follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 03-16-2018, 09:15 PM   #1
LilGreenNumbers

Drives: Silver BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Head Unit Screen Malfunction

I have a 16 BRZ and a couple of weeks ago I noticed that the head units screen was getting fuzzy with lines across it like a bad connection. But it would go back to normal after the car would turn off and reset it. A couple of days ago it happened but hasn’t gone away. I lost the ability to use the radio or Bluetooth The touch screen still works but it seems as though it might have a faulty logic board? I’m not sure. So I removed the dash and got to the back unplugged everything and secured all the harnesses and plugs. The image got worse but touch still remains working. My question is should I take it to the dealer to see if it’s the HU itself or if it’s a loose cable in a harness (I really hope not). I’m not sure if it’s still under warranty but I’m also thinking about skipping the dealer and installing a new aftermarket HU, that’s why I’m worried about the possibility of dead cables in the harness. Any suggestions?
LilGreenNumbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 12:32 AM   #2
Mr.ac
[insert cool phrase here]

Drives: BRZ Premium
Thanked 1,558 Times in 930 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
If under warranty take it in.
Most likely it's the screen and not anything else. If you just want upgrade then do some shopping. There are lots of options nowadays. Prices from $200-1k
Mr.ac is offline   Reply With Quote