follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting

Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting What these cars were built for!

User Tag List

Old 02-28-2019, 11:56 AM   #15
Clutch Dog

Drives: 2017 BRZ PP , 2005 Saab 97X
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka-t_240 View Post
I guess, radiators are not an allowed ST mod, so I can see they bumping for that. I personally would have just put you in STX since thats where the car belongs.

I have been in the SCCA for 10+ years, been the RE/President/etc. I spent a lot of time moving our region from a region stuck in the 90s to 2010+, and we still have a long ways to go, but we now have 10 events a year with 40ish people. Average 8-9 runs, and then a hour of fun runs and are cleaned up by 5pm.
I'm with one of the teams down in the Socal area and our president is worried about that outcome. if we average less than 100 people per practice session we are losing money. I had offered leniency on the modification gambit because even in like fwd STS, if you dont have a EF hatch you won't be competitive. and forget about CS and BSP...

Now Im a "young" hotshoe who's played in and out of Autox and time attack and even rallyx for the past 6 years, (pending status in conus) And I understand rules and whatnot. But I also know that there are exceptions for everything.... everything

good to know that local regions are loosening up on oddball rules. Something like an oil cooler or baffled oil pan isnt a cheat mod for the tight track. More or less

On the radiator thing as well as swinging WAY far away from the OP topic

"Engine cooling radiators may be replaced with alternate parts subject to the following restrictions:
1.Radiator core dimensions (width, height, thickness) cannot be smaller than the standard part.
2.Radiator must mount to OE radiator mounts.
3. Fluid capacity and dry weight of the radiator must be no less than that of the standard part. Installation of an alternate radiator may serve no other purpose (e.g., to allow a cold air intake passage)."

non standard radiators are allowed in street touring (STX for us)
I would even argue your radiator serves the same purpose as an oil cooler which is allowed
Clutch Dog is offline   Reply With Quote