follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 05-19-2016, 01:05 PM   #295
Wepeel

Drives: '13 BRZ Ltd
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
you will need to use wayno's "oft" defs as he has added those tables in, their not in standard defs. As always have a close look at some tables if they look weird stop something is wrong, the oft guys have made some more calid adjustments in the lastest OFH tunes
Wayno's worked like a charm. I checked a bunch of values and they all looked sane.

I should have done this long ago! Worked like a charm. I only touched the ignition timing and MAF Corrections - didn't touch the idle targets. I think the ignition timing would have done the trick by itself, but it's perfect now, so I'm not touching it. -4 degrees (or whatever default value was closest to that) worked great. Now I can finally think about getting a real exhaust.
Wepeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 05:59 PM   #296
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wepeel View Post
Wayno's worked like a charm. I checked a bunch of values and they all looked sane.

I should have done this long ago! Worked like a charm. I only touched the ignition timing and MAF Corrections - didn't touch the idle targets. I think the ignition timing would have done the trick by itself, but it's perfect now, so I'm not touching it. -4 degrees (or whatever default value was closest to that) worked great. Now I can finally think about getting a real exhaust.
yep the post start timing takes out the bark\resonant booming at startup, the maf offset helps as well as ecu no longer adds heaps of fuel, the idle targets will reduce fast idle at startup but you need to do maf offset (which you have done) else it will still idle high due all the extra fuel.
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 07:46 PM   #297
Sh1FTy

Drives: Toyota 86 Pegasus White
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Just confirming I've done everything correctly:
  • Ignition Timing Post Start - change all cells to -4. Actual value changes to -3.83
  • MAF Correction After Start (In Gear) - Change Rows 1 & 2 to be the same as the rest
  • MAF Correction After Start (Neutral) - Change Rows 1 & 2 to be the same as the rest
  • Idle Control(Target A/B/E) - Change all values >1200rpm to 1200rpm. This is the part I wasn't sure about as the guide mentions change Target A and E only, however I read somewhere else to change Target B as well)
Sh1FTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 03:43 PM   #298
rjgough95

Drives: 13 Subaru BRZ, 02 7.3 F350 Diesel
Ive been running this set up for alittle while now and my car is an automatic. When its still not fully up to temperature and i put it in gear after 2 minutes idling it still holds at higher rpms until it warms up while im going down the road and sitting at lights first few minutes. After it warms up its all good. Is there something i can do to fix this?
2.5" Non-resonated Perrin catback - Hks dual resonator front pipe - Borla UEL headers - K&N drop in - Supertek intake pipe - Megans Racing strut bar - Racer X Fabrication cylinder brace - Valenti tail lights - Veloxs Motorsports front splitter - Galvez Customs rear diffuser - Open Flash Tuner - GCS paddles - Apex ARC8 Track Wheels
rjgough95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 01:13 PM   #299
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjgough95 View Post
Ive been running this set up for alittle while now and my car is an automatic. When its still not fully up to temperature and i put it in gear after 2 minutes idling it still holds at higher rpms until it warms up while im going down the road and sitting at lights first few minutes. After it warms up its all good. Is there something i can do to fix this?

Surprised you never got an answer, if you've done the edit that is what it achieves until the coolant temp reaches a proper level I believe around 194 degrees Fahrenheit or something around there with the way I did mine. The only way to get rid of that would be to lower the rpm in the idle control stuff or allow the car to warm up fully i.e. way at least 5-10 minutes of idling if it bothers you.
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 02:03 PM   #300
FISHBURGLAR

Drives: whiteout fr-s
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
im running uel93 tune, ofh motiv catless to factory catback. i had to remove my mxp catback because of cold start up. my neighbors complained and threatened to call the police.they have never complained before until i started a new job that required me to leave home at 640 am. the cold start is brutal. i modified post ignition to .04 and changed tables A-F to 1200. this wasnt enough. the idle would go to almost 2K rpms on cold days and warm days begin ~1800 . to not cause bad blood i put on factory catback. i HATE it. i want the exhaust back on. i have the 700C. US 6MT 2013 FRS. to be honest im nervous that i may mess up adding on to the DEf files. anyone that can help me a bit. anyone have the DEF? i need the maf correction ... i read this whole thread. i have no issues editing on romraider nor using oft. i am just avoiding to brick my ecu and make a huge error. what holds me back is me making an error. Thank you for any and all help
FISHBURGLAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 04:58 PM   #301
Kodename47

Drives: UK GT86
Thanked 1,629 Times in 1,112 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Latest OFT C series? If so, then you can use !one and will have all the tables. I'm not on my laptop but you should be able to find them on here somewhere:

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=23

Kodename 47 DJ:
Soundcloud / Instagram / Facebook
Kodename47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 06:09 PM   #302
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHBURGLAR View Post
im running uel93 tune, ofh motiv catless to factory catback. i had to remove my mxp catback because of cold start up. my neighbors complained and threatened to call the police.they have never complained before until i started a new job that required me to leave home at 640 am. the cold start is brutal. i modified post ignition to .04 and changed tables A-F to 1200. this wasnt enough. the idle would go to almost 2K rpms on cold days and warm days begin ~1800 . to not cause bad blood i put on factory catback. i HATE it. i want the exhaust back on. i have the 700C. US 6MT 2013 FRS. to be honest im nervous that i may mess up adding on to the DEf files. anyone that can help me a bit. anyone have the DEF? i need the maf correction ... i read this whole thread. i have no issues editing on romraider nor using oft. i am just avoiding to brick my ecu and make a huge error. what holds me back is me making an error. Thank you for any and all help
Yes unless you change the Maf Offset after start tables in neutral and in gear the engine will rev high on cold start no matter what you set idle targets to

you need to do all three things
set idle target to 1200
set post start timing to say -4
reduce maf offset after start tables both nueutral and in gear
and with usa roms disable P050B cold start ignition performance else you will throw a cel after a while
Old 08-08-2016, 07:11 AM   #303
rjgough95

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSBRZGT86FAN View Post
Surprised you never got an answer, if you've done the edit that is what it achieves until the coolant temp reaches a proper level I believe around 194 degrees Fahrenheit or something around there with the way I did mine. The only way to get rid of that would be to lower the rpm in the idle control stuff or allow the car to warm up fully i.e. way at least 5-10 minutes of idling if it bothers you.
I actually let it warm up on average 3 minutes and very easy on. For example going down gravel drive way the car will actually try to get away from me and have to apply the brakes lightly to keep it at 10 MPH. Then when sitting at stop sign sits there wanting to take off because those extra RPMS. Just worried about hurting the AT.
2.5" Non-resonated Perrin catback - Hks dual resonator front pipe - Borla UEL headers - K&N drop in - Supertek intake pipe - Megans Racing strut bar - Racer X Fabrication cylinder brace - Valenti tail lights - Veloxs Motorsports front splitter - Galvez Customs rear diffuser - Open Flash Tuner - GCS paddles - Apex ARC8 Track Wheels
Old 08-08-2016, 08:21 AM   #304
Teseo

Drives: frs
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,769 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
I actually let it warm up on average 3 minutes and very easy on. For example going down gravel drive way the car will actually try to get away from me and have to apply the brakes lightly to keep it at 10 MPH. Then when sitting at stop sign sits there wanting to take off because those extra RPMS. Just worried about hurting the AT.
At stop sign put on neutral
Teseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:58 PM   #305
rjgough95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teseo View Post
At stop sign put on neutral
I actually do that from time to time. Its more when i am pulling out of my garage example. Sometimes I have to go back forth and back forth again to get out of the way of another car of mine. While doing this whole time its trying to go. Just have worries about the transmission.
Old 08-08-2016, 02:21 PM   #306
FISHBURGLAR

Drives: whiteout fr-s
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
Yes unless you change the Maf Offset after start tables in neutral and in gear the engine will rev high on cold start no matter what you set idle targets to

you need to do all three things
set idle target to 1200
set post start timing to say -4
reduce maf offset after start tables both neutral and in gear
and with usa roms disable P050B cold start ignition performance else you will throw a cel after a while

i dont have the tables for maf ofset and im nervous to add it on my XMLS thats my issue i dont want to brick my ECU and im using the newest DEF from open flash
FISHBURGLAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 07:16 PM   #307
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHBURGLAR View Post
i dont have the tables for maf ofset and im nervous to add it on my XMLS thats my issue i dont want to brick my ECU and im using the newest DEF from open flash

use wayno s defs they have them added in
Old 08-09-2016, 01:22 AM   #308
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:

Mine does the same it's the side effect of the extra rpms just allow it to warm up more or lower the rpms....
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote