follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 01-05-2015, 11:34 AM   #1415
Jyn
Noob

Drives: FR-S Mammogram
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Anyone down for Vault of Glass this week on PS4? I'm not a fan of getting a random group.

Also is there a PS4 clan for the forum (or one that is open to new members)?
Old 01-05-2015, 12:26 PM   #1416
f0rge
head of infinite swagger

Drives: 2013 FR-S 6MT
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eski View Post
so on the website and app i cannot seem to find gypsy hunters.. maybe its full? not sure why i cant seem to find it at all...can you send group invites or is it application only?

*found and joined. looking forward to finally having friends to raid with!
Add me too, GT: daver 456

It's dumb this game doesn't have clan screen or something to see who in your clan is online and doing what. Having to constantly add new people to your friends list gets real old real quick and I can never remember who's who.

I'm on usually every other day, although starting to play a bit less. I started Dragon Age over the holidays and it's pretty good.
2013 Ultramarine FR-S 6MT - Car Journal - SOLD
2004 AlpineWhite M3 6MT - SOLD
f0rge is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to f0rge For This Useful Post:
Eski (01-06-2015)
Old 01-05-2015, 12:45 PM   #1417
00NissanNinja
The Thread Lurker

Drives: '14 BRZ, '17 GTI, MT09
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyn View Post
Nope, but I joined "Litany of Havoc" which is n20inferno's clan. And sure, any experience with vault of glass?
00NissanNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 01:26 PM   #1418
Jyn
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00NissanNinja View Post
Nope, but I joined "Litany of Havoc" which is n20inferno's clan. And sure, any experience with vault of glass?
Got to the last room last weekend. Watched the video for the last 2 boss fights though, so I'm not too clueless on them. I just hit 28 last week so haven't gotten a full clear yet.
Old 01-05-2015, 03:52 PM   #1419
53Driver
T64-416Ax3=13,140shp

Drives: 2002 AP1 and 2015 F-150 EB (DD)
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by f0rge View Post
Add me too, GT: daver 456

It's dumb this game doesn't have clan screen or something to see who in your clan is online and doing what. Having to constantly add new people to your friends list gets real old real quick and I can never remember who's who.

I'm on usually every other day, although starting to play a bit less. I started Dragon Age over the holidays and it's pretty good.

I agree, a clan page or something would make a lot sense. I've been actually thinking about cleansing my friend's list as I added a bunch when I first started but now don't even know who most of them are. I know some are from the old clan but I'm finding I play with them less and less.

Been considering finding another game myself, especially one that can be played solo with no online feature that way when Destiny goes down for whatever reason I'll have another game to play. Been thinking about Shadow of Mordor or Dragon Age like you have but not sure if that requires you to be on XBL?
53Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 53Driver For This Useful Post:
Eski (01-06-2015)
Old 01-05-2015, 06:04 PM   #1420
Special_K
Bannéd

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ
Thanked 2,077 Times in 911 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Driver View Post
Been considering finding another game myself, especially one that can be played solo with no online feature that way when Destiny goes down for whatever reason I'll have another game to play. Been thinking about Shadow of Mordor or Dragon Age like you have but not sure if that requires you to be on XBL?
Pro Tip: Set your xbone to be your home xbox in system settings, then you are able to play all of your games even in offline mode.

As far as good campaign/replayability goes. I would definitely recommend Far Cry 4 or Shadow of Mordor. Far Cry 4 is one of a handful of games that I've been able to play through the full story more than once without getting bored. Both are great sandbox games with tons of fun to be had both on or off mission.
The fascinating thing about my signature is that by the time you realize that it is of no importance, it will also be too late to stop reading it. Good luck getting those five seconds of your life back.
Special_K is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Special_K For This Useful Post:
53Driver (01-06-2015)
Old 01-05-2015, 09:25 PM   #1421
n2oinferno
Praise Helix!

Drives: Accord 2.0T, Silverado
Thanked 2,208 Times in 1,072 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Anyone down for Vault of Glass this week on PS4? I'm not a fan of getting a random group.

http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Playstation/455936

As 00 said, feel free to join if you'd like. A couple of members are playing some other stuff right now because xmas and new games and stuff, but I could probably rope them in if I said we were running VoG. I'm up for it this week, but usually can't get on until around 9:30 or 10 PM eastern time.
n2oinferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 09:40 PM   #1422
xclusive_brett

Drives: 08 scion xb
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touge_ninja View Post
anyone down to help me finish VOG? currently have gorgons lair CP or we can start a fresh raid. still trying to learn it tho.
I can run it with you on saturday. Had a good time playing with you last week. Glad more and more forum members are joining. I know there is a small clan that the Socal Southbay 86 guys started on PS4 called pewpewpewpewpewpew. I joined but have never played with any of them.
Old 01-05-2015, 10:33 PM   #1423
Jyn
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special_K View Post
Pro Tip: Set your xbone to be your home xbox in system settings, then you are able to play all of your games even in offline mode.
Not if the game itself contacts a server that they host - i.e. Destiny or NBA 2K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2oinferno View Post

As 00 said, feel free to join if you'd like. A couple of members are playing some other stuff right now because xmas and new games and stuff, but I could probably rope them in if I said we were running VoG. I'm up for it this week, but usually can't get on until around 9:30 or 10 PM eastern time.
Ok, thanks! I'll join that tomorrow most likely. Let me see how my schedule is for this week... it's usually easier for me to work around other peoples' schedules, so if you have some time frame in mind, I can try and make that work too.
Old 01-06-2015, 08:58 AM   #1424
53Driver
T64-416Ax3=13,140shp

Quote:
Not if the game itself contacts a server that they host - i.e. Destiny or NBA 2K.

Ok, thanks! I'll join that tomorrow most likely. Let me see how my schedule is for this week... it's usually easier for me to work around other peoples' schedules, so if you have some time frame in mind, I can try and make that work too.
That was my understanding, Destiny requires you to be online in order to play. I know that everytime the Destiny servers or XBL goes down the game won't get past the loading screen. Starting Christmas, it was pretty much unavailable for 3-4 days due to all the DoS attacks. Unfortunately, I didn't ask for any other games for Christmas.
Old 01-06-2015, 10:11 AM   #1425
f0rge
head of infinite swagger

Drives: 2013 FR-S 6MT
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Driver View Post
Most games do not require you to be on XBL.

I haven't played Mordor, but I can talk to Dragon Age. This game is long, dear god is it long. It's like 20 hours before you even get your permanent "base of operations" and upwards of 60 hours just for the main quest. The side quests seem endless, more than Skyrim even. The story, which I always thought was front and center in DA games, seems choppy and not very well paced. Very rich world, although not fully open world.

It's good, but I don't think it's Skyrim good.

EDIT: Do you own the Master Chief Collection yet? Great place to catch up on some amazing games.
2013 Ultramarine FR-S 6MT - Car Journal - SOLD
2004 AlpineWhite M3 6MT - SOLD
f0rge is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to f0rge For This Useful Post:
53Driver (01-06-2015)
Old 01-06-2015, 11:12 AM   #1426
53Driver
T64-416Ax3=13,140shp

Quote:
Originally Posted by f0rge View Post
Most games do not require you to be on XBL.

I haven't played Mordor, but I can talk to Dragon Age. This game is long, dear god is it long. It's like 20 hours before you even get your permanent "base of operations" and upwards of 60 hours just for the main quest. The side quests seem endless, more than Skyrim even. The story, which I always thought was front and center in DA games, seems choppy and not very well paced. Very rich world, although not fully open world.

It's good, but I don't think it's Skyrim good.

EDIT: Do you own the Master Chief Collection yet? Great place to catch up on some amazing games.
Yes, I have the MCC. I need to play it more often, so far I've let Destiny be the center of my attention. To be honest, it's hard switching between the mechanics of the two games but so far I like HALO 3 the best of the MCC. I haven't tried the PvP stuff because my understanding is that part of the game is pretty much broken. I tried the BETA the day after it became available but got smoked. I've pretty much come to the realization that I'm not a PvP guy lol.
Old 01-06-2015, 11:24 AM   #1427
Special_K
Bannéd

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ
Thanked 2,077 Times in 911 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
True, I suppose it only works for games that have an included offline component. Online only games will still ask you to login (Destiny, Titanfall, etc.). But the key difference is that it is the game asking you to login to their server instead of the xbox asking if you even own the game.

Also, @53Driver what are your thoughts on sim-cade racing, because FH2 never gets old.
The fascinating thing about my signature is that by the time you realize that it is of no importance, it will also be too late to stop reading it. Good luck getting those five seconds of your life back.
Special_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 11:34 AM   #1428
wheelhaus

Drives: 2013 BRZ, 2020 KTM Super Duke 1290R
Thanked 1,141 Times in 624 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00NissanNinja View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2oinferno View Post

I think I'm gonna join as well, I've had good luck with 00NissanNinja's randoms that he's gathered, but I'd love to have more regulars to raid/nightfall/crucible with.

Quote:

I'd love to join. At least for Normal mode, I'm pretty decent with the relics (Templar and both Atheon stages) and I can do my best to help explain what when and why. I'm a little hazy on the Gorgon chest/paths, but with some trial and error I should be able to nail it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touge_ninja View Post
anyone down to help me finish VOG? currently have gorgons lair CP or we can start a fresh raid. still trying to learn it tho.
I saw your post yesterday but didn't have time to bunker down in the basement with my headset, I was online upstairs but had to remain social and help the wife with our 1yo. (my Ps4 is wired to two TVs).
wheelhaus is offline   Reply With Quote