follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-12-2012, 04:07 PM   #1
Cheddar
Saving them pennies...
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Drives: 2013 FR-S
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 641
Thanks: 44
Thanked 178 Times in 111 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
What my local dealer told me...

I went to my local dealer to see a fr-s take came in. but the owner had already taken delivery. The salesmen told me they have another coming inbetween the 15/17 and the sticker price is 25995. So I said it's a auto? No a stick. So why the 1000 over msrp?(the guy knew I was going for a the grad program before hand) he said let me go check. I saw him go outside and finish with a family that just bought a rav4.

He comes back in and told me the price is actually 25250. I asked my the mark up over msrp and what happen to scion pure price, his answer was since it was one for the first 86 they can do that.

So I got his card and walked out. Can the dealer really mark it up because of being a first 86? And he wanted a deposit too. But how can I put a deposit on a car who is being brought for someone that won it in a contest? Idk I didn't get any straight answers from him.
Cheddar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:37 PM   #2
Prava
Insegrevious Member
 
Prava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Drives: Raven FRS 6MT
Location: Seal Beach, CA
Posts: 390
Thanks: 475
Thanked 89 Times in 67 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
sounds sketchy to me, bud
__________________

"Character is who you are when nobody is looking."
Club4AG | Micro Image | Solar Shade | FRS86

Prava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:43 PM   #3
xravexboix
 
xravexboix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Drives: 12 Camry Hybrid on 19" RE30
Location: San Gabriel, CA
Posts: 287
Thanks: 56
Thanked 190 Times in 76 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to xravexboix
Pure Price = Advertised/Posted price is what you pay. It doesn't mean MSRP... but ya, over/under MSRP is frowned upon (of course) by corporate.

It may just have added items. The base price of the car:

Manual $24,930.
Carpet Cargo Mat $95.
If Whiteout, $220. (paint color)

So the MSRP would be $25,245. No mark up there, just the typical arrangements as per factory pricing (as itemized above). All of our incoming FR-S are ordered the same way (obviously only +$220. on whiteout models). We order all of our Scions in with the carpet mats/cargo mat. The $220. has been consistent across all Toyota/Scion models with a Pearl White paint.
xravexboix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:56 PM   #4
Cheddar
Saving them pennies...
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Drives: 2013 FR-S
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 641
Thanks: 44
Thanked 178 Times in 111 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
That sounds about right then. It is a whiteout. But I found it weird that he couldn't explain it to me like that and came up with a made up excuse.
Cheddar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:09 PM   #5
xravexboix
 
xravexboix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Drives: 12 Camry Hybrid on 19" RE30
Location: San Gabriel, CA
Posts: 287
Thanks: 56
Thanked 190 Times in 76 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to xravexboix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheddar View Post
That sounds about right then. It is a whiteout. But I found it weird that he couldn't explain it to me like that and came up with a made up excuse.
Some people sell with sales skills

Some people sell with product knowledge
xravexboix is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xravexboix For This Useful Post:
bestwheelbase (05-12-2012), dookie11 (05-12-2012), Godzilla35 (05-13-2012), Scooby (05-13-2012)
Old 05-12-2012, 05:47 PM   #6
YinYang1980
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Drives: Jeep Patriot 2011
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 115
Thanks: 166
Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xravexboix View Post
Some people sell with sales skills

Some people sell with product knowledge
x1000

i have deal with more than 8 salemans of new cars, i can tell that on 8, only 2 know what they are talking about...
YinYang1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:55 PM   #7
GenkiElite
Senior Member
 
GenkiElite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Drives: 91 Corolla (dd) S14 (daily drifter)
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 460
Thanks: 139
Thanked 78 Times in 50 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unfortunatly product knowledge doesn't pay as well as being slick.
GenkiElite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:59 PM   #8
tripjammer
Senior Member
 
tripjammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Drives: WRB BRZ limited 6MT
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 2,765
Thanks: 3,109
Thanked 178 Times in 142 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
If its whiteout get it! It's priced at msrp!
tripjammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:22 PM   #9
dookie11
Senior Member
 
dookie11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Drives: Girls crazy with his booty
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,123
Thanks: 373
Thanked 63 Times in 41 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Listen to ur boi Jeff Chang. He knows his shit.

