follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 04-01-2014, 12:34 PM   #141
sklimo
Banned

Drives: 2013 Supercharged SSM BRZ Limited
Thanked 12,901 Times in 5,671 Posts
Mentioned: 316 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by was385 View Post
I was originally set to buy through them. Waited for a couple months for the car to come in with a signed agreement for the cars at MSRP with TTL and no other charges. They strung me along through a week worth of delivery delays (with very little communication) and the day it came in, they told me they were adding almost $1000 worth of extra charges that were non-negotiable and that all the other dealers around were charging thousands above MSRP (total lie). I told them I could go to Stamford or Milford and get it without the charges and asked them if they would honor our agreement, but the sales manager and owner both said no. I even told them at the end that if they didn't honor the agreement, I would absolutely hammer them online and they still decided to burn that bridge (my family has bought multiple cars from them before). On the plus side, that car sat on their lot for at least six months, which felt good. I assume they ended up selling it at or below what we had agreed on based on how long it sat in their inventory and they lost my whole family's business.

Damn. My experience was awesome with them. They are also extremely mod friendly. I guess I got lucky
sklimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:36 PM   #142
was385

Drives: MT WRB BRZ Limited, 2007 911s
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sklimo View Post
Damn. My experience was awesome with them. They are also extremely mod friendly. I guess I got lucky
Never even got around to dealing with their service department. That being said, I did hear good things from my step-mom about that department and she used to take her car there regularly for service.
was385 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to was385 For This Useful Post:
sklimo (04-01-2014)
Old 04-01-2014, 12:38 PM   #143
sklimo
Banned

Drives: 2013 Supercharged SSM BRZ Limited
Thanked 12,901 Times in 5,671 Posts
Mentioned: 316 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by was385 View Post
Never even got around to dealing with their service department. That being said, I did hear good things from my step-mom about that department and she used to take her car there regularly for service.

They know I'm boosted and didn't put in their system. YET lol
sklimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:44 PM   #144
was385

Drives: MT WRB BRZ Limited, 2007 911s
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sklimo View Post
They know I'm boosted and didn't put in their system. YET lol
I ended up with Milford and their service manager literally mentions how everything little thing will void my warranty. Finally had to pull out federal law on him just to stop these hypotheticals. I've definitely had worse experiences at Subaru dealers than any other dealerships.
was385 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to was385 For This Useful Post:
sklimo (04-01-2014)
Old 04-01-2014, 01:01 PM   #145
GotMunchies?

Drives: '14 WRB BRZ 6MT Limited
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
WA - Shoreline - Carter Subaru - Jacob Stewart (Sales)

My original plan was to sell my car private party and purchase a car through Clint at Heuberger, however my growing frustration with my old car, falling prices, and financing deals made it worthwhile to forgo the road trip and buy locally.

My first experience with Jacob was a rainy day test drive. Having already driven a BRZ, I wanted the experience of driving it in crappy weather and a chance for my girlfriend to drive an automatic to see how she fit. Jacob took us out Sunday evening in two different cars (and even crammed himself into the back of them). He wasn't pushy, didn't tell us lies about a car he didn't know much about, and was gracious when we left for the day. When I went back a month later looking to trade-in, I asked directly for Jacob. He got me the cheaper advertised price for the same car at the Ballard location of Carter, offered me more than I was expecting for my trade-in, and made the entire process easy, friendly, and low pressure. No seedy salesman bullshit. I would absolutely recommend him, and Carter to a friend.
GotMunchies? is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GotMunchies? For This Useful Post:
Deslock (05-21-2014)
Old 04-11-2014, 09:13 PM   #146
ktech

Drives: '13 BRZ Ltd, 6MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
MN - Bloomington Subaru (Acura) - Jim and Graham in Service

I can neither confirm nor deny the origin of an electrical problem I was experiencing, but I can absolutely confirm their quality of service. Jim was my service advisor and he was friendly and helpful; Graham was the tech and was very willing to walk me through everything he was doing and even let me take a peek at the Subaru service monitor when we were trying to figure out how to activate the alarm. Despite admittedly not knowing much about the BRZ, he was very professional and helpful. Thumbs up!
ktech is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ktech For This Useful Post:
Deslock (05-21-2014)
Old 04-15-2014, 12:36 AM   #147
Blastersix

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
WI - Harms Subaru, Janesville

Sales: Chris Wurslin

Service: not yet

Story: Professional, quick, no haggle, right to the price I had researched and best trade value, I was very impressed. Don't let the fact that this is a small Subaru dealership fool you, these guys found the BRZ I wanted out of state and had my deal closed in three days.
Blastersix is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blastersix For This Useful Post:
Deslock (05-21-2014)
Old 04-27-2014, 01:15 AM   #148
Bobblehead

Drives: 2013 BRZ (gone) 2016 Ford Fusion SE
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
PA- Butler - Kerven Subaru - Both

Sales: Bob Bruggeman

Service: Louis P., Sean M.

