follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 01-26-2012, 10:38 AM   #15
brzmaybe

Drives: Subaru
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffman13 View Post
Honestly, throw out the rollbar, replace the shocks with konis or bilsteins, the springs with RCE Blacks, probably keep the stock clutch unless the SC is too much, relpace exhaust with intake (I'm too tired of loud exhaust, but love some good intake howl), and you preety much have the FR-S build I'd like to attempt. Throw in an extra set of some wider wheels for the track and you're done. Comfortably daily drivable, but can decimate a racetrack to some extent.
I checked the fastwrx.com site to learn about RCE Black springs. A very interesting choice. And an interesting company.

I've also enjoyed learning how to think differently from the MotoIQ web site. When everybody else was focusing on the bodywork and the track footage, they published detailed suspension pictures and a detailed analysis of the FR-S' modification potential. I paid close attention to their strong recommendation to install camber plates early in the build.
brzmaybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:14 AM   #16
duffman13
Auto-Xer

Drives: 2004 Acura RSX Type-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brzmaybe View Post
I checked the fastwrx.com site to learn about RCE Black springs. A very interesting choice. And an interesting company.

I've also enjoyed learning how to think differently from the MotoIQ web site. When everybody else was focusing on the bodywork and the track footage, they published detailed suspension pictures and a detailed analysis of the FR-S' modification potential. I paid close attention to their strong recommendation to install camber plates early in the build.
I agree with that wholeheartedly. On any car with macstruts, Camber plates are uf the utmost importance as a first mod.
duffman13 is offline   Reply With Quote