Get it!
__________________
dookie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:10 PM   #10
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits
 
Sportsguy83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Drives: Limited BRZ
Location: Miami
Posts: 10,729
Thanks: 19,931
Thanked 8,268 Times in 4,336 Posts
Mentioned: 436 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheddar View Post
I went to my local dealer to see a fr-s take came in. but the owner had already taken delivery. The salesmen told me they have another coming inbetween the 15/17 and the sticker price is 25995. So I said it's a auto? No a stick. So why the 1000 over msrp?(the guy knew I was going for a the grad program before hand) he said let me go check. I saw him go outside and finish with a family that just bought a rav4.

He comes back in and told me the price is actually 25250. I asked my the mark up over msrp and what happen to scion pure price, his answer was since it was one for the first 86 they can do that.

So I got his card and walked out. Can the dealer really mark it up because of being a first 86? And he wanted a deposit too. But how can I put a deposit on a car who is being brought for someone that won it in a contest? Idk I didn't get any straight answers from him.
Was that at Headquarter Scion? Look around at other Scion dealers nearby (West Kendall/ Kendall Scion, etc.) And see what are they offering. If any other dealer gives you MSRP, let them (Headquarter) know and see if they match, if not walk to the MSRP dealer and pre-order.
Sportsguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:24 PM   #11
bestwheelbase
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Drives: 1985 P-Type
Location: Nashville, TN, USA
Posts: 3,710
Thanks: 3,273
Thanked 2,056 Times in 1,097 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xravexboix View Post
Some people sell with sales skills

Some people sell with product knowledge
Correction: MOST people sell with sales skills (I think "tricks" is a better word).

Keep fighting the good fight, Jeff. We enjoy and appreciate your posts. Maybe enough to not be completely afraid of the dealership experience...
bestwheelbase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:09 AM   #12
Cheddar
Saving them pennies...
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Drives: 2013 FR-S
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 641
Thanks: 44
Thanked 178 Times in 111 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsguy83 View Post
Was that at Headquarter Scion? Look around at other Scion dealers nearby (West Kendall/ Kendall Scion, etc.) And see what are they offering. If any other dealer gives you MSRP, let them (Headquarter) know and see if they match, if not walk to the MSRP dealer and pre-order.
This was at Lehman. My brother just informed me that there is another in headquarter.
Cheddar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cheddar For This Useful Post:
Sportsguy83 (05-13-2012)
Old 05-13-2012, 10:18 AM   #13
SpecPer
Senior Member
 
SpecPer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Drives: Many
Location: South Florida
Posts: 351
Thanks: 1
Thanked 278 Times in 66 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
I was the owner that took the FRS from Lehman. Let me know if you have any questions. I didnt want to leave the car there at the dealer being everyone was going to be around it without any protection around it
SpecPer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpecPer For This Useful Post:
Cheddar (05-13-2012), Sportsguy83 (05-13-2012)
Old 05-13-2012, 11:48 AM   #14
Cheddar
Saving them pennies...
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Drives: 2013 FR-S
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 641
Thanks: 44
Thanked 178 Times in 111 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Specialized-Performance View Post
I was the owner that took the FRS from Lehman. Let me know if you have any questions. I didnt want to leave the car there at the dealer being everyone was going to be around it without any protection around it
Well I really just want to sit in one before I make a deposit. I'll drive it when mine comes in. i'm 5'11 with a 40 waist so I want to be sure i'm comfy in the seat before I get excited and put in a order for one just to find it's to tight for me in there.
Cheddar is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who has a deposit with your local dealer? Kiteless Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 19 03-12-2012 01:12 PM
BRZ at Local Atlanta dealer! subatoy Southeast 2 03-02-2012 04:08 PM
calling ya local dealer Slide AUSTRALIA 147 12-30-2011 02:10 AM
Interview with my local Toyota Dealer Chibi86 Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 18 09-14-2011 02:42 PM
Toyota USA told that there is "exciting news". Dark Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 13 01-30-2011 03:01 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.