follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Rocky Mountains / Great Plains

Rocky Mountains / Great Plains CO, IA, KS, MO, MT, ND, NE, SD, WY

User Tag List

Old 06-09-2014, 04:50 PM   #211
wheelhaus

Drives: 2013 BRZ, 2020 KTM Super Duke 1290R
Thanked 1,141 Times in 624 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllDayJonRay View Post
What types of bike paths are we talking??? I'm sure there is going to be a variety, but basically we're trying to decide if its worth bringing our bikes with us...

If you could guess, would you say most paths are road bike and/or beach cruiser style friendly??
They're open to everything, road bikes, mountain bikes, bike trailers (kid trailers), walkers with dogs, etc. The vast majority are paved and usually wide enough for easy two-way traffic. The whole metro area is very cyclist friendly.

And there's over a dozen mountain bike trails within 30-40 minutes of the metro area.
wheelhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wheelhaus For This Useful Post:
AllDayJonRay (06-09-2014)
Old 07-13-2014, 09:12 PM   #212
AllDayJonRay

Drives: 2013 Ultramarine FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Well its official!! We'll be headed to CO in two weeks!! We'll be in an apt in Castle Rock ("pending approval") until we settle and are able to get into something a little bigger! Can't wait to get to meet everyone!

'13 Ultramarine 6MT FR-S || K&N Drop-In, SpeedFactory V1 Cat-Back || Moto-East tuned

Join the 86 Owners Clan on Clash of Clans: "86 Owners" Password: "fa20" || Help us take over the world || Thread
AllDayJonRay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AllDayJonRay For This Useful Post:
Chupacabra (07-23-2014), mrlewistan (07-14-2014), wheelhaus (07-15-2014)
Old 07-23-2014, 07:31 PM   #213
AllDayJonRay

Garage
Also, I'm looking for a job. If anyone knows of any good places that are hiring, please let me know. I appreciate it.

I was a automotive tech at MB for 5 years, have an Associates in business, and a few years of experience in supervision/management and customer service.

Thanks fellas.

'13 Ultramarine 6MT FR-S || K&N Drop-In, SpeedFactory V1 Cat-Back || Moto-East tuned

Join the 86 Owners Clan on Clash of Clans: "86 Owners" Password: "fa20" || Help us take over the world || Thread
Old 07-23-2014, 09:10 PM   #214
Chupacabra
'it's the yeti of Texas'

Drives: 2013 Whiteout 6MT FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Also, I'm looking for a job. If anyone knows of any good places that are hiring, please let me know. I appreciate it.

I was a automotive tech at MB for 5 years, have an Associates in business, and a few years of experience in supervision/management and customer service.

Thanks fellas.
What type of a job would you be looking for? Want to stay in the Auto Industry or elsewhere?

Chupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:04 PM   #215
AllDayJonRay

Garage
I'll go back to the auto industry if I must. At this point honestly, I need anything I can get to pay the bills until something better comes along.

Old 07-23-2014, 11:21 PM   #216
Chupacabra
'it's the yeti of Texas'

Quote:
I'll go back to the auto industry if I must. At this point honestly, I need anything I can get to pay the bills until something better comes along.
There are quite a few dealerships that are within a half-hour of where you'll be living. Also, you're really close to the bottom edge of the DTC (Denver Tech Center) which is where I work and there are plenty of corporations in and around there.

I'm at Arrow, we're an electronics distributor, and I'm close to Jeppesen (avionics), ULA (rockets), Gates Corporation (industrial engineering) and several other mega-corps that people never realize exist locally here. That should help get you started. If you decide to apply for Arrow, let me know and I can meet up with you once you get here since I'm only about 15-20 minutes from Castle Rock.

Old 07-23-2014, 11:43 PM   #217
hattrickey

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupacabra View Post
There are quite a few dealerships that are within a half-hour of where you'll be living. Also, you're really close to the bottom edge of the DTC (Denver Tech Center) which is where I work and there are plenty of corporations in and around there.

I'm at Arrow, we're an electronics distributor, and I'm close to Jeppesen (avionics), ULA (rockets), Gates Corporation (industrial engineering) and several other mega-corps that people never realize exist locally here. That should help get you started. If you decide to apply for Arrow, let me know and I can meet up with you once you get here since I'm only about 15-20 minutes from Castle Rock.
Do you know the guy with the really nice 3000GT VR-4? He is a buyer for Arrow.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:31 AM   #218
Chupacabra
'it's the yeti of Texas'

Quote:
Originally Posted by hattrickey View Post
Do you know the guy with the really nice 3000GT VR-4? He is a buyer for Arrow.
Unfortunately I don't. There are 4 separate buildings scattered within a mile of each other and I'm at Building 3. I am a huge fan of the VR-4 though, highly underrated 90's Japanese performance car.

Old 07-24-2014, 12:55 AM   #219
AllDayJonRay

Garage
Quote:

Thanks a lot. I'll look into those companies to see what they have available.

The Following User Says Thank You to AllDayJonRay For This Useful Post:
Chupacabra (07-24-2014)
Old 07-24-2014, 08:14 AM   #220
hattrickey

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Unfortunately I don't. There are 4 separate buildings scattered within a mile of each other and I'm at Building 3. I am a huge fan of the VR-4 though, highly underrated 90's Japanese performance car.
Ah okay. I'm not sure what building he is in, but if you ever get a chance to see it, you won't be disappointed.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:19 PM   #221
driftguy

Drives: In between cars... 2018 Ninja 1000
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hey everyone! I'll be moving to Denver August 1st from San Antonio! I'm really excited obviously. My questions: my job requires me to drive everyday (outside sales). Will the FRS be a viable option with snow tires? What are some tires you'd recommend? Any tips for living in the Denver area? I'll be centralized to the Commerce City area.
driftguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 05:42 PM   #222
AllDayJonRay

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftguy View Post
Hey everyone! I'll be moving to Denver August 1st from San Antonio! I'm really excited obviously. My questions: my job requires me to drive everyday (outside sales). Will the FRS be a viable option with snow tires? What are some tires you'd recommend? Any tips for living in the Denver area? I'll be centralized to the Commerce City area.
Looks like Denver seems to be a bit of an 86 owners magnet! I'll be arriving in Denver metro on 7/30!!

I have similar curiosities about the snow situation.. From what friends in the area have told me, it's really not as bad as the "OMG, Colorado snow!!" stereotype makes it seem. They've told me that it snows often, but it doesn't stick around for weeks at a time like in other winter climate areas. I'm from NJ, so I've been dealing with snow driving every year since I first started driving.

Being from TX, have you ever had to deal with snow driving before??

Last edited by AllDayJonRay; 07-24-2014 at 05:54 PM.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:59 PM   #223
driftguy

Drives: In between cars... 2018 Ninja 1000
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Denver is just the place to be! No, I have zero snow driving experience, it snowed once. It melted before the sun rose the next day.
driftguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 06:36 PM   #224
Chupacabra
'it's the yeti of Texas'

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftguy View Post
Denver is just the place to be! No, I have zero snow driving experience, it snowed once. It melted before the sun rose the next day.
To be honest, the FR-S can be a great car in most mild snow conditions but I'd highly recommend getting a beater car that you won't mind getting filthy. The other advantage is you're not putting your inexperience in colder conditions in the drivers seat of your nice $25K RWD sportscar.

There will be plenty of times where you can practice driving your car in the winter, but I wouldn't want to consistently do it with all of the risk.