow up when the parts manager gets back next week. Since I got some kind of promised resolution, I said thanks and went on my way.
What pisses me off is just simply the fact that I went in asking for warranty replacement and someone screwed up. Now I have to waste even more time getting this correct. I'm thinking it would have been cheaper money and time wise just to get a set of Tom's and install myself. But I will keep pushing for this idiocy to get resolved. What also was a factor with this tailight thing that pissed me off - last time I went for oil change, I had at least 3 greasy/oily dirty spots on my car (obviously I ask not to wash). For as good of a reputation as they have, they are way too sloppy. Now I really do not want to go back for oil changes, even more so for anything more serious.
I do not go to Cambridge anymore, because they screwed up with my car delivery (washed and put a ton of swirls), I do not go to Waterloo, because I didnt hear a good thing from anyone i know. Now Heffner is giving me these tiny, but irritating issues, I guess I might start driving off to Guelph, which is totally cool, I need 2 oil changes a year anyway. I am glad that they did not scratch up my paint, like some of the guys who went in for tail light change on the forums, but I'm really pissed off, because they are stealing my time and especially now, when I'm moving and dealing with a lot of other issues, this is not welcome.

Rant over. I will post an update once this is hopefully resolved.

Wow compared to my recent service experience there you got them on a good day lol.

My friend and I who both own vehicles purchased from them refuse to go back and give them any more of our money, besides by the size of their dealership they clearly don't need it.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:01 PM   #1850
Demandred7

Drives: 2018 Camry XSE V6
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scracho View Post
Wow compared to my recent service experience there you got them on a good day lol.

My friend and I who both own vehicles purchased from them refuse to go back and give them any more of our money, besides by the size of their dealership they clearly don't need it.
I used to get my previous car serviced by them only because I literally lived around the corner from them, but, otherwise, I have heard too many complaints and horror stories. Not that any dealership is perfect, but, I have no big complaints from Guelph Toyota.
Demandred7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 10:52 AM   #1851
DriftE30

Drives: '13 FRS, '99 Subaru Forester
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainside View Post
There you go.
I cant seem to get the damn thing to work. I scan it and I see a invite from Brandon and hit accept, but noting happens.... Anyone want to invite me?

PIN 7C9926CB

Thanks Gents, looking forward to meeting you guys.

-Summerfield
DriftE30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 10:55 AM   #1852
mountainside
// how hard can it be?

Drives: 10 series frs : 6MT
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftE30 View Post
I cant seem to get the damn thing to work. I scan it and I see a invite from Brandon and hit accept, but noting happens.... Anyone want to invite me?

PIN 7C9926CB

Thanks Gents, looking forward to meeting you guys.

-Summerfield

Sent! Let me know if you have an issues joining.
mountainside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:37 PM   #1853
Cor0lla

Drives: na
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
2014 FRS Promotion

A few posts back, someone mentioned the 2014 FRS has a $2500 cash incentive for August. For the life of me, I can not find this on the Scion.ca website. Does anyone know why Scion kept the promotion in such low key? Is the promotion extended to Sept or until all 2014 FRS are sold?
Cor0lla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 09:35 AM   #1854
jamies31

Drives: 2014 Scion Frs (Argento)
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
there are still very few 2014's left @Cor0lla But if you wanted to give a shout and let me know what your looking for I would be happy to do a search and see if I can find you one. Cell is 1-519-820-4701 or jsloane@guelphtoyota.com
jamies31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 01:42 AM   #1855
Triumphrider

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS in white out
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Just throwing out an invite in case anyone here may not know, But we are hosting a car show this Sunday September 14 at the Toyota plant at 1055 Fountain Street in Cambridge. Show starts at 11 am rain or shine. $5 per show vehicle with all proceeds going to the united way of Cambridge/ North Dumfries. Open to all makes and models but we want your Scion, Toyota, Lexus vehicles. Charity BBQ, and prizes. Last year we hosted over 300 cars, we are hoping to blow that away this year. I know several clubs from the Toronto are planning to join including the BRZWORLD crew. Come on out for a great day!
Triumphrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 05:05 PM   #1856
Demandred7

