follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 01-14-2018, 02:38 PM   #4341
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,166 Times in 6,828 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyb860 View Post
Has anyone put a jackson kit on a 2017 they don't have it as a option on there Web page?
Yes.

PM me for details.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 01:48 PM   #4342
S. Snake

Drives: 13' Asphalt
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Pulled the trigger on the c38 kit today. Can't wait for the boost!
S. Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 03:39 PM   #4343
ShawnP19

Drives: 2016 Series.HyperBlue BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Looking for a bit of help, about at my wits end. Car is bucking at ~2000rpms. The lower the gear the more violent the bucking. Once past 2krpms it's smooth sailing. I clamped evap solenoid hose, bucking stopped for a few days then came back. Straightened and tightened a few hose clamps and it stopped again for about a week. Now it's back again, but barely. The least violent bucking I've experienced thus far. Can anybody point me in the right direction with this issue?
Tried to capture in a log but it's not as repeatable as it has been, so my tuner saw nothing amiss. A friend looked at 2k in neutral with Torque Pro, said I'm running lean. Has anyone else experienced this bucking? If so, what did you do?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
ShawnP19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 05:55 PM   #4344
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,166 Times in 6,828 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnP19 View Post
Looking for a bit of help, about at my wits end. Car is bucking at ~2000rpms. The lower the gear the more violent the bucking. Once past 2krpms it's smooth sailing. I clamped evap solenoid hose, bucking stopped for a few days then came back. Straightened and tightened a few hose clamps and it stopped again for about a week. Now it's back again, but barely. The least violent bucking I've experienced thus far. Can anybody point me in the right direction with this issue?
Tried to capture in a log but it's not as repeatable as it has been, so my tuner saw nothing amiss. A friend looked at 2k in neutral with Torque Pro, said I'm running lean. Has anyone else experienced this bucking? If so, what did you do?

Who tuned the car? What's on it? Need a log.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 08:50 PM   #4345
ShawnP19

Garage
Zach Tucker at Delicious tuned it, has the c38 kit, and I'll try to capture it in a log, but it's more intermittent now, where it used to be more constant and very repeatable. I'll try to get a log up tomorrow evening after work.

Old 01-17-2018, 09:43 PM   #4346
gtengr

Drives: 2017 BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:

Has this been an issue since day 1? Seems like you've isolated it to a hose connection.
gtengr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 11:38 PM   #4347
Barefootdan

Quote:
Zach Tucker at Delicious tuned it, has the c38 kit, and I'll try to capture it in a log, but it's more intermittent now, where it used to be more constant and very repeatable. I'll try to get a log up tomorrow evening after work.

Is it under partial throttle? I remember mine would act up a bit during my commute. Like 2nd-3rd gear under 3k rpm light throttle to cruise. It wasn’t a huge deal but definitely noticed it sometimes. When I took the kit off, he found my car was super picky under those conditions (in N/A form) that we didn’t see in the original tune since we only tuned for full throttle. Since then the car is buttery smooth again! It may not be the culprit, but something to look into!

Edit: I believe he found it based on my advanced multiplier going down. This sparked the investigation, maybe check yours real quick to see if it’s still happy.
Barefootdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 08:55 AM   #4348
ShawnP19

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtengr View Post
Has this been an issue since day 1? Seems like you've isolated it to a hose connection.
It has not been an issue since day one. Maybe a few weeks after install. And I'm assuming hose issue because the first 2 times I made the symptom go away temporarily were hose-related. So I feel like maybe it's not a hose? Maybe it is, again? Idk, getting stumped.

Old 01-18-2018, 08:57 AM   #4349
ShawnP19

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefootdan View Post
Is it under partial throttle? I remember mine would act up a bit during my commute. Like 2nd-3rd gear under 3k rpm light throttle to cruise. It wasn’t a huge deal but definitely noticed it sometimes. When I took the kit off, he found my car was super picky under those conditions (in N/A form) that we didn’t see in the original tune since we only tuned for full throttle. Since then the car is buttery smooth again! It may not be the culprit, but something to look into!

Edit: I believe he found it based on my advanced multiplier going down. This sparked the investigation, maybe check yours real quick to see if it’s still happy.
It is under partial throttle. I can blow through it at WOT. And thanks for the suggestion. I'll be sure to look for that on the logs I take tonight

The Following User Says Thank You to ShawnP19 For This Useful Post:
Barefootdan (01-18-2018)
Old 01-22-2018, 08:14 AM   #4350
Anderzz

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Premium
Garage
Finally joining the club. Nailed down a used C38 kit.

Already ordered a new intake filter, belt, will come with new fluid, new fluid filter, and the ECUtek dongle.

I have a few questions:

Is there anything else I'm missing that I should buy that has to do with the kit itself? (Already have supporting mods nailed down, just wondering if there are other wear items I should preemptively address since it's a used kit)

I'm going to be home-installing the kit with some friends, what's the most reasonable approach to tuning this? Getting an ECUtek license and wrangling some kind of etune setup? Trailering it to a local shop?

Appreciate any advice.
Old 01-22-2018, 10:05 AM   #4351
Barefootdan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderzz View Post

Already ordered a new intake filter, belt, will come with new fluid, new fluid filter, and the ECUtek dongle.

I have a few questions:

Is there anything else I'm missing that I should buy that has to do with the kit itself? (Already have supporting mods nailed down, just wondering if there are other wear items I should preemptively address since it's a used kit)

I'm going to be home-installing the kit with some friends, what's the most reasonable approach to tuning this? Getting an ECUtek license and wrangling some kind of etune setup? Trailering it to a local shop?

Appreciate any advice.
Off the top of my head, you should be good to go. Maybe just some loctite and some various hose clamps in case some went missing. For tuning, there’s various places you can get it E-tuned through. They’ll send you a base map to get it started and then you’ll send logs for them to refine it. So be sure to get this sorted before you start the install! You don’t want to be stuck with a supercharged motor that can’t start! I went with, and recommend, delicious tuning with good results. Although, I’m sure a dyno tune could extract a few more hp and tq.
The Following User Says Thank You to Barefootdan For This Useful Post:
Anderzz (01-22-2018)
Old 01-22-2018, 10:05 AM   #4352
Barefootdan

Quote:
It is under partial throttle. I can blow through it at WOT. And thanks for the suggestion. I'll be sure to look for that on the logs I take tonight

Any luck on fixing your issue?
Old 01-22-2018, 10:37 AM   #4353
gtengr

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderzz View Post

I have a few questions:

Appreciate any advice.
Some owners have swapped to a metal recirculation valve after the stock one failed. As mentioned add clamps to all hose connections. I would look into mounting the sc oil reservoir below the sc shaft per Rotrex recommendations, but most everyone seems to be doing fine with the stock location.
gtengr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gtengr For This Useful Post:
Anderzz (01-22-2018)
Old 01-22-2018, 12:01 PM   #4354
Anderzz

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Premium
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtengr View Post
Some owners have swapped to a metal recirculation valve after the stock one failed. As mentioned add clamps to all hose connections. I would look into mounting the sc oil reservoir below the sc shaft per Rotrex recommendations, but most everyone seems to be doing fine with the stock location.
Could you point me in the direction of said metal recirc valve? Is it a JR product or is there a 3rd party one that people have been gravitating towards?

Thanks btw