follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 05-04-2015, 01:53 PM   #85
was385

Drives: MT WRB BRZ Limited, 2007 911s
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Well I finally got a working one after they sent me two defective units. This one wasn't perfect out of the box and I had to pull apart the black control unit and file down one of the sides that had not been cut far enough. I ordered mine the first day they went on sale (Feb 14). Truly embarrassing lack of quality control on their part to send me three straight parts that had issues. Safe to say I won't be ordering from them again.
was385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 02:30 PM   #86
lxsedan

Drives: 2013 BRZ SWP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Theres no way with this kit to have the DRL off with headslights is there. I only want the Boomerang on during the day maybe this is easier somehow else.
lxsedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 03:30 PM   #87
Diode Dynamics

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Thanked 1,761 Times in 877 Posts
Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
The FR-S version has already been tested, and is listed on the website here: http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/c.../category/622/

We will be making an installation video with more information in the near future

Thanks,
Nick C.
Diode Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Diode Dynamics For This Useful Post:
NyC Zn6 (05-04-2015)
Old 05-04-2015, 03:34 PM   #88
Diode Dynamics

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Thanked 1,761 Times in 877 Posts
Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by was385 View Post
Well I finally got a working one after they sent me two defective units. This one wasn't perfect out of the box and I had to pull apart the black control unit and file down one of the sides that had not been cut far enough. I ordered mine the first day they went on sale (Feb 14). Truly embarrassing lack of quality control on their part to send me three straight parts that had issues. Safe to say I won't be ordering from them again.
I'm sorry to hear that you've had issues with our BRZ Always-On™ Module, but we've made several improvements to the design and quality of the product. The faulty relay is something that is nearly impossible to detect during the manufacturing process.

We've done our best to provide constant communication with members on the forum and will assist anyone who is experiencing issues quickly.

These modules are manufactured in-house here in St. Louis. We aren't simply buying them off the shelf from an overseas manufacturer.

I understand your frustration, trust me, but we are always working hard to give members on this forum the very best. That's why we took on the development of this product to begin with.

Thank you,
Nick C.
Diode Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Diode Dynamics For This Useful Post:
xkalelx (12-04-2015)
Old 05-04-2015, 05:35 PM   #89
was385

Drives: MT WRB BRZ Limited, 2007 911s
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics View Post
I'm sorry to hear that you've had issues with our BRZ Always-On™ Module, but we've made several improvements to the design and quality of the product. The faulty relay is something that is nearly impossible to detect during the manufacturing process.

We've done our best to provide constant communication with members on the forum and will assist anyone who is experiencing issues quickly.

These modules are manufactured in-house here in St. Louis. We aren't simply buying them off the shelf from an overseas manufacturer.

I understand your frustration, trust me, but we are always working hard to give members on this forum the very best. That's why we took on the development of this product to begin with.

Thank you,
Nick C.
The faulty relay was understandable, I know production issues happen. What wasn't was the amount of time it took to ship replacements and the fact that the next two units had issues that I noticed within seconds of opening up the box and should have been easily noticeable to whoever was assembling them. I'm just relaying my experiences with this product, though once I fixed the most recent one and zip-tied it back together, it does work as it should and looks good.
was385 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to was385 For This Useful Post:
Diode Dynamics (05-05-2015)
Old 05-04-2015, 07:07 PM   #90
NyC Zn6

Drives: 10 Series #974 6m/t
Thanked 1,141 Times in 669 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics View Post
The FR-S version has already been tested, and is listed on the website here: http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/c.../category/622/

We will be making an installation video with more information in the near future

Thanks,
Nick C.
Yes thank you so much guys....you guys are awesome
NyC Zn6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 07:10 PM   #91
NyC Zn6

Drives: 10 Series #974 6m/t
Thanked 1,141 Times in 669 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyFunk View Post
Thanks! Just took a look at the beatsonic version on their website and it looks like you can not adjust the intensity of the light which I would prefer to do. That why you are waiting for the DD version? I would too
Yup adjustability was a big factor for me as well hence the reason I am waiting for diode dynamics module.
NyC Zn6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 10:56 AM   #92
slyphen

Drives: Man
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Send a message via AIM to slyphen Send a message via Yahoo to slyphen
here is my experience so far with this product, purchased from modbargain.

First Impression: The packaging was meh. a little concerned, when i see scuff marks on the fuse cap itself, maybe it was a RMAed unit, maybe not. This was the same for all of my units mentioned below.

First Unit: Not only this unit didn't work, I spent hours looking for why my boomerang, side marker and tail light(ambient tail light, not the breaks light) no longer work when i put the dial in parking light mode. I swapped everything back to stock and the result was the same. It ended up to be a burnt fuse, and strangely the 10A taillight fuse, which apparently controls the boomerang, side marker and tail light.

Second Unit: It wasn't too long till i received the replacement unit. excited, i installed it and see everything is working as it should. the boomerang and LED turns on in auto mode and stay on when the headlight turns on. however as i turned on my signals, the left signal start to hyper flash in the dash. I ran out of the car and found the front left turn signal is out completely and the right Boomerang is flashing in the same frequency as the hyper flash in the dash. worried, i immediately disconnected the unit and returned it to stock.

Third Unit: Mod Bargain was kind enough to quickly ship the replacement of the replacement. This unit seem to work so far. I finally gained some satisfaction. The car look great with the mod, and it didn't blow a fuse or mess up my turn signal.

Questions: When in auto mode with the headlight off, the DRL, boomerang are on. should the side marker and tail light also be on? or do they only turn on during parking mode.

Last edited by slyphen; 06-02-2015 at 02:20 PM.
slyphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 10:59 AM   #93
Porcupint

Drives: 13 GBS BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyphen View Post
Questions: When in auto mode with the headlight off, the DRL, boomerang are on. should the side marker and tail light also be on? or do they only turn on during parking mode.
Side marker and tail light only comes on in parking mode or when the headlights are on. In auto with headlights off you should only have the DRL/Boomerang on.
Porcupint is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Porcupint For This Useful Post:
slyphen (06-02-2015)
Old 06-16-2015, 05:03 PM   #94
jimmjams

Drives: SWP BRZ Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronglass View Post
Installed it as such and can't get it working. I'll take a look at it again later, I don't think I did anything wrong however. Lights work at night, but not during the day in Auto mode.
I'm on my 3rd module and I still can't get it to work on auto mode during the day. It works fine at night on auto mode. But during the day, DRLs don't even come on.

Do you guys have any other suggestions I can try out or am I just getting bad luck with my RMA's?

Would having the relay installed for my USDM Tom's have any effects on how this module is supposed to work?
jimmjams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 07:48 PM   #95
BigFatFlip
sleep, drive, eat, repeat

Drives: '13 BRZ, '12 Outback
Thanked 3,796 Times in 1,981 Posts
Mentioned: 188 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Just installed mine in the parking lot during my lunch hour, very easy install. Just curious, where are folks routing/tucking in the wire across the front of the car? I did a quick tuck under the front bumper gasket. I'll probably take the gasket off and do a better job running it under there when I get home.
BigFatFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 01:57 PM   #96
MGPAX
Still 17!

Drives: 2014 Silver BRZ Limited
Well I'm on my second Always On module and this one won't dim the DRL either!
In fact if I pull the jumpers both off the boomarang goes out but the DRL stays on.
DRLs do not work if the relay is pulled from the box tho...even with other loom in line.

seems like the power for the DRLs is bypassing the circuits inside the little black box all together.

Anyone had this problem and found a fix? Is an Automatic different? (I'm testing with car in gear, no e brake, lights on and pushing up against a curb)

EDIT: FIXED!!: I finally just opened the little black dimmer box with the jumpers on it and went at it with some solder! Everything works just perfectly now!

Last edited by MGPAX; 08-03-2015 at 11:25 PM.
MGPAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 03:49 PM   #97
BlackJesus
Shut up baby, I know it

Drives: 2013 BRZ DMG
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmjams View Post
I'm on my 3rd module and I still can't get it to work on auto mode during the day. It works fine at night on auto mode. But during the day, DRLs don't even come on.

Do you guys have any other suggestions I can try out or am I just getting bad luck with my RMA's?

Would having the relay installed for my USDM Tom's have any effects on how this module is supposed to work?
Is your hand brake on?
BlackJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 10:31 PM   #98
Mx5racer

Drives: 97 Miata / 15 BRZ limited 6MT WRB
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
My first unit did not work the boomerangs and they sent out a replacement right away.
The second unit works the boomerangs but has very little dimming of the DRL's. I would rather not risk any bigger problems so I think I will stick with this unit

Maybe the should test the units before they leave
I want it too work, it was one of the reasons I bought a BRZ over a FRS
Mx5racer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mx5racer For This Useful Post:
MGPAX (08-01-2015)