Drives: 2018 Camry XSE V6
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triumphrider View Post
Just throwing out an invite in case anyone here may not know, But we are hosting a car show this Sunday September 14 at the Toyota plant at 1055 Fountain Street in Cambridge. Show starts at 11 am rain or shine. $5 per show vehicle with all proceeds going to the united way of Cambridge/ North Dumfries. Open to all makes and models but we want your Scion, Toyota, Lexus vehicles. Charity BBQ, and prizes. Last year we hosted over 300 cars, we are hoping to blow that away this year. I know several clubs from the Toronto are planning to join including the BRZWORLD crew. Come on out for a great day!
Hoping to go, but, I can't stay long due to my daughter's birthday party.
Demandred7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 06:35 PM   #1857
hmong337
Emperor JDM

Drives: '91 MR2 Gen3 3SGTE, '13 FRS
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
I'll come if it rains. Planning to 1/4 mile test and tune the mr2 on Sunday at St. Thomas.
Old 09-12-2014, 11:40 AM   #1858
RedFR-s
Builder/Driver/Enthusiast

Drives: 2013 FR-S 6MT Turbo Firestorm
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
I'll be there. I think there's a bid meet up at Guelph Scion before we head down. 930 I believe.
2013 Honda CBR 250 Repsol- Toy
2017 Toyota Tacoma - The Rig
RedFR-s is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RedFR-s For This Useful Post:
jamies31 (09-13-2014)
Old 09-12-2014, 11:05 PM   #1859
mountainside
// how hard can it be?

Drives: 10 series frs : 6MT
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Matt and I will be there!
mountainside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 09:32 AM   #1860
TOZER

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Anyone looking to grab the grimmspeed instake and want to save shipping?
TOZER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 11:28 AM   #1861
thorlius
Canadian

Drives: Frieda: Firestorm/MT (11/28/2012)
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOZER View Post
Absolutely. I already see a few of us on the list:

Harbinger of Darkness
Slartibartfast
Demandred7
myself

I believe RedFR-S wants in too.

Anybody want to sign up as the receiver for all these? We can probably swing parts payment individually, but the receiver pays shipping (for everyone) up front, and collects the cost split across everyone, after the fact.
Old 10-02-2014, 02:57 PM   #1862
Slartibartfast
Klaatu barada nikto

Drives: Raven FR-S MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOZER View Post

Working on it right now.

Their payment process has changed this time, so we may not be able to. That's up to @GrimmSpeed

Like last time, with the "strut brace KW group ship" I'm sure they will request one single payment. I can do that, but I would need money from you all first. I would rather not have them shipped to the dealership this time. There are a few addresses that will work I'm sure.

So, (if we can do it) how much do you need to give me?

Well... This is where we guess. I would much prefer to guess high rather than low, because I'm currently poorer than dirt and I'd rather not have to front any extra. I wouldn't want the box to show up with a few hundred in taxes due, while my pockets are empty.

Current exchange rate is $289.99 USD = $323.31 CAD plus tax = $365.34
Duty is a crapshoot. For six strut braces the shipping was $94USD from GrimmSpeed, GST/HST of $37.59CAD, and $9.95 Handling from Canada Post.

Shipping on a single GrimmSpeed pulley cover (which weighs almost nothing) was $32, and I had taxes, duty and handling on that one.

I'll wait to see what GrimmSpeed says about shipping before making a guess.

In the meantime, If you want one put your name on the list for the group buy, but don't put your name in the hat if it all hinges on getting a huge savings on shipping. http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50492

Sound like a plan?

Oh... and you have to pick it up from me instead of me carting it around in my trunk for 7 or 8 months. I won't name any names.

I vow to do no harm.
2013 Raven FR-S Manual "Lenore"
1985 Silver RX-7 GSL-SE (Gone and missed)

Last edited by Slartibartfast; 10-03-2014 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Added link
Slartibartfast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slartibartfast For This Useful Post:
Demandred7 (10-03-2014)