follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Xero Limit
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 11-18-2018, 05:31 PM   #323
DIY

Drives: BRZ, WRX
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
These are the only measurements I have found of the RX8 suspension at this stage, they give an idea but not very accurate.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...cxMURkaTc0MG5B

My Build Thread
DIY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 06:53 AM   #324
DIY

Drives: BRZ, WRX
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I purchased a pair of RX8 front uprights tonight, I was planning to buy the whole front end but I could not find one for the money I was willing to spend.

While I was there the guy was nice enough to let me take some measurements of the RX8 control arms. As it turns out if you compare the distance of the lower control arm inner pivot across to the face the wheel bolts to for the BRZ and the RX8, the RX8 is actually only about 19mm longer.

Anyway I am pushing ahead with my conversion from mac strut to double wishbone. I won't hijack this thread any longer so if you want to follow the progress then keep an eye my build thread for updates.

My Build Thread

Last edited by DIY; 11-30-2018 at 03:46 AM. Reason: more precise measurement
DIY is offline   Reply With Quote