follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Specific topics relating to wheels and tires.

User Tag List

Old 10-25-2013, 08:21 PM   #15
Dr. BRZ

Drives: 2013 WR Blue Pearl BRZ Limited 6MT.
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20valvewynn83 View Post
This is incorrect. The factory recommended tire pressure is 35 psi and if you look in the door jam it will tell you tire size and tire pressure.

Also the way the system works is once the sensor read +/- 2 psi difference (from factory recommendation) the light will come on. Also keep in mind if you fill your tires up in the morning when its cold then go drive it far the air in the tires will expand with heat, changing tire pressure.

Anything over 35psi is way too high (35psi is high, my opinion). If you over fill you tire with air the tire light may also start to blink, this is a warning.

You are right. my bad this whole time i thought it was 45psi. thats weird though because this whole time ive kept my tires at 45psi and when the light came on i would fill that tire to 45psi and the light would go away.
strange??
Dr. BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:25 PM   #16
zoomzoomers

Drives: 2013 Subaru SWP BRZ Limited 6AT
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
I usually fill to 35 psi when the tires are warm and fill to 32 psi (lowest I'll go for street) when the tires are cold.
Man Law#17:A man in the company of a hot, seductively dressed, woman MUST remain sober enough to fight!

MODS: AVO tubes + filter, Cusco (F) strut brace w/ MC brace, Perrin CBE, Subaru OEM trunk tray, Grimmspeed front license re-locator & hood struts and Beatsonic rear cam.
zoomzoomers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:08 PM   #17
carlitosway6891

Drives: white out project fr-s
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
tpms system has a minimum pressure threshold warning which is usually around 29psi but does not have an over inflation warning, ive seen tires filled up to 50psi.....yea no typo, some ppl are nuts cause they think they have to fill up the tires to what the sidewall says max psi is....but no tire light.

and also when there is a difference of around 3 - 5psi between any of the tires the light will USUALLY come on also. now with the cold weather lowering tire pressures naturally overnight, you could say this is tire light season =)

there have been cases where the whole system had to be "reset" because sometimes the system does crazy things like come on when all the tires are properly inflated but all that really involves is recording all the tpms IDs and rewriting the system with those same IDs
carlitosway6891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:20 PM   #18
Priapus

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Usually, Toyota TPMS warning indicator will come on if any sensor reads 27 PSI or less, or if the difference between any 2 sensors is 5 PSI or more. Light will not come on for over-inflation. Warning indicator will take a little bit to reset. Not quite sure if the FRS has a reset button. I always check my tire pressure every couple of weeks or when the weather changes, so I haven't had to reset it.

Open up the driver's door and look for the sticker either on the lower B-Pillar area (sorry don't know what it's called specifically) or the door itself, you'll find the recommended cold tire pressure.

Last edited by Priapus; 10-25-2013 at 11:24 PM. Reason: As 20valvewynn83 has already mentioned, it's called "door jam"
Priapus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:00 PM   #19
hanabie

Drives: WRB LMTD '13
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
You know the sensor reading solely depends on the program right? I could write a code that the light will be on if it is reading below 30 psi and above 35 psi. So the threshold depends on the written program. To whom think they should follow tire pressures noted on the tires. You are nuts. The tires are not designed only for 2000 lbs car. That is why it is marked for max pressures higher than what your car needs. Some heavy cars might need higher pressures. Go with what the toyobaru recommends. Those pressures are calculated based on the weight. If you are getting more pressures, yes your tires are over pressure.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk