follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions

Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions Discuss all other cars and automotive news here.

User Tag List

Old 04-13-2012, 12:44 AM   #1
quik1987

Drives: Bugatti Veyron
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lexus developing million dollar super car - report

According to an insiders unearthed by Autoguide, Lexus is working on a new super car that will have a target price of between $800,000 and a cool $1 million.
It will follow in the footsteps of the Lexus LFA (pictured) that had a base price of $375,000 and according to a well connected source, will boast a significantly higher performance level.
The LFA equipped with a Nurburgring performance package has a 4.8-liter V10 with 560 PS (412 kW / 553 hp) and runs from 0-100kph (0-62mph) in 3.7 seconds before reaching a top speed of 325 kph (202 mph).
If the rumors turn out to be true, production is said to be limited to just 100 units.

Read more: http://www.worldcarfans.com/11204124...#ixzz1rtOT16xB
quik1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:18 AM   #2
tranzformer
Delights in pure handling

Drives: Zoom Zoom
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Another overpriced Lexus? No thanks.
tranzformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:34 AM   #3
switchlanez
Glorious BRZ Master Race

Drives: Subaru Libird
Thanked 2,718 Times in 1,079 Posts
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Only worth the price/effort if it outdoes the Veyron.
Old 04-13-2012, 04:41 AM   #4
Dark
Elite Padawan

Drives: '15 WRX, 15 GLA250, and 2 feet
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Don't know why hate Japanese making supercar. LFA Nur is the 2nd fastest road going production car at the ring now. Where is 1.7million currently ugliest Aston Martin One 77's ring time? What about 1200 hp Bugatti Veyron Supersport's?
I don't see anything wrong with Lexus trying to prove that 25 years old bland automaker has capability of making a better exotic car. 1million Lexus exotic with higher performance than LFA and most exotic cars, and more reliable engine than any western supercars is a bargain for those 100 lucky guys.
Owning a Lexus doesn't make me biased. (maybe Asian blood in me )

Last edited by Dark; 04-13-2012 at 04:57 AM.
Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dark For This Useful Post:
Levi (04-13-2012)
Old 04-13-2012, 04:51 AM   #5
Bristecom

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ PP
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranzformer View Post
As if you had the money to buy one.
Bristecom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:56 AM   #6
Dark
Elite Padawan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristecom View Post
As if you had the money to buy one.
LOL, true that.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:27 PM   #7
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Drives: Mk3 Supra with Semi-built 7MGTE
Thanked 2,265 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
A production version of their new LeMans Prototype maybe? (The one that scared Peugeot into withdrawing from entering the race even after their car was mostly developed...)

Because titanium.
Dimman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:05 PM   #8
Allch Chcar

Drives: N/A
Quote:
I have to agree with tranz.

The LFA is plenty cool. So why bother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonitti View Post
Daily Driver, occasional weekend drifter.
Allch Chcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:42 AM   #9
tranzformer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark View Post
Don't know why hate Japanese making supercar. LFA Nur is the 2nd fastest road going production car at the ring now. Where is 1.7million currently ugliest Aston Martin One 77's ring time? What about 1200 hp Bugatti Veyron Supersport's?
I don't see anything wrong with Lexus trying to prove that 25 years old bland automaker has capability of making a better exotic car. 1million Lexus exotic with higher performance than LFA and most exotic cars, and more reliable engine than any western supercars is a bargain for those 100 lucky guys.

As if Toyota needs another over priced car that is in limited quantities that they will lose money on? Really. I thought they already had the LFA for that. Why not put their excess funds (if they really want to waste money) into building a GTR/Corvette ZR1 killer for $60k and lose money on that, something the average man can afford, rather than some ridiculous car that only a few will drive? Isn't a car company suppose to want to sell cars to enthusiasts? The GT86/86/FRS is a nice start, but keep the good times rolling. Not some dumb $1 million car no one will ever have the chance to buy. This is Toyota, not Bugatti/Pagani/Ferrari.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:06 PM   #10
zoomzoomers

Drives: 2013 Subaru SWP BRZ Limited 6AT
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
As if Toyota needs another over priced car that is in limited quantities that they will lose money on? Really. I thought they already had the LFA for that. Why not put their excess funds (if they really want to waste money) into building a GTR/Corvette ZR1 killer for $60k and lose money on that, something the average man can afford, rather than some ridiculous car that only a few will drive? Isn't a car company suppose to want to sell cars to enthusiasts? The GT86/86/FRS is a nice start, but keep the good times rolling. Not some dumb $1 million car no one will ever have the chance to buy. This is Toyota, not Bugatti/Pagani/Ferrari.
Because it's much easier for a CEO to explain to the board of directors that he lost money on a car that everyone wants, if they could afford it. Rather than to explain to the BOD that he wasted money on a car that everyone can afford, but nobody buys. Period!
Man Law#17:A man in the company of a hot, seductively dressed, woman MUST remain sober enough to fight!

MODS: AVO tubes + filter, Cusco (F) strut brace w/ MC brace, Perrin CBE, Subaru OEM trunk tray, Grimmspeed front license re-locator & hood struts and Beatsonic rear cam.
zoomzoomers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:07 PM   #11
tranzformer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoomers View Post
Rather than to explain to the BOD that he wasted money on a car that everyone can afford, but nobody buys. Period!
Yeah because nobody would buy a new Supra.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:13 PM   #12
RRnold
2 wheel member

Drives: JZA80, 997.1, Taco
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
If they can build it, I will commend Lexus...even more!
Old 04-17-2012, 02:28 PM   #13
Dark
Elite Padawan

Quote:
LF-LC A.K.A. SC successor will take car of more affordable market.

When Toyota/Lexus developed LFA, all the experience they learned from it is tickled down to the line up. Is that a bad thing?
I like the evolution of the current lineup. Everything is getting more beautiful and attractive even a bland ES got tons technologies and a daring hate-it-or-love-it design. Lexus has improved the handling of the refreshed models in the lineup.

I bet you might want a bland auto maker make another bland and boring SC430 and call it a drop top coupe or whatever.
And again Lexus is a part of Toyota, it's not Toyota anymore. It has the own lineup, not a rebadged Toyota like in the past. Lexus brand is globalized in 2006. Acura is Honda, Infiniti is Nissan, Lexus is Lexus.

Pagani outsource engines from AMG, they can't even build their own engine. Maybe they could, but they like Frankenstein style. And Veyron uses the same part bins as most cheap Volkswagen cars with quad turbo, that's all. I would like to see those cars lap around the ring, I bet non of them can bet LFA nur's laptime.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:33 PM   #14
SUB-FT86
86 Member

Drives: 2013 Toyota 86 2.0T (Asphalt)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark View Post
The Viper ACR is a 1/4 of the price of a LFA and it has the #1 time at the ring ahead of a LFA. Your point?
SUB-FT86 is offline   Reply With Quote