follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 09-06-2019, 04:34 PM   #43
86TOYO2k17

Drives: 2017 toyota 86
Thanked 1,188 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by churchx View Post
my choice would be 250whp build though, and high threadwear rated 215 tires lasting whole event, instead of 400whp and tires lasting 2-4 runs . More seat time/training will make one better drifter. At fixed budget and carrying capacity of trailer for spare wheels/tires, higher power may simply cause ending event much sooner due running out of tires, allowing to actually drift and actually learn less then if in more modest build.

86TOYO2k17: why staggered tire sizing? o_O
Sounds like inducing lot of understeer. And if anything, with quickly wearing tires out, i'd wish to get more out of limited count of spare wheels with tires i carried to event via rotating them to even out wear.
its hard to say what tire setup would be best really, its so dependent on power, weight distribution, suspension/alignment settings, personal preferences, driving style. with RWD and 350-400whp I don't think under steer would be an issue, but he wont know what he wants and needs in this regard until he has done the other mods.

I am not arguing with any of your advice you have given him thus far, it would normally be sound great advice. but i am not going to be his dad, life coach, or financial adviser. If he wants to blow all his money on a fully built perfect drift build for this platform then so be it.

Personally id buy something like a 2007-2010 rwd m3 for like $4K beat it to hell, and then put in a built block and tranny once it blows and some FI. But if he insists on a fully built perfect brz drift build so be it.
86TOYO2k17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 08:51 PM   #44
Contender

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
For that much sell your car and get something with more HP if thats what you want. IMO...upgrade tires at least the clutch/lightweight flywheel but, not to much would be my top three must do. Then catless headers, tune. Start taking shit off the car make it as light as you possibly can. Like 5lb battery mod, lightweight driveshaft, and yes lightweight pulleys thats up to you there is so much debate about them...So make up your own mind on that.

But its your car and money, I wanted to do FI but now after some of the mods I did I like the way the car is running and its pretty dang quick but still very good to daily drive or track. Oh and one thing I still want but haven't done is a good set of coilovers...
Contender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 05:50 PM   #45
gtengr

Drives: 2017 BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86TOYO2k17 View Post
If you look at dyno graphs, edelbrock and sprintex both have a flat and instant torque line, I have max boost at WOT at anything over 2500rpm on my sprintex.
Based on the datalogging on Delicious Tuning's site, the boost increases with RPM. https://www.delicioustuning.com/doubled

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86TOYO2k17 View Post
Turbos generate more heat, but their intercoolers are much more effective compared to any non centrifugal SC, you can manage the heat with wrapping the manifold, Turbo blanket, and hood vents. and not have to worry about loss of power do to high intake temps like a heat soaked SC manifold will have.
Depending on the SC there may be a dedicated cooling circuit. If you're including hood vents, heat soak really shouldn't be a problem on either setup.
gtengr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
build, frs, setup, supercharged