follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 10-04-2013, 09:31 AM   #1
WhiteFR-S

Drives: 2013 BRZ MT WRB
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Installed Borla (plus my muffler delete)

I got my borla header installed yesterday and i already had the Berk dual tip muffler delete. It is loud! almost too loud for me. I'm getting a tune in a couple weeks to get the full power out of the headers. it definitely pulls harder down lown and doesn't seem to be working as hard as it was before. Its not earth shattering but i can tell it added something. Not sure what i should do about the loudness. i guess i could put the muffler back on but i don't want it to be too quiet. anyone else running this combo? any suggestions to quiet it just a little bit?
WhiteFR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:53 AM   #2
fmsida

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I am running Borla headers on stock exhaust as of this Tuesday. I used to have a uncatted front pipe and dual muffler delete before this setup and I got rid of it because of how loud it would've been with headers.

In my opinion, I recommend an over pipe and catted front pipe with stock catback. The sound will increase and you will enjoy what you hear, except it won't make your ears bleed.

Or you can get an axleback and keep the stock over pipe and front pipe. That will also help.

I have a Works axle back-muffler coming in the mail and will arrive hopefully by Saturday. If it does, I will upload a video by Sunday evening and you will have an idea of what it sounds like.
fmsida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:15 AM   #3
zc06_kisstherain

Drives: SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
your problem is muffler delete. simple, no muffler = LOUD!
either get other exhaust or custom muffler install on muffler delete
zc06_kisstherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:30 PM   #4
WhiteFR-S

Drives: 2013 BRZ MT WRB
thinking about putting a resonator on the muffler delete. i just think most of the flow will go to the drivers side tip and this won't do a thing. dont want to spend the cash on a new axleback right now.
WhiteFR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:32 PM   #5
enthennd
wat

Drives: a potato.
video? I'm actually pretty interested in this haha. people feel the berk is loud by itself, but idk to me, its pretty normal, I expected more.
enthennd is offline   Reply With Quote