follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 07-16-2012, 11:47 PM   #1
huma

Drives: ITR
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Finally came in, yeh!!

First and foremost, I would like to thank Heuberger Motors and Jeff Willoughby. They stuck true to their word of invoice + $389 dealer fee. I had to wait a little longer for my vehicle to come because it took longer to deliver the vehicle from Cali to distribution center to dealership, but it was well worth it.

If anyone is looking for a BRZ at invoice + $389 dealer fee, this is the place to purchase your Subaru. I was in and out in less than an hour and a half. The paper work they make you do is much less than other dealerships and they don't try to force you to purchase additional options in their finance dept. Give Jeff Willoughby a call at 719-358-1752 if you're interested to see what they have in stock (currently none) or if you want to order one. He told me about a 8-12 week wait if you order.

My initial impressions are that the steering wheel feel isn't as stiff as the FRS. I like the FRS feeling better and thought the steering wheel was a little too loose. The clutch pedal feel sucks . I also noticed that I couldn't shift quick, because it would grind, so I had to hesitate for a split second to a second before shifting. The feel of the honda shifters/clutch is better imo. I don't know if it's the way I sit or not, but my head is awfully close to the front of the windshield/headliner. The analog speedometer is nearly useless as the digital is much better.

For a new car, my vehicle already has two rattles =/. The navigation is pretty nice, but the system itself seems pretty basic and I like the height adjustable head lights. I tried not to push it too hard because there are a lot of hills here, but I got the engine smelling a little bit. I'm going to try to baby it as much as possible during the first 1k miles. Another thing is I feel the engine sounds weird, but I guess this is normal for boxer engines? It's my first boxer and I've only purchased Honda/Acura sports cars till now.

I'm not going to push the vehicle hard until I break her in, but based on initial impressions I like the ITR better (handling, steering, transmission, engine). I'm sure the BRZ will be more fun once I learn how to drift.

My cousins FRS that he picked up yesterday.

My BRZ that I picked up 30 mins ago.

7.1 miles after being shipped to California, loaded on to a train and shipped to the distribution center around here. Moved onto a truck and delivered to my dealership.

huma is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to huma For This Useful Post:
PMok (07-17-2012)
Old 07-16-2012, 11:51 PM   #2
86design
Attack By Demons

Drives: 2022 BRZ (pre ordered)
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
niice congrats man!!! you'll love the BRZ!!! ENJOY
Old 07-17-2012, 01:37 AM   #3
Lonewolf

Drives: Moped
Thanked 2,129 Times in 1,194 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
That's awesome...you have an 86 family! That reminds me, I wonder what happened to the brothers that bought an FRS and BRZ?
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:45 AM   #4
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Drives: Limited BRZ
Thanked 8,344 Times in 4,361 Posts
Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by huma View Post

I also noticed that I couldn't shift quick, because it would grind, so I had to hesitate for a split second to a second before shifting. The feel of the honda shifters/clutch is better imo.
There are threads about this here. The first three gears use triple cone synchros, and because of this until the oil is up to temperature, 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd will grind a bit and will be hard to shift. You will notice that once the oil warms up, the shifts are smooth as butter.

Congrats on the car you will love it!
Sportsguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:56 AM   #5
wallace03

Drives: WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
did you go to colorado to pick it up and drove it back to houston?
Old 07-17-2012, 04:09 AM   #6
pattymcb13

Drives: 2002 Mazda Miata
Where is Heuberger motors at?
pattymcb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:38 AM   #7
huma

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallace03 View Post
did you go to colorado to pick it up and drove it back to houston?
I'm stationed in Colorado and called them a month and a half ago because I saw the vehicle advertised for invoice on autotrader. I told them what I saw online and they honored the deal. A few days later they got the prices on their website and autotrader fixed, but my sales guy said he will do invoice until his boss tells him he can't.

I forgot to mention about how awesome my sales guy is. Their cleaning? department didn't do that great of a job cleaning my vehicle and I pointed it out to him. You know what he does? He goes out and cleans my car for me. I only asked him to take care of those small spots, but he does the whole car! He spent at least 30 mins cleaning my car while I was in the finance office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattymcb13 View Post
Where is Heuberger motors at?
They're located in Colorado Springs. What I would suggest is if you don't have time to fly here, pick it up and drive back. They charge about $1k to load it on a covered? truck and deliver it to you. I know a member here who reserved one of the ones in the pipe lines and only had to wait two weeks for his BRZ. I saw his car at the dealership for a couple of days and it was gone in a truck delivered to him.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:17 PM   #8
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Drives: 2006 Honda S2000
Thanked 5,759 Times in 3,055 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to King Tut
Quote:
I'm not going to push the vehicle hard until I break her in, but based on initial impressions I like the ITR better (handling, steering, transmission, engine). I'm sure the BRZ will be more fun once I learn how to drift.
I predict another thread similar to a previous Honda owner who got a new FR-S.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:54 PM   #9
PMok
Codename: Stitch

Drives: 91 MR2; 06 IS350; 16 BRZ; 18 CX-5
Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,307 Posts
Mentioned: 462 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Congratulations and thanks for the summary. I just placed an order with Heuberger Subaru as well, got tired of dealing with ridiculous markups in CA and unavailability. I am still not sure if I will have them ship my BRZ to me in CA or if I will fly out there and drive it back when it arrives. If anyone else has bought from Heuberger and had their car trucked out-of-state, can you provide some thoughts on how that process went and if everything worked out ok doing that? Thanks.
PMok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:11 PM   #10
ShoGun

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ SWP 6MT
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Congrats!!
ShoGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:28 PM   #11
huma

Less than 24 hours and the big truck next to me scratches my rear bumper from backing out. He's turning his wheel and I think his tire ran into my bumper =/. I'll take pictures another day because it's raining right now. Our parking lot is pretty big on post, so I don't remember what color or model that truck was

The least that jerk could've done is left me his insurance info so I could make the $200-$300 claim to get it repainted.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:36 PM   #12
EvoXDD
Trident Motorsports Owner

Drives: DGM. DD for my EvoX
Garage
people have no respect.

congrats on the car though! i love mine and i have a beast of an evo too.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:06 PM   #13
serith

Drives: 2009 Scion tC RS 5.0
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
The least that jerk could've done is left me his insurance info so I could make the $200-$300 claim to get it repainted.
Don't do this. If it's only a few hundred to fix it, just eat the cost. It's not worth filing a claim that small to have your insurance rates go up as a result (you're fault or not).
09 RS 5.0 -- #862 of 2000 -- 5spd
serith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:12 PM   #14
huma

Quote:
Originally Posted by serith View Post
Don't do this. If it's only a few hundred to fix it, just eat the cost. It's not worth filing a claim that small to have your insurance rates go up as a result (you're fault or not).
Roger that, I definitely am not going to file a claim on my insurance. I wanted his insurance info to file it on his ins company.

This might give me a excuse to purchase the TRD sides/rear and install them sooner than later. Don't know what I would do with the front, sti lip maybe?