follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > FR-S / BRZ vs....

FR-S / BRZ vs.... Area to discuss the FR-S/BRZ against its competitors [NO STREET RACING]

User Tag List

Old 09-02-2011, 08:12 PM   #127
Allch Chcar

Drives: N/A
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Type[R]+ View Post
It looks great, goes great, does everything right......... but it's a Hyundai!
If this was from any of the Japanese manufacturers, it would be 100x better lol!

I'm sure people will get over this stigma in time, but their poor build quality has scarred the minds of everyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloretoc View Post
I feel the same way. Maybe if toyota had released this car instead of hyundai I would have probably given it a good chance. I know it runs fine, it has great features and a great warranty program. But the"its still a hyundai" cant get it of my mind. I can't get pass it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 82mm 4g63 View Post
I can't knock someone for that, I think that every time we talk about Miata's. lol It's light, it's tiny, it handles great...but it's a Miata. I wonder what we would be saying 30 years ago about the Celica Supra. Looks cool, drives nice...but it's a Jap car? :happy0180:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Type[R]+ View Post
lol! I feel the same! You either got to be gay or a girl to drive a miata!
So you prejudge based on stereotypes and can't accept something for what it is based on it's merits?

This people, is called posting excrement...please stop posting it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonitti View Post
Daily Driver, occasional weekend drifter.
Allch Chcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:31 PM   #128
82mm 4g63
4G63 & Rotary

Drives: 92TalonAWD, 93RX7, 11F150EcoBoost
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to 82mm 4g63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allch Chcar View Post
So you prejudge based on stereotypes and can't accept something for what it is based on it's merits?

IDK who you're asking, but to answer your question: No, I don't prejudge based on stereotypes, I prejudge based on style. In regards to the Miata, it fails to meet my two most important prerequisites... it's a convertible and I don't like it's styling. I respect it's handling ability, but I couldn't care any less about the car as a whole.
82mm 4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:54 PM   #129
blur
ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Drives: E36 5.7 V8
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I dislike the snout. It looked way better before.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:09 PM   #130
Allch Chcar

Drives: N/A
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
IDK who you're asking, but to answer your question: No, I don't prejudge based on stereotypes, I prejudge based on style. In regards to the Miata, it fails to meet my two most important prerequisites... it's a convertible and I don't like it's styling. I respect it's handling ability, but I couldn't care any less about the car as a whole.
You are judging the car based simply on how it looks or makes you appear. Not how it performs.

I am not defending the Miata here. I have never driven one .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonitti View Post
Daily Driver, occasional weekend drifter.
Allch Chcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:43 PM   #131
82mm 4g63
4G63 & Rotary

Quote:
You are judging the car based simply on how it looks or makes you appear. Not how it performs.

If "simply how it looks" is how you want to summarize what I just said, then I guess? I don't have any interest in cars I find ugly. I don't have any interest in convertibles. I also don't pick and choose cars that I like based on stereotypes or on how they make me look, I'm not a woman buying a dress. It's a car. When I step out of it I'm still a fat guy, I am under no delusion that a sexy car makes me sexy just because I own it. (Not unlike the reason I prefer skinny, pretty women over fat, ugly women. I don't really care if you find her attractive, I do. )

Also, I'm not that impressed with the way it performs. I know I've only been around here for a few months, but I thought the majority of people knew where my performance priorities were. I couldn't give two you-know-whats about how well a car takes a turn. I prioritize straight line performance over turning ability. So on a performance level, the Miata does nothing for me either.

TLDR: Miata appearance: Dislike. Miata performance: Dislike. What you(everyone) think of the Miata: I don't care.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:13 PM   #132
fatoni

Drives: miata, mazdaspeed protege, ls430
Thanked 1,442 Times in 787 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
If "simply how it looks" is how you want to summarize what I just said, then I guess? I don't have any interest in cars I find ugly. I don't have any interest in convertibles. I also don't pick and choose cars that I like based on stereotypes or on how they make me look, I'm not a woman buying a dress. It's a car. When I step out of it I'm still a fat guy, I am under no delusion that a sexy car makes me sexy just because I own it. (Not unlike the reason I prefer skinny, pretty women over fat, ugly women. I don't really care if you find her attractive, I do. )

Also, I'm not that impressed with the way it performs. I know I've only been around here for a few months, but I thought the majority of people knew where my performance priorities were. I couldn't give two you-know-whats about how well a car takes a turn. I prioritize straight line performance over turning ability. So on a performance level, the Miata does nothing for me either.

TLDR: Miata appearance: Dislike. Miata performance: Dislike. What you(everyone) think of the Miata: I don't care.
so why are you on the ft86 forum? its not going to be a straight line car
fatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:14 PM   #133
82mm 4g63
4G63 & Rotary

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatoni View Post
so why are you on the ft86 forum? its not going to be a straight line car
Any car can be made into a straight line car.

Also, I'm waiting to see what the final production car looks like. It's not a convertible so if I fall in love with the way it looks I can always make it more powerful. Making it look nicer is a hell of a lot harder.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:39 PM   #134
fatoni

Quote:
Any car can be made into a straight line car.

Also, I'm waiting to see what the final production car looks like. It's not a convertible so if I fall in love with the way it looks I can always make it more powerful. Making it look nicer is a hell of a lot harder.
im aware of that. there are plenty of people dumping v8s in miatas. i just dont think its fair to knock the miata for not being fast in a straight line and then saying the ft86 is okay because any car can be made into a straight line car.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:44 PM   #135
Kage

Drives: 2000 Celica Gts
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Kage
Quote:
im aware of that. there are plenty of people dumping v8s in miatas. i just dont think its fair to knock the miata for not being fast in a straight line and then saying the ft86 is okay because any car can be made into a straight line car.
If that's all he said then your response would be valid, but he specifically said he disliked the way the miata LOOKED, and if the 86 LOOKED good enough it would be worth making it faster.

You can't just respond to half of what someone says and ignore a very relevant half of their argument.
I care first and foremost about what my needs are in the car and not to get "Props" from people. I'm not ricing it out for attention, I'm not flushing it to join a culture, I'm not keeping it stock for resale. I'm making this car for me and me only. And if you're my friend and club members that know me they'll respect that and respect is much better than props.
Kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 02:41 PM   #136
SUB-FT86
86 Member

Drives: 2013 Toyota 86 2.0T (Asphalt)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I feel the same way 82mm feels about the miata but I respect its abilities. Just like him also I like the GC and the FRS but I prefer the 3.8l engine to the 2.0t since I don't care about modding. Its nice to see similar tastes on this board!
SUB-FT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 04:15 PM   #137
fatoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kage View Post
If that's all he said then your response would be valid, but he specifically said he disliked the way the miata LOOKED, and if the 86 LOOKED good enough it would be worth making it faster.

You can't just respond to half of what someone says and ignore a very relevant half of their argument.
i think my response is pretty valid. im not arguing looks since thats entirely subjective. im not ignoring the fact that he doesnt like the looks. im simply holding him accountable for the fact that one of the reasons he says he doesnt like the miata applies directly to the ft86. besides, even if my response wasnt valid, i can do whatever i want. this is the internet.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:28 PM   #138
Type[R]+

Drives: Lexus IS-F
Quote:

Same reason I'll never own a Hyundai, and Australian car, or an American car. My stereotype is that these are all POS in my books.

You saying you don't stereotype?
Quote:

Quote:

What, looks and appearance are not important? Are you serious? You'd spend 10's of $1000's on a fugly car?

And IMO, Miata fails to 'perform' too..... they are gutless.
Type[R]+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:51 PM   #139
82mm 4g63
4G63 & Rotary

Quote:
I understand what you mean, but I'm not saying "the FT86 is OK" at all. It's performance is definitely not OK. I thought I've been more than adamant about wishing it was turbocharged from the factory, guess not. What I'm saying is IF I like the way the FRS looks(notice the bold IF), I would be more than happy to turn up the dial on its performance. Just like IF the Miata looked nicer and wasn't a drop top, I would probably be driving one right now.....but it isn't and it isn't so I'm not. Let's face it the Miata and the FRS will probably handle damn near the same, so I'll knock their performance similarly.

I know you drive a Miata and it's really not my intention to mock you or your car. I honestly don't care what anyone drives, if they like it I'm happy for them. They're just not for me. Just like American muscle cars, I'll probably never own a Mustang/Camaro/Vette/Charger/Challenger/Etc because they're not my style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kage View Post

I was starting to doubt my sanity. lol. I know I'm not the most articulate person on the planet, but god damn is my point of view really that abstract and unusual?
Old 09-04-2011, 03:54 PM   #140
Kage

Drives: 2000 Celica Gts
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Kage
Quote:
I was starting to doubt my sanity. lol. I know I'm not the most articulate person on the planet, but god damn is my point of view really that abstract and unusual?
Why take something you don't like and spend money to improve it, when you can find something you actually like and spend money to make that better....makes perfect sense to me.
I care first and foremost about what my needs are in the car and not to get "Props" from people. I'm not ricing it out for attention, I'm not flushing it to join a culture, I'm not keeping it stock for resale. I'm making this car for me and me only. And if you're my friend and club members that know me they'll respect that and respect is much better than props.
Kage is offline   Reply With Quote