follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 02-18-2018, 11:59 PM   #1
SquadRon
Banned

Drives: Steel FR-S 2015
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
GREAT

I was turning into a neighborhood today when somebody thought they can cut through traffic to the intersection to make a right over there then as I drove into the neighborhood I saw him on my side and he slammed me out
He told me he was in a hurry and when people are in a hurry and there's backed up traffic that's what people do they drive into this imaginary lane and "cut" people off. More like block people off the neighborhood

SquadRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 12:36 AM   #2
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,814 Times in 16,425 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
What a jerk ........

Did he hit your car ......it sounded like it .. ??

Did you have your turn signal ON ...... ??

A good case for a dash cam.

humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 12:43 AM   #3
SquadRon
Banned

Drives: Steel FR-S 2015
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
What a jerk ........

Did he hit your car ......it sounded like it .. ??

Did you have your turn signal ON ...... ??

A good case for a dash cam.

humfrz
Yeah he hit it but I saw him right before I fully turned cause I was aware this fool was going to hit me but it was too late before I could stop to let him cut through traffic
Brakes and turn signal
SquadRon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SquadRon For This Useful Post:
humfrz (02-19-2018)
Old 02-20-2018, 09:45 AM   #4
MRCA1ST

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
That sucks, hopefully the damage isn't too bad, glad the dashcam caught it
MRCA1ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 11:03 AM   #5
Swift
I just Drive.

Drives: in the womb still
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I am in the Midwest and even we have a few of these roads/situations...mostly from the paint wearing off to much through winter snow plowing.

Point is, for a few seconds I was trying to figure out if it was 2 or 3 lanes where you were because someone farther up was farther to the right.

In that situation and I am not sure if it was because you saw him, but the impression I get was it looked like you were going straight because you were braking late and then turned "wide" by almost going into the other lane coming out from the neighbor hood.

He was in the wrong for sure, but if you were farther to your right well before turn(if no cars parked on street) with blinker on there is no way he could have hit you or unless he was hauling ass he would have rear ended you. If you showed this clip to me as a cop I probably would have ticketed you as well...shit almost looks intentional on your part too.

Not to be mean or anything but if that is how you normally drive you aren't good at all, that is how old people drive or 15yr olds who didn't have the instructor bitch them out for swinging wide. That is what semi trucks do, not little cars.

-92' Acura Legend 5spd coupe twin turbo project
Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Swift For This Useful Post:
Cole (02-20-2018), Summerwolf (02-20-2018)
Old 02-20-2018, 11:28 AM   #6
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift View Post
I am in the Midwest and even we have a few of these roads/situations...mostly from the paint wearing off to much through winter snow plowing.

Point is, for a few seconds I was trying to figure out if it was 2 or 3 lanes where you were because someone farther up was farther to the right.

In that situation and I am not sure if it was because you saw him, but the impression I get was it looked like you were going straight because you were braking late and then turned "wide" by almost going into the other lane coming out from the neighbor hood.

He was in the wrong for sure, but if you were farther to your right well before turn(if no cars parked on street) with blinker on there is no way he could have hit you or unless he was hauling ass he would have rear ended you. If you showed this clip to me as a cop I probably would have ticketed you as well...shit almost looks intentional on your part too.

Not to be mean or anything but if that is how you normally drive you aren't good at all, that is how old people drive or 15yr olds who didn't have the instructor bitch them out for swinging wide. That is what semi trucks do, not little cars.

I am with you. On top of that I don't hear a blinker going and the audio is very clear so I would think you should be able to. Haven't listened with headphones though so maybe it is there and just too faint for the speakers.

From all appearances, considering he was riding the white line right up to the turn, how far he passed the corner before starting that wide turn and then turning well into the oncoming lane to the right I would not have anticipated the turn if I was following him either. This goes double if there was no turn signal. It looks more to me like Squady decided to turn at the last second and is at least partially to blame for the accident.
Clipdat (02-20-2018), Cole (02-20-2018), Summerwolf (02-20-2018)
Old 02-20-2018, 01:15 PM   #7
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,814 Times in 16,425 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Quote:
...............Not to be mean or anything but if that is how you normally drive you aren't good at all, that is how old people drive or 15yr olds who didn't have the instructor bitch them out for swinging wide. That is what semi trucks do, not little cars.
HEY! ........ just a cotton picking minute, there Swift ....... I ALWAYS have my turn signal ON ....... (it just seems to stay ON)......

humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
Cole (02-20-2018)
Old 02-20-2018, 01:20 PM   #8
Summerwolf
Panda Trueno

Drives: No twin now.
Thanked 2,407 Times in 1,332 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
I had no idea you were turning until the last second. Looked like you'd have turned in to oncoming traffic if there had been some anyways.