Story: Had an 05 Outback XT and met most of the friendly, intelligent and courteous service staff. Traded it in for my BRZ and Bob knew more about the car than I did. Got the last 2013 in the showroom for a killer price. No word on warranty service and aftermarket parts.

Last edited by Bobblehead; 05-21-2014 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Grammar
Bobblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bobblehead For This Useful Post:
Deslock (05-21-2014)
Old 05-06-2014, 09:51 AM   #149
WeAreLasers

Drives: 2014 MT WRB BRZ
CO - Colorado Springs - Heuberger Motors - Sales

Sales: Clint Earhart @HeubergerMotors

Service: N/A

Story: I am not going to lie, after reading all these spectacular reviews about Clint at Heuberger Motors, I was still a bit skeptical of purchasing a vehicle out of state. However, I decided to shoot Clint a text about wanting to buy a BRZ and he helped me throughout the whole process. Clint was very patient and in the end, I saved almost $3k from buying from him. If you are looking to purchase a BRZ, you really can't beat his price, give him a call before you decide to buy your BRZ elsewhere, you won't regret it!
WeAreLasers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WeAreLasers For This Useful Post:
Deslock (05-21-2014), HeubergerMotors (05-06-2014)
Old 05-06-2014, 09:52 AM   #150
HeubergerMotors

Drives: 2006 WRX TR
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Thanks glad to help
HeubergerMotors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:22 AM   #151
SilverlightPony

Drives: '13 Subaru BRZ, '06 Toyota 4Runner
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
NC - Charlotte - Folger Subaru - Sales

Sales: Jim Gamble
Service: n/a

Was looking at BRZ's at a couple of different places, checked out this dealership, and was greeted by Mr. Gamble. Very friendly and easygoing; offered a no-specific-time-limit, no-ride-along test drive before I even got around to asking for one. No complaints whatsoever. Anyone in the Charlotte area looking for a Subaru, talk to this guy. (Also, they apparently have a referral program of some sort; if you buy, PM me for my name and tell him I sent you!)
SilverlightPony is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SilverlightPony For This Useful Post:
Deslock (05-21-2014)
Old 05-09-2014, 12:53 PM   #152
shinbatsu

Drives: 14' BRZ Premium [WRB]
HI - Honolulu - Servco Subaru - Sales

Sales: Dorinda Shimazu

The main reason I like this dealership is the people working at the Subaru side actually own cars like the BRZ and STI and know what the hell they are talking about. Great group of people, would buy from again or refer a friend without question. Most of all if you are buying a WRX or BRZ and want to ask technical questions or just communicate that you are looking for a SPORTS CAR and want a salesperson who understands the culture.
shinbatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shinbatsu For This Useful Post:
Deslock (05-21-2014)
Old 05-10-2014, 07:22 PM   #153
Nylander

Drives: '14 SSM BRZ Limited 6 speed
MT - Butte - Subaru of Butte - Sales

Sales: Cindy and Benny

Story: I saw there wasn't anything for Montana up, so I thought I would chime in. The whole process was very casual, and they didn't force anything on me I didn't want. I traded in my 2004 Chrysler Crossfire and purchased a 2014 SSM BRZ limited 6 speed. The MSRP was $28,554 with destination and they advertised and sold it for $26,600. No hassles, I didn't even try and get a lower price. Nobody there was particularly knowledgeable of the BRZ. Everybody I spoke to almost immediately volunteered that I probably knew more of the car than they did. Overall it was a positive and straightforward experience and I would recommend them to anybody in the area. It's worth noting that the local Bozeman Subaru dealer treated me terribly some years ago and I will never support them willingly.
Nylander is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nylander For This Useful Post:
Deslock (05-21-2014)
Old 05-12-2014, 09:22 PM   #154
cjd

Drives: 2017 BRZ
Thanked 2,928 Times in 1,714 Posts
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Garage
IL - Libertyville - Libertyville Auto City

Sales: Vito

Story: Walked in, found no BRZ. Walked outside, found the Black Limited I was interested in - about 20 seconds before Vito found me. Opened the car, I looked around a bit, and we went in for the test-drive paperwork. My wife and I were sent off on our own and I took my time, finding some fun but safe curves I'm a little familiar with.

Got back, stopped in, and it was simple. "Let's talk price." He did the usual 4-square deal - no trade-in, no word on how I was paying, sticker at $29,292... He came back at $500 over invoice ($27592 with the #2A package + $500) - I countered, he talked to his boss - one check to be sure I'd take the car that day, a bit more waiting, and they agreed. I paid invoice excluding the extra package - slightly below average in this area, and right where I thought it should be.

The paint protection spiel was slow and less to my liking - the guy really wanted to push that over. He also took pains to point out I would fail Vito if I don't rate him "excellent" across the board - evidently "very good" isn't up to snuff.

The books person - little song and dance about the extended warranty. Really no suggestion it's necessary on this car so we passed and no hassles as the paperwork was concluded and I wrote the check.

It was about 3 hours start to finish including a nice long test drive.
cjd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cjd For This Useful Post:
Deslock (05-21-2014)