follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > New England

New England MA, ME, NH, RI, VT

User Tag List

Old 06-09-2012, 04:38 PM   #43
Sayfailo

Drives: DGM Subaru BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Oh man, that was a fun event -- adrenaline pumping during the drives. The handling was so tight I think I tweaked my back on the second run haha. All the cars are beautiful in person including the two BRZ Limited that were there in the lot while I was there!
Sayfailo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:02 PM   #44
NRGBalanced

Drives: '13 Subaru BRZ Limited WRB
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Three good-looking cars all in a row! Cessblood would pull up with his own out of frame shortly after.

NRGBalanced is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NRGBalanced For This Useful Post:
MannyO (06-10-2012), Zaku (06-10-2012)
Old 06-10-2012, 01:38 PM   #45
Turbowned

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ Perf Pack 6MT
Thanked 1,945 Times in 1,150 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Garage
What gear was everyone in? I short shifted to second and the car was a dog throughout the course. I knew it would get better with a manual transmission and the driver nannies turned off, and I still had a lot of fun with the car regardless.

Current: 2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S 6MT
Previous: 2 BRZ's, 997 C2S, C5 RS6, C4 S6, B8 S4, GDB STi, S30 240Z, FC3S RX-7 TII, AW11/SW20 MR2, E30 318is/325i, etc.
Turbowned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:20 PM   #46
MannyO
Ninja Moderator

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbowned View Post
What gear was everyone in? I short shifted to second and the car was a dog throughout the course. I knew it would get better with a manual transmission and the driver nannies turned off, and I still had a lot of fun with the car regardless.
I did the same on my first run. Shifted to 2nd right after the first turn...not doing that again. On my second run, I kept it in 1st for a while. I did see a lot of more experienced people keeping the car in 1st for a lot longer since it was a pretty short/tight course.

Take a look below at some in-car footage captured by my very knowledgeable copilot, korinfox:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25320270/VIDEO0051.3gp

All in all, it was a great event and it was nice meeting some of you. Can't wait for the next meet/event to see what everyone has done to their cars.
MannyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:01 PM   #47
Sayfailo

Drives: DGM Subaru BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Phew! I thought I was the only one at the event to take out cones -- my brother and I got called "The Cone Killers" at one point by the starting line guy. They were really awesome about letting us do whatever we wanted in those cars! :happy0180:
Sayfailo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:05 AM   #48
bimmerboy

Drives: 2009 135i
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Had a great time, showed up later than expected. Saw some WRB BRZs in the parking lot, looked really nice!

For those who are driving your own BRZ/FR-S, how much of a difference did the lowering springs and summer tires make on the cars we were driving?

Would you say the stock car handles similar or is it much different?

For me, the TRD springs/ summer tires felt awesome and I feel like I am spoiled now because I've driven it before the stock car...
bimmerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:10 AM   #49
MannyO
Ninja Moderator

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerboy View Post
Had a great time, showed up later than expected. Saw some WRB BRZs in the parking lot, looked really nice!

For those who are driving your own BRZ/FR-S, how much of a difference did the lowering springs and summer tires make on the cars we were driving?

Would you say the stock car handles similar or is it much different?

For me, the TRD springs/ summer tires felt awesome and I feel like I am spoiled now because I've driven it before the stock car...
One of the WRB BRZ's you saw was mine. As for the difference in handling, I can't really comment on that since I haven't gotten the chance to really push mine .
MannyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:32 PM   #50
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 6,254 Times in 2,673 Posts
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
So going into the first lap I wanted to see how to drive the car casually. I thought this little FRS had a good kick to it during the first lap and felt it was very responsive. After the first lap I started to think the car was too responsive perhaps, leaving me to take note what I should do to adjust for my second lap.

The 1st adjustment I made was push the seat further back and lean the seat off me. I felt this would allow me not to be so uptight with the car and just drive it as if I was driving my own car. So the only negative thing I found with the car was actually the seats, they were still NOT that comfortable to me.
The 2nd adjustment was instead of driving two handed just drive with one. That made all the difference and really helped me gain a better perspective on the car's balance. Going through the first and second gears didn't bother me ,imo, while going through the course. I wish though that the course had been a bit longer and had a designated straight line to get a better idea on the car's speed and try to test a hard stop.

Overall the car was pretty good. I didn't feel like pushing the car on my first run. but on the second run it left me wanting to get more of a taste out of it.
So it was nice to get to know the little brother. It basically left me to reconsider on waiting for next year's model and might end up copping a WRB BRZ.

Education is Important, but Race Cars are more Importanter
M-17 is offline   Reply With Quote