follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 07-26-2015, 11:48 AM   #99
a_dee

Drives: '14 BRZ CBS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixedjuice View Post
Do you recall where it was plugged in to the 16 pin harness?
i'm probably giving up for tonight to have a professional look at it on Monday.
In the mean time, looking to buy some LED (bright white, not too blueish) for my wife's legacy plus clear side markers for the BRZ
It was the gray wire in the far right if I recall correctly, its the smaller connector, not the big one on the left.
Old 07-29-2015, 01:40 PM   #100
mixedjuice

Drives: 2015 BRZ - sold & 2014 Legacy Sport
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
@a_dee
Finally got it installed! I had to tap a power wire to give the monitor power.

Last edited by mixedjuice; 07-29-2015 at 01:54 PM.
mixedjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mixedjuice For This Useful Post:
a_dee (07-29-2015)
Old 07-31-2015, 02:13 AM   #101
Aqrab

Drives: BRZ
all pictures not working
Aqrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 12:28 AM   #102
UF Key Master

Drives: 2013 Toyota FRS Ultramarine
Garage
Don't know if this will help anyone with newer models but the wiring for my '13 FRS was pretty simple.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUPGBdxDXaY"]2013 Scion FRS "Fit" Back up camera install - YouTube[/ame]
UF Key Master is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UF Key Master For This Useful Post:
chaoskaze (08-02-2015), notout86 (08-03-2015)
Old 08-29-2015, 09:55 PM   #103
SVXdc
Radio wiring harness guru

Drives: 1996 SVX L AWD
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UF Key Master View Post
Don't know if this will help anyone with newer models but the wiring for my '13 FRS was pretty simple.

[link to YouTube vid]
See this post.
Old 08-29-2015, 10:14 PM   #104
SVXdc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan160222 View Post
I have SVXdc's harness and just received a Rydeen Duo.
However, the camera wiring is more complicated than I expected.

(click to see large version)
  • Figure out what that "Reverse power anode output" lead does. (it's labelled "Reverse trigger" in the schematic)
Rydeen's cameras have dual power leads. The two red wires are electrically tied together. You can use either one to send power to the camera. Just don't try to feed power into both leads.

Rydeen's intention was that you power the camera by tapping your reverse lights wire (near the camera), to the lead labeled "To reverse light power" (at the top of your picture). The second lead, labeled "Reverse power anode output" (at bottom of your picture), would be available to provide the reverse gear signal to an aftermarket head unit or monitor screen.

You'll want to use the lead poking out of the RCA plug. Connect that to the 6V power lead on my rear camera harness. Then just insulate the red lead near the camera.

Attach their ground lead to a good chassis ground point somewhere within reach of that lead.

BTW, thank you for putting together that composite picture of Rydeen's harnesses!
Old 08-29-2015, 10:17 PM   #105
SVXdc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqrab View Post
all pictures not working
I've archived nearly all of Runny_Yolk's pictures. If he doesn't fix his post, I'll figure out a way to post them. There are around 50, so it will take a little effort.
Old 08-30-2015, 12:19 AM   #106
zc06_kisstherain

Drives: SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
With rydeen camera and svdx harness its pretty simple plug and play install. I didnt cut any wire. My harness didnt need ground either.
zc06_kisstherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 01:47 AM   #107
ethan160222

Drives: 2015 BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXdc View Post
BTW, thank you for putting together that composite picture of Rydeen's harnesses!
Thanks for the follow-up SVXdc. I got eager and tried applying power to the lead attached to the video output and it works as expected. Currently I have it all wired up to your harness and am waiting for a cool(er) day to install in my car.
ethan160222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 03:35 PM   #108
hx92

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Hi --

I'm in need of some major help installing a back-up cam on my 2015 BRZ! I've been at this for about a week now with no solution. Hoping someone here can help me out. So I got myself a Rydeen Duo cam and a handy harness online. Tested out the cam on my TV with a 9V battery. All good there. Wanted to test out the cam with my HU before running the wires but couldn't get past that step. Sharing some pictures so hopefully you guys can spot my problem.

Here's my handy harness hooked up to my HU with the original socket with the grey wire plugged into that.

Got the 6+V wire from the harness hooked up to the camera, following the guidelines above, the one closest to the RCA plug.

Ground cable from Harness to the camera ground. I tried also hooking those up to the car on the bolts below.

Left side ground

Right side ground

When I shift into reverse, nothing happens. There was a few times that when I shifted into reverse that the screen turned black and there was the caution text at the bottom but that was every once in a while. So picture from the camera has ever been displayed on the HU.

Thanks--
hx92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 01:42 PM   #109
StvnPtrsn

Drives: 2015 CWP BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXdc View Post
I've archived nearly all of Runny_Yolk's pictures. If he doesn't fix his post, I'll figure out a way to post them. There are around 50, so it will take a little effort.
Anybody know what's up with SVXdc? I've emailed him via the ae64.com site and PM here but no response in over a week.

Steve
StvnPtrsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 02:14 PM   #110
N1rve

Drives: 2019 BMW ///M4
Thanked 1,167 Times in 714 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hx92 View Post
Hi --

I'm in need of some major help installing a back-up cam on my 2015 BRZ! I've been at this for about a week now with no solution. Hoping someone here can help me out. So I got myself a Rydeen Duo cam and a handy harness online. Tested out the cam on my TV with a 9V battery. All good there. Wanted to test out the cam with my HU before running the wires but couldn't get past that step. Sharing some pictures so hopefully you guys can spot my problem.

Here's my handy harness hooked up to my HU with the original socket with the grey wire plugged into that.

Got the 6+V wire from the harness hooked up to the camera, following the guidelines above, the one closest to the RCA plug.

Ground cable from Harness to the camera ground. I tried also hooking those up to the car on the bolts below.

Left side ground

Right side ground

When I shift into reverse, nothing happens. There was a few times that when I shifted into reverse that the screen turned black and there was the caution text at the bottom but that was every once in a while. So picture from the camera has ever been displayed on the HU.

Thanks--
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 6V is the main power source. Can you check if there is 6V coming from that wire? I believe for the BRZ the reverse trigger wire is pre-wired but not the main power source. FRS is vice versa.

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
N1rve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 11:19 AM   #111
AFewBricksShy

Drives: 2015 WR Blue BRZ
Garage
So here's a hint for people that are trying to follow the first post: If you cut and paste the entire first post into MSWord, the pictures will show up.

I'm hoping to start this over the weekend.

Edit: Finished the install about an hour ago. It was very easy and this guide was incredibly helpful.

Thanks for the help

Last edited by AFewBricksShy; 10-31-2015 at 02:17 PM.
AFewBricksShy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 12:25 AM   #112
asnatlas

Drives: 2013 - BRZ - SWP
No pics
asnatlas is offline   Reply With Quote