follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 08-08-2016, 10:14 PM   #71
Frost
CASC-OR T.A. Director

Drives: '13 Prius, '22 BRZ
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by everythingsablur View Post
Looked like fun! You seemed pretty pumped at the end. Must be easier to read the cones in person than seeing the line ahead of time in the video.

What are you using to get the overlay information? Looks really nice.
PITL events are always fun. Everyone is pretty easy going and willing to cheer on other folks.

I was pretty pumped because the whole day felt slightly off and I had an embarrassing moment when I shut down the car mid run (key fob jammed up on key and turned ignition off). Wore the cone of shame until my next run lol...

I also beat out someone else in my class who has better tires. So extra happy.

You should come out! Next event is the 28th.

The overlay is a combination of three things:

- OBD reader is ScanTools OBDLink LX
- Data gatherer is my Android S4 running RaceChrono paid app
- Video synching is RaceRender 3

If you want links, check out the long description in my video - links to everything there.

OTA LIVE TIMING LINK
Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frost For This Useful Post:
everythingsablur (08-09-2016), KL (08-10-2016)
Old 08-12-2016, 02:37 PM   #72
Frost
CASC-OR T.A. Director

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by icybrzzz View Post
How are the TLMC events for beginners?

Whats required to run at those events? My friend and I are looking to get our feet wet.
Didn't see your post.

TLMC events can be intimidating because they run alongside regionals at times. Course layout wise, they are actually better than PITL because they give you a course map and the venue is much larger so you don't wind up looping the same thing again and again (which is a distinct possibility for PITL).

I personally prefer PITL more because of the way marshalling is done: you marshall for one entire round and then are done for the day. At TLMC, you marshall EVERY time after your run. This leaves you no time to mingle, socialize and essentially have fun with your competitors in or out of class.

Either way, TLMC still puts on a fantastic gig and I still strongly recommend you go. I'll be there for this Sunday's event.

OTA LIVE TIMING LINK
Old 08-12-2016, 03:06 PM   #73
icybrzzz

Drives: 2015 Scion frz
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost View Post
Didn't see your post.

TLMC events can be intimidating because they run alongside regionals at times. Course layout wise, they are actually better than PITL because they give you a course map and the venue is much larger so you don't wind up looping the same thing again and again (which is a distinct possibility for PITL).

I personally prefer PITL more because of the way marshalling is done: you marshall for one entire round and then are done for the day. At TLMC, you marshall EVERY time after your run. This leaves you no time to mingle, socialize and essentially have fun with your competitors in or out of class.

Either way, TLMC still puts on a fantastic gig and I still strongly recommend you go. I'll be there for this Sunday's event.

Hmmm interesting. How strict are they with the no muffler rule? I'm running a muffler delete on my car and was bummed out when I read that in the rule book. Also can DOT helmets be used?
icybrzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 06:17 PM   #74
sjd

Drives: 2010 Mazda MX-5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by icybrzzz View Post
Hmmm interesting. How strict are they with the no muffler rule? I'm running a muffler delete on my car and was bummed out when I read that in the rule book. Also can DOT helmets be used?
It depends on how obnoxiously loud the car is. I know that is vague but it really does vary from car to car.

We do need Snell 2005 and newer helmets though.
sjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 04:34 PM   #75
Frost
CASC-OR T.A. Director

Garage
Reminder: PITL Event #7 is open for registration at http://msreg.com/pitl7

With Colin in his Alfa Romeo 4C having secured 1st place in class in 4 out of 6 events, all he has to do is secure one more 1st place class finish and the class is HIS!

Will the schmuck in the yellow S2000 hold onto his 1 point lead over his arch-nemesis in the black S2000 or will he choke and droop at the finish line???

Find out this Sunday, Sunday, SUNDAAAAAAAY!

OTA LIVE TIMING LINK