follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 05-29-2012, 07:08 PM   #1
315FR-S

Drives: saab 9-3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Lost fans?

We have any Lost fans on here? i just started watching it on netflix. boy am i hooked! i just watched the first 5 episodes
315FR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:12 PM   #2
cmspooner

Drives: 2013 SWP Limited BRZ - Manual
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
My wife and I powered through it two summers ago. It is pretty good; especially the first season. It is worth watching, but doesn't entirely live up to the promises it makes in the beginning.
cmspooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:47 PM   #3
Calum
That Guy

Drives: 2013 asphalt FRS MT
Thanked 2,867 Times in 1,499 Posts
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmspooner View Post
It is pretty good; especially the first season. It is worth watching, but doesn't entirely live up to the promises it makes in the beginning.
That's an understatement!
Calum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:21 PM   #4
315FR-S

Garage
doesnt live up to the promises? can you explain without giving anything away? im still trying to figure out how they came up with the polar bear thing
Old 05-29-2012, 11:37 PM   #5
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 6,254 Times in 2,673 Posts
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
I stopped watching after the 5th season, I think, it just prolonged too much for me. I was hooked at first, but I guess I could say I started to cut down on my TV viewing time. And Evangeline Lilly was ohh so cute in this series and I can't forget Michelle Rodriguez ().

Education is Important, but Race Cars are more Importanter
M-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:00 PM   #6
315FR-S

Garage
evangeline lilly is gorgeous!!!
Old 05-30-2012, 09:17 PM   #7
Calum
That Guy

Drives: 2013 asphalt FRS MT
Thanked 2,867 Times in 1,499 Posts
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 315FR-S View Post
doesnt live up to the promises? can you explain without giving anything away? im still trying to figure out how they came up with the polar bear thing
It was just so suspenseful for the first few seasons. Then after a while, when things should have started being explained, they tried to make it even more mysterious. But it didn't work, it just got to the point that I didn't care. I was enjoying the suspense but was in it for the pay off at the end. When it finally came it was a complete let down and really didn't tie in a lot of things. Unless I missed it. Again, they ruined it and I just didn't care.

Btw, at the time I worked with someone who was a dead ring for miss Lilly. Freckles and all. Even after months at sea, seeing this girl everyday, working with her, it never got old.
Calum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:49 PM   #8
315FR-S

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
It was just so suspenseful for the first few seasons. Then after a while, when things should have started being explained, they tried to make it even more mysterious. But it didn't work, it just got to the point that I didn't care. I was enjoying the suspense but was in it for the pay off at the end. When it finally came it was a complete let down and really didn't tie in a lot of things. Unless I missed it. Again, they ruined it and I just didn't care.

Btw, at the time I worked with someone who was a dead ring for miss Lilly. Freckles and all. Even after months at sea, seeing this girl everyday, working with her, it never got old.
jealous. shes gorgeous. i dont see why they wouldnt explain everything in then end. why not? no point in leaving it open ended. but yeah. im still gonna watch it
Old 05-30-2012, 09:50 PM   #9
MmmHamSandwich
You know you want it.

Drives: '13 FR-S
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
I enjoyed it for a while (back when Hulu wasn't a bunch of bullshit) but ultimately grew tired and annoyed. Got to the point too much bizarro shit was being introduced, too many characters just up and decided to do weird stuff out of the blue that wasn't in line with their motivations or past actions, and too often was shrugged off with no explanation. So much nonsensical backstabbing, undeveloped side stories, and moments where characters seemed to just forget everyone else's past track records, I felt like I was watching At World's End.

I'm all for surprises or twists, but when you feel you have a character figured out, then they do something uncharacteristic and it's never really elaborated upon or referenced again it becomes blatantly obvious the script writers have stopped writing characters and are just using them as plot devices.

This kills the show.

Instead of watching it, I ended up just reading the wiki synopsis for the last season, not with an "I have to know!" urge like seasons before but with a passing, perhaps morbid curiosity as one has when looking at pictures of a natural disaster. YMMV.
MmmHamSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:54 PM   #10
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 6,254 Times in 2,673 Posts
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MmmHamSandwich View Post
I enjoyed it for a while (back when Hulu wasn't a bunch of bullshit) but ultimately grew tired and annoyed. Got to the point too much bizarro shit was being introduced, too many characters just up and decided to do weird stuff out of the blue that wasn't in line with their motivations or past actions, and too often was shrugged off with no explanation. So much nonsensical backstabbing, undeveloped side stories, and moments where characters seemed to just forget everyone else's past track records, I felt like I was watching At World's End.

I'm all for surprises or twists, but when you feel you have a character figured out, then they do something uncharacteristic and it's never really elaborated upon or referenced again it becomes blatantly obvious the script writers have stopped writing characters and are just using them as plot devices.

This kills the show.

Instead of watching it, I ended up just reading the wiki synopsis for the last season, not with an "I have to know!" urge like seasons before but with a passing, perhaps morbid curiosity as one has when looking at pictures of a natural disaster. YMMV.
Well said man.

Especially the Hulu bullshit.

Education is Important, but Race Cars are more Importanter
M-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:58 PM   #11
7thgear
i'm sorry, what?

Drives: Canada
Location: I rock a beat harder than you can beat it with rocks
Thanked 2,506 Times in 1,268 Posts
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Lost would have been a much better series if

a. people who died stayed dead

b. the island was either a scientific experiment, natural artifact, or alien relic.

c. no theological tie ins, no purgatory, no alternate universe.

d. the end scene looked something like the end scene from Contra for the NES and there would only be 4-5 survivors.

Old 05-31-2012, 04:13 PM   #12
Scooby

Drives: Audi A5 Coupe
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
You have to like weird stuff to fully enjoy Lost. I do and I loved it to bits beginning to end.

Went to Oahu in 2010 and made the full day Lost Locations tour with Kos Hummer Tours. A must-do for any Lost fan.
Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote