follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 08-12-2014, 06:35 PM   #1275
Deathalo

Drives: 2013 WR Blue Limited Manual BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2R View Post
What theme?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
Yeah I tried looking for car skins, even went on their forums, the only skins I could find just change the color and look of buttons, they don't change sizes or layouts of anything.
Deathalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 09:26 PM   #1276
DriftEm

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
I'm having problem with Torque and USB, I plug in USB dongle and torque starts but when I go to select USB device, it says no recognized device detected, I'm using a OBDLINK SX. Any ideas?

Last edited by DriftEm; 08-13-2014 at 12:08 AM.
DriftEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 12:54 AM   #1277
Orisai

Drives: Hyundai ix45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftEm View Post
I'm having problem with Torque and USB, I plug in USB dongle and torque starts but when I go to select USB device, it says no recognized device detected, I'm using a OBDLINK SX. Any ideas?
In the Torque options, make sure you have USB selected in "Connection Type". Also, you may need to restart Torque and manually choose the USB device if you plugged your SX after you opened the app.

In case it gets recognized, you may need to set the USB baud rate to 38400 in your Torque settings for it to work properly. Some OBDLink devices are set to 115200, which is way too high for them to work properly withot losing connection or data to framing errors.
Orisai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 01:05 AM   #1278
DriftEm

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orisai View Post
In the Torque options, make sure you have USB selected in "Connection Type". Also, you may need to restart Torque and manually choose the USB device if you plugged your SX after you opened the app.

In case it gets recognized, you may need to set the USB baud rate to 38400 in your Torque settings for it to work properly. Some OBDLink devices are set to 115200, which is way too high for them to work properly withot losing connection or data to framing errors.
Yes, I have USB selected for the connection type. I do plug in the USB device with the Torque off, the torque starts as soon as USB device is plugged in, but when i go to choose the USB device from under setup option, it says "no recognized device detected" I have already rebooted the Dashlinq and still no luck. I'll try the baud rate, I have it setup on "auto", I'll change it to 38400 see if that helps. thanks
Old 08-13-2014, 01:37 AM   #1279
bwthor

Drives: gray
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by inositle View Post
I posted my Google Doc a few weeks ago that I've been building up with a collection of all the tips & tricks from this thread. Just a reminder that if anyone wants to help add on to it, it is open for editing and hopefully has a good amount of useful information on it. I know a couple other people from here have been adding to it also.

Google Doc link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
Would be nice if SHIFTER could add this to the OP. I'm sure that many could benefit from reading through this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathalo View Post
AHA! I figured out how to get all your music from USB storage to show up on any music player!

First, you need root access.
Once you're rooted, download this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...e.fmount&hl=en

What foldermount does is essentially creates a link to your external USB mounts (that are not scanned by the system "media storage" app, that most music players use to detect music) and puts those links inside your internal sdcard folder so that media storage can scan those files!
Thanks for the tip, I'll have to check it out. If you could do a quick write up in the above mentioned Google Doc it would be a good reference for others.
bwthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 01:44 AM   #1280
Moor

Drives: Toyota Sienna
DriftEm, I have not understood, you connect bluetooth in Dashlinq "Settings" -> "Bluetooth"? I It is necessary to find the device (OBD adaptor), to enter PIN, then to establish connection. Then to establish connection in Torque
Moor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 01:56 AM   #1281
DriftEm

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moor View Post
DriftEm, I have not understood, you connect bluetooth in Dashlinq "Settings" -> "Bluetooth"? I It is necessary to find the device (OBD adaptor), to enter PIN, then to establish connection. Then to establish connection in Torque
I'm not using Bluetooth, I'm using USB OBD2. [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005ZWM0R4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1"]Amazon.com: ScanTool 425801 OBDLink SX USB: OBD Adapter/Diagnostic Scanner for Windows: Automotive[/ame]
Old 08-13-2014, 02:28 AM   #1282
nphillip

Drives: BRZ
1. Does anyone know why my external USB port is failing to connect to my android device and ipod? It's not so much a problem as I can listen to all my music via bluetooth but I still hope to use that port as a charger for my devices. With my old stock HU it would work.

2. How do I watch movies on this HU?? Do I need some sort of video app, which app would you recommend? Is it possible to load a movie via bluetooth or do I need to save the movie onto an SD card?

As you can see i'm pretty much a tech-noob. Any help would be much appreciated.
nphillip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 03:35 AM   #1283
SilverlightPony

Drives: '13 Subaru BRZ, '06 Toyota 4Runner
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nphillip View Post
2. How do I watch movies on this HU?? Do I need some sort of video app, which app would you recommend? Is it possible to load a movie via bluetooth or do I need to save the movie onto an SD card?
There are tons of video player apps for Android. My personal favorite is MX Video Player (name may not be exact, but it's MX something; icon is a black orb with a blue "play" symbol in it).
SilverlightPony is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SilverlightPony For This Useful Post:
nphillip (08-13-2014)
Old 08-13-2014, 05:33 AM   #1284
nphillip

Drives: BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverlightPony View Post
There are tons of video player apps for Android. My personal favorite is MX Video Player (name may not be exact, but it's MX something; icon is a black orb with a blue "play" symbol in it).
I've actually downloaded that app but I cant figure out how to load movies in it... do I still need to have the movie in the SD card or something?
nphillip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 05:35 AM   #1285
BlkR

Drives: GT86
use vlc player
BlkR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 09:06 AM   #1286
SilverlightPony

Drives: '13 Subaru BRZ, '06 Toyota 4Runner
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
I've actually downloaded that app but I cant figure out how to load movies in it... do I still need to have the movie in the SD card or something?
Or USB, yes. I don't know of any that work over bluetooth.
SilverlightPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 10:03 AM   #1287
DC2R

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
MX player is good. Would pickup anything on USB or sdcard iirc.
As far as using port to charge phone that isn't the best. Three most you will get out of that port is likely 460 to 500ma. Hardly enough to sustain charge with screen on. Get a cigarette adapter and pump 2000ma to your phone.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
DC2R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DC2R For This Useful Post:
nphillip (08-14-2014)
Old 08-13-2014, 10:36 AM   #1288
Prog

Drives: 2016 Cadillac CTS
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2R View Post
What theme?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
I think I'm using this one right now: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kins.ics&hl=en
Prog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Prog For This Useful Post:
DC2R (08-13-2014)