That was easily avoidable. If you saw him, and knew what he was about to do.... stop turning and go up a block.

Sucks for sure, and he was in the wrong, but it looks easily preventable from that video.
Summerwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Summerwolf For This Useful Post:
Clipdat (02-20-2018), Cole (02-20-2018), krayzie (02-20-2018)
Old 02-20-2018, 01:39 PM   #9
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER

Drives: Subaru Boxer
Thanked 6,845 Times in 3,675 Posts
Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
I just cranked the shit out of the video, and heard no turn signal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz
I'm old and lazy
Clipdat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Clipdat For This Useful Post:
Cole (02-20-2018)
Old 02-20-2018, 01:40 PM   #10
MRCA1ST

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwolf View Post
I had no idea you were turning until the last second. Looked like you'd have turned in to oncoming traffic if there had been some anyways.

I thought the same thing as well. The thing that is weird is that the guy who hit him was turning just as late, if not later, stop the video at the :17sec mark where the contact was made and the other guy is basically perpendicular to the road he was supposedly turning on to, his wheels don't really turn until after the impact, well past the middle of the intersection.

If I were to guess I would say he didn't know the OP was turning and thought he could pass him on the right to get ahead of him and keep going straight.
MRCA1ST is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MRCA1ST For This Useful Post:
Cole (02-20-2018), Tcoat (02-20-2018)
Old 02-20-2018, 01:52 PM   #11
Swift
I just Drive.

Drives: in the womb still
My wife took a ride with someone that didn't know how a 4 way stop actually works(who goes first etc). Now yes most of the time the rules get broken but she was helling at the other people for being stupid and my wife was confused..

I mean the lady was from Canada...so maybe it is opposite lol??

-92' Acura Legend 5spd coupe twin turbo project
Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 01:55 PM   #12
Tcoat

Quote:
My wife took a ride with someone that didn't know how a 4 way stop actually works(who goes first etc). Now yes most of the time the rules get broken but she was helling at the other people for being stupid and my wife was confused..

I mean the lady was from Canada...so maybe it is opposite lol??
Our turns at 4 ways are done in metric.
Cole (02-20-2018), Dadhawk (02-20-2018), krayzie (02-20-2018)
Old 02-20-2018, 01:58 PM   #13
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCA1ST View Post
I thought the same thing as well. The thing that is weird is that the guy who hit him was turning just as late, if not later, stop the video at the :17sec mark where the contact was made and the other guy is basically perpendicular to the road he was supposedly turning on to, his wheels don't really turn until after the impact, well past the middle of the intersection.

If I were to guess I would say he didn't know the OP was turning and thought he could pass him on the right to get ahead of him and keep going straight.
Looks like it may be a common action along that stretch. Watch the white SUV close to the right curb. He passes the whole line of traffic on the right.

Edit: The more I watch the more I am convinced that the guy decided that when Squady moved to the left he had a chance to get around him on the right. He is moving too fast to have been planning to turn and already had to be beside the car when Squady started his turn. There just isn't time for him to have caught up and be where he is if he wasn't already part way there. Takes a bit of the blame off of Squady but he still should be checking before the turn (what if it was a kid on a bike?), the turn was sloppy at best and I am certain there was no signal made.

Last edited by Tcoat; 02-20-2018 at 02:24 PM.
Tcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 05:16 PM   #14
VIP BRZ

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquadRon View Post
I was aware this fool was going to hit me
Then... why'd you make the turn?

"This guy is in the wrong, so ill just hit him"
VIP BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VIP BRZ For This Useful Post:
Clipdat (02-20-2018), Cole (02-20-2018), Summerwolf (02-20-2018)